Wanna Be SRX Buyer: Question on Bump Shift +/-
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Wanna Be SRX Buyer: Question on Bump Shift +/- in Cadillac SRX Forums; As part of my research I have 95% decided to buy a new 05 SRX V8, One problem is the ...
    Tonka 01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wanna Be SRX Buyer: Question on Bump Shift +/-

As part of my research I have 95% decided to buy a new 05 SRX V8, One problem is the GM "Bump Shift" is setup as "push" to up shift and "pull" to down shift. This is exactly the opposite of My M3 SMG. I'm affraid i'll be doing a good imitation of a money shift unless I can reverse the + and - contacts and the stickers on the SRX. Anybody here have the same issue? It seems that Only BMW has the shift diagram backwards compared to the rest of the worlds cars, but I'm used to it now and can't change the BMW.

Any Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Re: Wanna Be SRX Buyer: Question on Bump Shift +/-

I seriously doubt that the +/- can be reversed. Once you use it for a short while, you'll get used to it.

Besides, in all reality, you most likely won't be using it much at all! I DO switch over to "sport mode" often (sliding the shift lever to the right) for the enhanced shock and shift, but rarely use the "bump shift" feature.

beekay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 Ultraview MRC

bummer about BMW. I didn't even think of that. i was lucky my allroads shifts the same way. as Tonka said, its not nearly as smooth as the bmw or audi bump (tiptronic) shifting. Out of habit, i am constantly in tip mode and it doesn't feel as nice as my audi, so i am trying to stop using it (or get better at using the caddy version?). it just doesnt feel any more powerful in the higher RPM's and the downshift isnt that bad (compared to the twin turbo's kicking in and throwing your neck back on a down shift, very annoying and a great us for the tip).
    my 2 cents

bk

Tonka 01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The BMW SMG is actually a full manual 6 speed gearbox with a dry clutch, and paddle shifts as well. It simply has an electro-hydrolic clutch and therefor no clutch pedal. My old Ferrari had the same system. It can be pretty smooth after practice, but the bump shift lever is simply backwards compared to any other brand. We're all creatures of habit when it comes to certain movements.

Are therre any Caddy techs out there think I can reverse the contacts on the SRX?

67Yv8t is offline Cadillac Owners Member

why not reverse the BMW.

You'll be getting rid of that first, and it'd be hilarious to see the next owner try to figure it out.

Don't try this at home.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.