Bugging me!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Bugging me! in Cadillac SRX / XT5 Forums; I have a White Diamond SRX and although the car stays very clean, the bugs all over the front of ...
    Johnz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Bugging me!

I have a White Diamond SRX and although the car stays very clean, the bugs all over the front of the vehicle are a real pain to clean off. All of my previous cars were a dark color so I never saw all the marks the bugs left. Does anyone out there know of a product that works well and doesn't damage the finish?

Do they make a bra for the SRX?

I don't know how that would look though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Re: Bugging me!

My BlueChip shows all the bugs too---especially the yellow gutted ones!

There are bug remover products out there, but I use non-amoniated window cleaner in a trigger spray bottle. Wet the area for a few minutes, and rub off the bugs with a kitchen sponge (soft) that is wetted with water.

Most bras will rub your paint off over time. Unless you're a D cup or over, keep them slings off your car!

owner2b is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I, too, have a white diamond

I've always used Bug & Tar remover (turtle wax?) and have never had any damage to my paint. For a scrubber, I use a SOFT plastic woven pad that is designed and sold for scrubbing dishes. It is fast & effective. Again, never any paint damage for me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sgilbert
    My BlueChip shows all the bugs too---especially the yellow gutted ones!

There are bug remover products out there, but I use non-amoniated window cleaner in a trigger spray bottle. Wet the area for a few minutes, and rub off the bugs with a kitchen sponge (soft) that is wetted with water.

Most bras will rub your paint off over time. Unless you're a D cup or over, keep them slings off your car!
    I've never liked the looks of bra's either. On cars or people.
    I'll try your method.

67Yv8t is offline Cadillac Owners Member

3M manufactures a plastic film that can cover painted surfaces. It is precut by a number of companies and sold in kits. There is another thread regarding marks on door sills that gives contact details for that product.

vdo
    vdo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

I also have a white diamond ( ), and have the Clearshield brand "clear bra" installed. It's basically a clear film that covers almost all the painted surfaces at the front of the car, 1/3 of the hood, and the side mirrors. I've noticed that it's a little easier to wash the bugs off of the film than the paint. With the SRX being so boxy, it seems like a magnet for dead bugs and rock chips, which is the main reason I got the film installed. I was tired of touching up small rock chips on my previous car. Anyways, I got the film professionally installed for less than $280 at a local tint shop. With all the highway travel I do, feel that it's worth it. And you can't really see that it's there unless you look real close.

I agree with sgilbert about not putting a regular bra on our cars. Crud will get in between the bra and the paint and scratch it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by vdo
    I agree with sgilbert about not putting a regular bra on our cars. Crud will get in between the bra and the paint and scratch it all up.
    I didn't want to put a bra on the car because I have never liked the looks of them. I was just asking about them in case someone has got one that looked decent and maybe had a picture to post.

I will look into that film, I am a little leary about putting it on the hood though. Maybe a little cleaner and a little work every few days is the only option. I still think the White Diamond is a great looking color for that car.

Thanks for the info.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.