Busy Ride - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Busy Ride in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hmm, I wouldn't mind having the mirror signals, but it's not a big deal in my book. The passenger-side gas ...
    Wagoneer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Busy Ride

Hmm, I wouldn't mind having the mirror signals, but it's not a big deal in my book. The passenger-side gas cap is a feature, because you can pull closer to the island without having to worry about obstructions while opening the driver's door to fill up. Not having the fuel filler door lock, however, is a big oversight and not European at all. The filler door locks on all Euro cars that I've experienced.

Really, the magic of the SRX is that the ride is still softer and smoother than many European vehicles while still offering enough ride control for good, predictable handling. The only time I've experienced a busy ride in the SRX is when the tires were highly over-inflated.

I have a Deville as a loaner while my SRX is in the shop for the gear whine issue. It reminds me of the '77 Buick I drove in grad school. While a handful of people may have nostalgia for this type of vehicle, for most of us it's gone and good riddance. It represents everything that caused driving enthusiasts to abandon Cadillac for the Europeans in the first place: horrid interior with 1/4" inch gaps between the cheesy plastic panels, terrible driving dynamics, uncomfortable seats designed for an elephant. GM is absolutely right to keep the few positive features (engine, a few gadgets) and leave the rest for dead in its new lineup.

I understand Buick has been left with the task of building cars for those who don't want to move on to the new Cadillac. Or, if you're willing to look at another manufacturer, there's always Lincoln. But I'd like to see Caddy succeed again and to do it they need vehicles like the XLR, SRX, and CTS-V.

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

You mentioned a Deville that emulated the 77 Buick. I'll bet you weren't driving a Deville Touring Sedan (DTS). The DTS is a car that you can drive 1,000 miles in a day and not feel as if you had to carry the bloody thing on your back. I was rear ended on a long causway even though I was doing almost 80 at the time. The idiot creamed me from the right rear and I didn't end up going off the bridge. StabiliTrack came through and even though the car was 18 inches shorter it was a non event.

I am not fighting the change, I just don't appreciate some things like steering wheel mounted cruise control going away after we loyal GMers had to wait years for GM to buy it from Ford. I guess none of the 500 French customers like it.

By the way I drove a CTS-V and it was a blast but I just don't want to do the manual thing all the time. Maybe when they get an automatic that can handle the 400HP and you can buy a Florida car that isn't black or silver???

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mack1a
    I am not fighting the change, I just don't appreciate some things like steering wheel mounted cruise control going away after we loyal GMers had to wait years for GM to buy it from Ford.
    I agree with you on the pathetic cruise control--had the same essential turn signal-mounted control in my old '85 Pontiac 6000! And my cruise control doesn't even work right, but that's another story....

itwonder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I rate the ride of our SRX V6 AWD as pretty soft, with standard 17" wheels and Goodyear RSA tires. In fact, my impression is it rides softer than the one we test drove. Does yours by chance have magnetic ride control? Perhaps there is something wrong.

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by leschwa2
    Am I the only one who feels the SRX has a very busy ride? Everything in the road can be felt in the accelerator pedal and driver's seat. We're talking about a V6 rear wheel drive vehicle. Great dealer has done his best to help, including switching me to 18" wheels and tires from the standard 17". But I still feel the vehicle doesn't have the ride comfort associated with Cadillac. And it's not just mine...I've tested others and they're the same.
    With all due respect, maybe you are oversensitive. I find your comments unfounded.

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

drove 861 miles today. First time I really used the cruise control. When you try to adjust speed the silly thing surges and you end up making multiple attempts before you get the desired speed.

This cruise control really is crude compared to "traditional" Cadillacs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.