Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Remote Start suggestions?

Tags
flash srx
2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  steined 
#1 ·
I searched and found nothing. That means I am lousy at searching or there was nothing posted. :cookoo:

Any suggestions? I just want remote start, but it looks like most solutions replace your keyfob with something else. Anyone have one installed that they would suggest? I may be giving up the SRX to the fiance as we are buying a G8 GT and SHE wants that car since it has remote start. I said I can fix that! :D

Thanks in advance.

#6 ·
My wife went to Zeibart and got me a remote start for Xmas. they installed it on my '06 SRX. It works really well, especially with the single digit temps we have been having here in Pittsburgh. I have not had any problems thus far, except programming the remote to run my car longer than 12 minutes. She got me RS-1300DP/1301DP/1303DP/1304DP, one way remote start system. A DP series II with 2-way data port protocol. My wife didn't know what to get and this is what they recommended for my car.

#8 ·
I ended up with a Clifford unit. They had a hell of a time getting the thing to talk to the SRX on the data bus. It would flash the hids and do all sorts of strange things. It still isn't perfect (locks doors after you start with key, always reverts to driver one on key out instead of key out easy exit) but the distance is simply amazing and it is 2 way so I know if it started or is locked.

#10 ·
The Clifford really works VERY far away. But with the memory customizations, etc controlled by the fob, it tends to be a PITA more than it is useful! I probably won't say that in the middle of the summer coming out to a cold car from the boat though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.