So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Back in again. The trim on top of the windshield broke in two pieces - now a 1/16" crack in ...
    Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

Back in again.

The trim on top of the windshield broke in two pieces - now a 1/16" crack in the center.

So she goes in to get the trim replaced - again. (First one warped and was replaced)

I figure all that sunroof seal work must have stressed the plastic trim.

I'm at 39,750 miles... just over 10k miles left on the original factory warranty.

Yes - I will complain about the tapping noise - again.

On the 27th, I will have her exactly 2 years.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Professor Wizard, I am glad to see that you are having your issues dealt with by the dealer. Could you keep us up to date on what happens with your tapping noise as well? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Jeff,

Thanks for your concern.

ELCO is a pretty good dealer - - I do wish their mechanics were a tad better at diagnostics and assessment. (read through this thread on trouble getting some issues resolved.)

The tapping thing I am afraid is going to be the thing that makes me dump this car. It has no problem showing itself to me - - but the dealer says they can not reproduce it.

My trim piece is on order - so I await my "Your Part is In" post card.

I am quite anxious to get all things fixed including the tapping thing, before my warranty expires at 50k miles. I have the GM Extended Protection, but that doesn't cover things like trim, rattles, or parts falling off. It pretty much only covers me if something goes wrong with the drive-train or electronics.

It is my understanding that even though the tapping was reported before the warranty expires, if it is not attended to until after the expiration time, it will not be covered.

I am thinking I am going to have to get someone else to drive, while I sit in the back and trace out the source, and fix this one myself.

New problem this morning...

So - I get in and start to back up - looking at my Inside Rear View, it had dropped over night, so I reached up to adjust it.. and it is totally wobbly loose!

Great!

So driving to work the mirror is going boing boing with every bump - - talk about annoying.

Weird for it to do that overnight though! Nobody but me drives this car - - well, and the mechanics at the dealership.

Well, something to add when I taker her in for the Roof Trim - - I am glad it happened now, and not after the OEM Warranty ran out, as that is quite an expensive mirror.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by G32006SRX View Post
    The front end rattle you heard could have been the calipers rattling. There was a tsb on this a while back.
    I think you hit the nail on the head, G32.......I had rotors and pads replaced before a drive from just North of Boston to Elgin IL, about 30 miles West of Chicago. about 1,159 miles each way. The front end clunking was gone before my departure, so it must have been a loose right front caliper. My mechanic didn't mention it to me when I picked up the SRX, but that annoying clunking is gone!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you who know me have read, I purchased this SRX CPO @ 26K miles and had the vehicle back in to the dealer in short order. The first visit to get rid of left front clunking going over bumps and patched road surfaces (dealer replaced worn front sway bar insulators, clunk gone). The second visit to get rid of groaning whenever there was front end suspension travel, coming to a stop or pulling into paking lots/driveways (dealer replaced both lower control arms, worn bushings, groaning gone). They also fixed the leaking rear hatch (Lake Cadillac, faulty pinch weld) and a third row seat that would not fold flush (stop adjustment).

I had erroneously assumed the sway bar insulators were going bad again. The right front caliper was apparently loose because the brake job eliminated that noise.

While many in this forum may not be mechanically inclined (like me), the observations of others (the issue and the fix) can be a great comfort and/or a money saver to the rest of us.

I am now down to just the rattling UltraView while driving over road bumps and imperfections. I will report back once I have had an opportunity to take the SRX back in and share with them Prof's fix. I realize that the service techs must roll their eyes when someone like me comes in, but I am interested in results and need to avoid bring backs since I picked a dealer further from my home when there were 2 dealers closer to me.......because of their service reputation.

Olsen Cadillac in Woburn MA. has lived up to their reputation and to my expectations. My time and my ownership satisfaction is important to me. So I am willing to pay more to get the vehicle I want (I did pay more) and the service level that goes with it. They know what they are doing at Olsen Cadillac, and they will be my first choice (again) when it comes time to replace the SRX.

