Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  xstender 
#1 · (Edited)
I've had probably 6 or 7 SUVs.. Grand Cherokee, (several); Benz ML430; F250 Truck, and I've also owned about a dozen Porsches over the years. In other words I don't consider myself macho or anything. I just enjoy them. (one at a time)

Well, I bought the SRX instead of a Porsche Cayenne, or one of the macho Infinitis; Jeeps; Land Rovers, etc. that can go "anywhere" because I wanted a Luxury type SUV; didn't need towing or off-roading. Wanted good NAV; and I wanted OnStar and the 3 watt voice activated 'cause we drive back and forth from the Cape to Naples and elsewhere. We also wanted a good ride, V6, regular gas, etc... and plenty of space.

I guess the SRX isn't "macho" enough, but man it sure rides nice, hauls like hell; plenty of space, comfort, etc. So I said "screw you guys"

Rant over...day off, it's raining and nothing to do :(

#2 ·
I love mine also! Have had Grand Cherokees, and a Expedition. Wife has an H2 now, and I prefer my SRX over them all!!

Being Jewish, I suppose I ought to be insulted by your "friend's" remark, but I don't get it---so I'll chalk it up to his ignorance! :hmm:

Hell with them all---we all know we drive with a smile on our faces. :bouncy:

#8 ·
Getting ready to order a new SRX, and I have had similar comments from friends.. {Can't believe that a "car-guy" would buy a Caddy etc..} I too have had 5 Porsches, a Ferrari, 3 Grand Cherokees, and 2 LX 470's among many others. The SRX has a style, perfomance, and feature combination that is unavailable anywhere else. Cadillac's renewed quality control is a huge incentive. In 33 years of driving,and about as many cars, this will be my FIRST GM product ever. I Can't wait.

#9 ·
I said I would NEVER buy a GM product until I saw the SRX at a dealership and thought "what the hell" and took it for a ride. I researched Cadillac reliability and seeing it was on the rise I thought I would take a chance and the rest is history. The car is my wifes but I drive it whenever I can and I see people twisting their necks to look at it as I drive by. With the exception of a little squeak when the sunroof is open, it's been trouble free for 4,000 miles and counting. I love the look of the car (White Diamond), the navigation system (even with the lock out) and the DVD ent. system is a must have for the kids. Although I have only used the 3rd row seat a few times I'm glad I have it.

We plan on doing a trip in the fall and it will be about 2,200 miles of driving. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I get the same type of comments (Jokingly) but when they sit in the car, they all love it and probably wish they had one.

#10 ·
My friends have been saying, "You bought a what!?" :hmm:

After 17 years of buying cars every 2-3 years, we finally bought our first GM product. Hell, we bought our first american product (and it's about time).

After they see the car, I let them drive it and smile as I watch the conversion process take place.

F'em all, baby. :want: It ain't your daddy's caddy and it's part of the new American quality/performance generation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.