Anyone have any issues with SRX Factory Alarm?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Anyone have any issues with SRX Factory Alarm? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Ok, Picked up a 2005 SRX and its only got 33k miles but warranty expired 3 weeks ago. In the ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Anyone have any issues with SRX Factory Alarm?

Ok, Picked up a 2005 SRX and its only got 33k miles but warranty expired 3 weeks ago. In the middle of the night the alarm goes off by itself. Sometimes we hear the horn make rapid beeps like 5-6 times and it stops and at other times the full alarm goes off horn honks & flashing lights.

No one is near the vehicle and its in my garage... What a pain in the ass this is becoming with my kids bedrooms above the garage. I have since just not locked the doors so the alarm does not go off but it still happens when we go somewhere and lock the vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

George Ware is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS & 2006 Cadillac STS

Re: Anyone have any issues with SRX Factory Alarm?

I have a 04, so far no issues.

George Ware

Nimrod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX Sport Luxury -06

Yes thats annoying!
    I dont have problems with the horn alarm but with the siren in the cargo compartment. The siren starts to sound now and then, often in the middle of the night.
    The dealer said that this could happen when the car has been standing, not driven, for a long time so that the battery gets low voltage. But im not sure if its true.
    If they cant fix it at the next service i will have them disconnect the siren.

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

Is it possible that the previous owner made an electronic alteration at some point in the past and something is shorting? Does your car have a non-factory remote start, for example?

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by Northern SRX View Post
    Is it possible that the previous owner made an electronic alteration at some point in the past and something is shorting? Does your car have a non-factory remote start, for example?
    Yes, I believe this to be the case. I am going to start taking the panels off the bottom of the dash to start investigating it. I opened the door the other day and went to unlock the doors but accidently hit the unlock button on the door 3 times and the car started... I was like WTF, So anyone can open the door and hit the lock button on the door and they dont need a key.

So yes, I guess they put a car starter in that somehow communicates through the GM LAN bus but it is probably bad or not configured correctly. Should be fun finding it but I am hoping its just in the bottom of the dash somewhere so I can remove it and see if the random alarm alerts stop.

frichickie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Yes! We have a 2008 SRX and the factory alarm goes off once during the night. My neighbors are pleased, I'm sure. The horn honks and the lights flash for a few minutes. I then go out to the car and select the unlock switch on my remote key. The horn honks 3 times and unlocks the car. This happened to my wife a few months ago but we never got to the bottom of it and I took it our Cadillac dealer. Of course they couldn't find anything wrong. A couple of months went by and it started again night before last.

I did have it in the shop for an issue with one of the tire sensors. They re-learned all the tire sensors. The honking started that night. Once at 10PM. The next night at 11PM. Maybe if it happens tonight too at 12, there is a pattern.

Right now, there is no repair and it is terrorizing me and neighbors.

allroadusa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX V8 AWD Sport

Hi,
    I recently got tons of false intrusion detections with alarm going off even in the middle of the night !
    Unplugged the intrusion sensor and nights became silent again (you can also disactivate the sensor each time you leave your vehicle by pressing the "check" button on DIC).
    Intrusion sensor is located on overhead console. Part number is 15774715 and is pretty expensive ! 816€ listed at Paris stealership ! Got it @ buy gm parts worldwide for $400. You might want to leave without replacing it. As an car enthusiast, I hate owning a baby with something that doesn't work as expected. Install of new sensor is plug and play. No more false alarm detection.

Thanks, it's still under warranty so I'll see if they will replace it. Is that on a stock system as well?

allroadusa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX V8 AWD Sport

Yes it is : factory alarm.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

frichickie,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Please let me know if your dealer fixes this issue.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    frichickie,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Please let me know if your dealer fixes this issue.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service
    Hi Elizabeth,

My dealer has been very good to me. I took it in with an Intrusion Detection alarm on the display. They kept the car for a week and half trying to recreate the issue. It did not alarm while they had it but the battery failed and they replaced it. They also changed out all the locks and sensors, hood, doors etc. So far, it has not alarmed.

Thank you,
    Steve

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

frichickie,

I am glad to hear you have not experienced the issue since you have been to the dealership. If it happens again, please let me know.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Se

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Do these issues start after the vehicle has been serviced and the battery was disconnected for a time?

Recessor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX, V8 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    Yes thats annoying!
    I dont have problems with the horn alarm but with the siren in the cargo compartment. The siren starts to sound now and then, often in the middle of the night.
    The dealer said that this could happen when the car has been standing, not driven, for a long time so that the battery gets low voltage. But im not sure if its true.
    If they cant fix it at the next service i will have them disconnect the siren.
    Hello!
    I have the -08 SRX. And I have the same problem you had, with the siren. I've been looking all over for a solution but turned up empty handed. Were you able to find a solution to this problem?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.