PJ

Professor Wizard, glad to see you will be able to get your rearview mirror serviced. PJ1520, good to hear you've been able to find a dealership with a good service department. Hopefully these latest trips will the last ones for both of you. If you continue to have issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Update:

The Chrome Laminate on the Drivers Interior Handle is cracking and flaking off, with very sharp edges that cut your finger when trying to open the door!
    As a follow up to my 1 July 09 response; our 09 SRX developed this same anomaly, in fact my wife cut her finger on a sharp edge. I was going to take it in but decided to wait until my next oil change and in the mean time I used a heavy/rough shop rag to "polish" it out and it worked.

BTW our 09 is sitting at 39K and aside from an intermittent "rattle in the dash the left rear power door lock failed and had to be replaced. Else the car runs and drives great.

Tom

Tom - - glad to see you got a Wednesday Car!

The Door Handle (Interior Chrome) that they installed to replace the one that the chrome flaked off - - started to do the same thing, only this time I was ahead of it and took my dremmel with a soft cloth sander and I took out the burr before it could catch on a glove or something. smooth as silk now.

While I was at it, I hit all the other handles lightly.

I think I got a Friday Car - - you know - - the one where the workers were more interested in getting out of the place, then they were in making a good car.

Jeff: My Mirror isn't fixed yet - - I just discovered it. But I assume that Elco will take care of it.

My headline rattle showed itself again today.

And now I have squeak in one of my left doors - can't quite seem to pinpoint it. But it may be weather related, as it has rained for nearly 2 weeks straight here in STL.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Tom - - glad to see you got a Wednesday Car!

The Door Handle (Interior Chrome) that they installed to replace the one that the chrome flaked off - - started to do the same thing, only this time I was ahead of it and took my dremmel with a soft cloth sander and I took out the burr before it could catch on a glove or something. smooth as silk now.

While I was at it, I hit all the other handles lightly.

I think I got a Friday Car - - you know - - the one where the workers were more interested in getting out of the place, then they were in making a good car.

Jeff: My Mirror isn't fixed yet - - I just discovered it. But I assume that Elco will take care of it.

My headline rattle showed itself again today.

And now I have squeak in one of my left doors - can't quite seem to pinpoint it. But it may be weather related, as it has rained for nearly 2 weeks straight here in STL.
    I bought mine from Jack Schmitt Cadillac in O' Fallon. It was a GM executive car, the address on the window sticker that normally lists the dealer shows GM with some address in Detroit. So maybe it received extra attention, but the GMVIS only showed one warranty claim during the 9 months the car was in service with GM. It had 18K miles on it and what is funny is when I looked at the Previous Destinations in the Nav I found 7 locations in Michigan, Indiana and Canada that when I googled all turned out to be GM facilities. The other thing I notices is the steering wheel looked BRAND NEW and for a car that 18K miles rolled up in 9 months I would have expected some visible sign of use. The car was sold as a CPO so my 9 month old 09 had more warranty than a brand new 09 still being sold when I bought my 09 in April 09. It also had the Sport, trailering and 3rd seat options along with the optional CR paint. I paid a fraction of new. So as far as I'm concerned my 09 is/was a steal.

Tom

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Tom.......I live North of Boston. Like you, on my previous vehicle I picked up an "in the same model year" GM employee loaded vehicle with just 12K miles on it. Like yours, also a steal. My current CPO SRX was just 3 model years old, a lease turn-in, with just 26,000 miles on the odometer. And the price? About 45% off the original sticker.

Three weeks ago when I did a vehicle search there were only 3 AWD V8 2008-2009 SRXs with the third row seating and the DVD/NAV/entertainment options within 100 miles of my zip code! One would have a far better selection and more favorable pricing with the V6 as you may have found.

I enjoy being the second owner on my vehicles. The depreciation hit the first registered owner takes on a trade is huge, all to my benefit. And the vehicle aesthetic condition on these low mileage, late model CPO vehicles is actually quite clean. Add in a GM warranty extension, from the huge savings, and one is good to go!!!!

