Replace taillights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Replace taillights in Cadillac SRX Forums; First of all, this is a great forum! Im currently working on getting my SRX registered in Norway. I`ve brought ...
    JD2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Base 2007 Escalade EXT, 04 Cadillac SRX V8

Replace taillights

First of all, this is a great forum!

Im currently working on getting my SRX registered in Norway. I`ve brought it with me from Colorado. The DMV tells me that I need those amber export-style taillights. Fortunately, I dont need rear foglamps. I was gonna try to do most of the job of replacing the taillights myself. Ill leave the wiring to the dealership.

I guess the hardest part is to remove the inner panels. Anyone done this job before? I could really need some help here! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Autobahn_Burner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX

Re: Replace taillights

See your e-mail inbox for my proposal...

srx2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V6 AWD; 2000 Eldorado ETC

I also need to remove the rear inner panels to access the tail light so I can replace a bulb (side marker). Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, I couldn't loosen the nut that holds the upper seat belt bracket (near roof) - is there a trick to loosening it or it is just very tight?

Thanks for the help.

tobaksankan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2005 Europe

Hi I need to remove the left taillight as well. Seems to be grounding problem since a few leds are malfunctioning, with a faint light some times.

please advise me how to remove it - and if u know - can a single led be replaced (or I have to spend 1200 dollars to get a new taillight?)

tobaksankan, You got to remove all the sidepanels from the rear door and back, seatbelt and some of the rear fan assembly (if you have one) to access taillights. It is a lot of work. search ebay for new taillights and save major $s.
    The bolts for the seatbelt is really tight, btw. Im pretty sure you`re going to need some torx-tools. You got to remove the entire taillamp, individual leds can`t be replaced.

good luck!

I got a used tail light so now Im ready to go. Thx JD!

But it seems really tricky with the seatbelt. Would u recommend I do it myself?

Autobahn - Is there anything more you would add to JD:s instruction?

Best
    Anders

The seatbelts are not that difficult, though really tight. I`d say getting the panels off without damaging them is the hardets part. I you have a warm garage, time, and some torx tools, i would give it a try.

kenmesita is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Was anyone successful in replacing the rear tail light? I have a 2008 5 pass. SRX (no 3rd row seat) with a broken lense. At what point do you start removing the trim and how hard is it? Is there a Manual or Service Guide available?
    Thanks

I succeded in replacing the taillights....I had to remove panels to access screws that hold the entire light in place. You will have to remove/replace the entire light if you have a broken lense.

I ended up letting a technician putting them in... Easy but expensive... The removal of the seatbelts made me hesitate... so I whimped out.

However, I have replaced the licence plate bulbs - which was really easy - and will replace the HID blubs which does not seem so difficult as people say.

(Funny that replacing bulbs on a car should be considered as an achievement - when it should be designed for grandma to fix)

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

While we are on the topic of rear bulb replacements, I have a few "out" on one side for my top rear hatch brake lights. I have been doing unsuccessful searches on this forum for recommended ways to replace these, and with a long(er) lasting replacement of them all.

jsiddall is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX V8 AWD Sport, 06 STS V8, 05 SRX V8 AWD, 97 STS

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    While we are on the topic of rear bulb replacements, I have a few "out" on one side for my top rear hatch brake lights. I have been doing unsuccessful searches on this forum for recommended ways to replace these, and with a long(er) lasting replacement of them all.
    I think all the rear lights are LEDs and are not serviceable. You likely need to replace the whole assembly.

The best I have been able to find for the large filament bulbs (ex: DRL/turn signal) is the "LL" version. Still not great though.

I have replaced one of the 194 type marker bulbs with an LED version. The problem is they say those won't last long when used inside an enclosure with other high power bulbs (like the headlamps). So far so good. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jsiddall View Post
    I think all the rear lights are LEDs and are not serviceable. You likely need to replace the whole assembly.

The best I have been able to find for the large filament bulbs (ex: DRL/turn signal) is the "LL" version. Still not great though.

I have replaced one of the 194 type marker bulbs with an LED version. The problem is they say those won't last long when used inside an enclosure with other high power bulbs (like the headlamps). So far so good. Time will tell.
    Thanks, JS. I failed to check these out when I took delivery on my 07 CPO back in January, and my SIL noticed four consecutive bulbs in a row were out, starting at the far left of the brake light bar on the top of the hatch. Four in a row sounds strangely coincidental like it isn't the bulbs. Think I will give my dealer a call and run it by them......nothing ventured nothing gained.

carguy2006 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Seville & 2 Corvettes 69 & 07

I understand if the car is still in warranty all lights are covered....

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2006 View Post
    I understand if the car is still in warranty all lights are covered....
    It is.....original warranty is in effect, plus my vehicle is CPO with the factory warranty extension. I'll give it a whirl.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.