Potential buyer asks about nav in '04 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Potential buyer asks about nav in '04 in Cadillac SRX Forums; You can use the voice activated funtions to find gas stations, a place to eat and hundreds of other things ...
    Johnz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Potential buyer asks about nav in '04

You can use the voice activated funtions to find gas stations, a place to eat and hundreds of other things while in motion.

cbf
    cbf is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnz
    You can use the voice activated funtions to find gas stations, a place to eat and hundreds of other things while in motion.
    But the Denso nav system in the SRX doesn't have voice input. The Pioneer that I'm looking at would however.

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

OOOHHHH Yes it does!

Schwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yea it does. Works pretty good too. I know the 'I'm hungry' works for restraunts...and you can say 'gas' or 'bank'...plus there are CD controls 'track up' 'track down', etc. I would love to know if there is a full listing of the commands somewhere though...anyone know of one? I didn't get my Nav manual from the dealer, but I already told him about it and I just have to go pick one up.

-Schwood

cbf
    cbf is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My apologies. I understand now that the nav system does have voice recognition. I thought it didn't merely because the sales people at three different dealerships didn't know about it .

My only remaining question is: Can you use it to select a new destination or route while driving (see my post on this in a new thread I started). It would be totally, completely, and utterly insane if this wasn't possible, but..

Anyway, I plan to check this out at the dealer tomorrow. I'm going to demand a test, as well as the instruction booklet. The inability to use the Nav while moving was the major sticking point preventing our SRX purchase.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.