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    Tom.......I live North of Boston. Like you, on my previous vehicle I picked up an "in the same model year" GM employee loaded vehicle with just 12K miles on it. Like yours, also a steal. My current CPO SRX was just 3 model years old, a lease turn-in, with just 26,000 miles on the odometer. And the price? About 45% off the original sticker.

Three weeks ago when I did a vehicle search there were only 3 AWD V8 2008-2009 SRXs with the third row seating and the DVD/NAV/entertainment options within 100 miles of my zip code! One would have a far better selection and more favorable pricing with the V6 as you may have found.

I enjoy being the second owner on my vehicles. The depreciation hit the first registered owner takes on a trade is huge, all to my benefit. And the vehicle aesthetic condition on these low mileage, late model CPO vehicles is actually quite clean. Add in a GM warranty extension, from the huge savings, and one is good to go!!!!

PJ
    I'm convinced, I bought a pre-owned 2007 Z06 in 2009 for $30K off MSRP it had 8100 miles on it, and I just bought my wife a pre-owned Jaguar XK convertible that listed for $87K for $43K and it is still under warranty and looks and drives like new.

I'm done buying new.

Tom

My 09' SRX is an Executive Car... The GPS had several routes in its memory from around Detroit.

April, 2009, Car had 7,697miles on it... Sticker showed $52k, I took her home for $34 - or $18k off... ... .. With the Extended - the warranty started when I drove her off of the lot - so I'm covered 7 years from when I picked her up, or 79,697 miles.

I too generally don't buy "Brand New" cars... I just hate being the one to take the depreciation hit. Driving a new car off of the lot costs you $10,000.

Another example, is my Motorcycle - - 08' Goldwing... It was still on the dealership show room January 2010... Never sold, or ridden. I gave them an 05 Yamaha 250 Virago and a beat up 03' Yamaha VStar plus $16K... the bike sticker was $23k... The Unlimited miles - 7 Year extended warranty started the day I picked her up.

I did buy my 05 Mustang GT Convertible brand new. I actually ordered the car special built just for me from the factory. I intended it to be a show car, and I plan on keeping it until it is nothing but a pile of rust and becomes my kids problem after I pass away! That being a given, I was willing to accept the depreciation. and Yes, I do still have it.

now - Back on Task!

Dealership kept my SRX over night - - closer inspection found the roof trim on the passenger side has a broken piece off of the front corner, and the dealership decided it needed replacement as well - had to order the part which is supposed to arrive today.

My Sunroof is up to speed now... although, there is still quite a gap between the glass, and the rubber in the rear, but the dealership assures me that is how they all are.

NOW my Drivers Side Air-vent direction control knob came off! (My Center vents were replaced already for this very same problem!)

SO - - I guess yet another trip to the dealership to get this fixed.

I don't understand, because I rarely move the vent, and when I do, I am pretty gentle with it.

Now I have to decide if I want to run it in straight away, or wait until something else breaks.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've had with your vehicle. Hopefully the sunroof is how it should be and hopefully the directional knob for your air vent is the last thing to break on your vehicle. If any other issues arise please let me know.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Jeff!

I do hope you are right!

So, Drivers Side vent was replaced - and they gave me the broken knob to show it was an entire new vent.

They also replaced the drivers door chrome handle - again - as the chrome started coming off - again... This one is much smoother in the "flange" area, then the prior two.

I complained about the noise - mechanic made some adjustment to some seat-belt tensioner in the rear... so far - no rattle..

The gave me a bare-bones Cadillac STS to drive... man, GM doesn't put much in a base caddy! I don't think Acura makes an base Acura - at least I've never seen one.

So far, My sun roof is performing wonderfully - but I am still concerned about the gap between the window and rear seal - - With such a gap, I almost wonder why GM bothered with putting a seal back there. I'm searching for a rubber strip I can "fill the gap" with myself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.