Got my SRX 3 days ago!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Got my SRX 3 days ago!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Finally made decision between '04 & '05, and went with the '04 as we got a good deal. V6, Cashmere ...
    samidj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Got my SRX 3 days ago!!

Finally made decision between '04 & '05, and went with the '04 as we got a good deal. V6, Cashmere (my favorite after white diamond), luxury pkg, sunroof, 3d row seat and xenon lights (not something I really wanted/needed).

The ride is unbelievable! A true luxury feel! A far cry from my 1997 Volvo 850 GLT wagon. That car had issues from the day I bought it and made me crazy for almost 8 years. Because of this can't see myself every buying another Volvo.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I will have many great years with my new SRX.

I LOVE THE CAR!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Got my SRX 3 days ago!!

Forgot to say THANK YOU to all members of CadillacForums. Your experiences, comments have been invaluable. I am now prepared to be a "Cadillac owner"!

Best forum by far!!

beekay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 Ultraview MRC

Congrats! great color choice (imho). i ended up with the same color and i am very happy with it. 2 weeks and 900 miles still works (fingers crossed). I had the same option to get an 05 or snag an 04. the 04 had some rebates so it made sense, plus I hadnt seen the 05 and didn't know what changed.

good luck
    bk

strindl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by samidj
    and xenon lights (not something I really wanted/needed).

I LOVE THE CAR!!!!!
    You'll love those xenon lights. Not only do they light up the road better then the halogen....they really look cool doing it. :>

MELTEMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Congrats! Good choise!!! Enjoy it!

Well, it's been only 5 days since I got my SRX and already I have 2 small (I hope) problems.

1. My key seems to get stuck in the ignition when I try to turn off the car.
    The car is in Park, happens randomly, maybe once a day.

2. There is an annoying squeek in the front passenger door. Any speed
    over 40 km/hr over a somewhat bumpy road and it starts. When I touch
    the door panel there's alot of give and it squeeks. Also, if rear passenger door is open and you proceed to close the front passenger door first, there is a loud, empty, tin can noise upon closing front door. All other doors are smooth and quiet. What can this be????

I'm not imagining any of this, my husband has experienced the same.

I'm starting to get a little nervous, given that I've only had the car for 5 days.

Have made a service appt for next week and see what Cadillac will do. I'm more concerned about the "Squeeky Door" I had serious squeek issues with my late Volvo wagon that took Volvo 21/2 years to finally fix.

Anyone out there experience any of above? Is it just nothing little things?

My husband always tells me to just turn up the radio!!! I think not!!!!

MELTEMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just my guess!!!! ... the door needs alignment or door seals are worn or out of their possition...not sure though!

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There are already plenty of posts on the door squeaking problem. Please always do a search before posting.

Has anyone had a problem with key getting stuck in the ignition when ready to exit the car??? The only solution has been to restart the car, reverse or drive forward about a foot and then park again. Bringing the car to the dealer next week to check it out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.