Cadillac Owners Forum banner

XM $77 deal still works.

9K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  TTopJohn 
#1 ·
I wanted to renew my XM radio. So I call them up and say "Hello, I would like the $77 one year deal. She says "did you get a letter or Email for this deal?" So naturally I say "Why yes I did" :bsflag: 10 minutes later my XM is working again.

#3 ·
Good to hear the deal is still around. Hopefully this time around I will not actually have to cancel, and re-subscribe to get the 77 deal. I am up in july from the last 77 dollar deal.... It is worth 6.50 per month for me, but not a lot more...

#4 ·
It sounds like you didn't have an active account and the $77 was a lure to get you back but often will be extended if you ask.
I've been paying month to month waiting until their al la cart programing details were available. But wouldn't mind $77/yr.
Any experience of XM's response to the $77 deal with existing customers. My guess is the offer isn't announced to existing customers via email. The XM Radio site doesn't show any info.

#8 ·
I called XM today and got the $77.00 a year deal too. I tried to get the $13.00 credit but couldn't because I already had a credit card on account. My wife had sent in the order form, (before I could get her to wait for me to call them) that came in the mail setting up a "by month" contract. I get my credit card statement the other day and saw I'd been charged for a quarterly rate. I called and asked about the mix up, got my answer, told the rep I wanted the $77.00 deal. No problem. Additionally the initial payment of $43.00 will be pro-rated and my new subscription start date is today. I'm happy so far... (still wish I'd got the 13 buck credit tho... LOL)

#10 ·
Yup. Me too. I thought I was up in July, but it was January. Called this weekend when I got a letter telling me what the new rates were. I said I wanted to cancel if they could not give me a better rate than on the letter because it was not worth it to me. Got tranferred, got the 12 month $77.00 deal again. Time invested less than 10 minutes.

#15 ·
Good to know because my renew comes up in 3 months. One thing I hate about XM is if you ever need customer service you end up speaking to someone who speaks "broken Engrish" as a second language. They can't understand a word you say and after wasting 15-20 minutes they will transfer you to an English speaking American out of frustration. ME >>:thepan:<< XM

#16 ·
This sounds like a sweet deal. I recently picked up a (non-Nav) 05 SRX. It has the Bose speaker system and the 6 disc changer. There's a "shark fin" antenna near the back - not sure if that is the XM antenna or not, but I can't seem to find any way to get the radio to tune XM. Was XM standard in 05, or an option? Was also interested in the USA-Spec iPod kit, but don't know how to tell if my radio is "Wired for XM" or not, other than tearing apart the interior.

#17 ·
All,
Still works but....they push a hard sell to upgrade. I called yesterday for my wife's 07 Tahoe LTZ. I claimed the "dealership" mentioned the $77 deal. Approved! They claim they wont offer it afgain next year but this is now the second time we renewed at a lower rate. I am having XM professionally installed in my "04 N* AWD by Micky Shorr next week. (Christmas present). To add this receiver is an addition $83/yr but I am making it portable for the house.
Regards,
BD

#19 ·
I called XM customer support today and got the $77 annual fee by mentioning the z-winback promotion code. Thanks for the tip. This is good until next February, so I will decide again next year if I want to renew. When I first got the SRX 2 months ago, my son told me not to listen to XM if I didn't plan to keep it because it I will like it. And I do like XM but not enough to pay $12.95 a month or $142.45 for a year.

#20 ·
I seem to recall "a la carte" programming was a condition of the merger. Haven't seen anything info on xmradio's website. Probably be more difficult to get the $77 deal if/when a la carte programming is available. I suspect they're doing all possible to retain customers. Like many, I enjoy a few stations but not to the tune of regular subscription prices.

#21 ·
Sirius/XM is on the ropes with over a billion in debt so, I would think that they will take almost any cash you throw at them. The stock is in the toilet and it looks as if they won't be around much longer unless things change. Pehaps they will somehow qualify for a federal "bailout" or a white knight will step up. BTW, I got the $77 deal also.:D

#25 ·
As a 10 year member over on the Corvette Forum I would tell anyone listening to NEVER EVER give them your CC. I lost count of the billing horror stories with XM continuing to bill a CC even after repeated calls to stop or cancel service.

While I love and have XM service their billing practices are suspect.

A word of caution do not give them access to your CC.

#29 ·
Which XM plan are y'all getting for $77 a year? They've got several, an "XM Everything Plus The Best of SIRIUS(180 channels)" at 16.99/month "XM Everything(170 channels)" at 12.95/month, and at 9.95/month they have "Mostly Music (60 channels)" and "News, Sports + Talk (55 channels)"

I presume it's the "XM Everything" plan that is the $77/ year deal but haven't seen any mention of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.