Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, New SRX Gripes in Cadillac SRX / XT5 Forums; My wife's SRX is 2 days old and I have sent a few hours in and round it and have ...
- 07-01-04 11:42 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
New SRX Gripes
My wife's SRX is 2 days old and I have sent a few hours in and round it and have the following observations:
1. Can't get XM because there is a sun roof? Its 2004 GM!
2. Radio drops out when she charges her cell phone via a std 12 adapter worked fine in the Navigator!
3. Why when I set the DSP on it resets to off everytime I change a station?
4. Offer a 3rd seat sun window but find out after you print the catalogs it won't work?
5. The best is last.... I when to the store and when I sat back in the car the Nav screen came on and the radio started playing w/o the key in the ignition, this can't be a feature!
$53K vehicle and it seems to be full of quirks and reading some of these threads I'm not alone....what will I find after 2 weeks, months, years? But hey I only pay the bills around here!
Thanks god I have my BMW!
- 07-02-04 12:59 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
Re: New SRX Gripes
I can't say for sure, but I can speculate that, like most GM headunits, the DSP is tied to the preset, so if you set the preset while the DSP is properly adjusted it will be remembered. This way, the DSP can be set differently for each preset.
Also, my SAAB 9-3 has accessory power pretty much whenever the doors are unlocked.