Battery problem?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Battery problem? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Happen to me twice in this month. Listen to the radio for about 10 minutes. Try to start the truck ...
    Die4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Battery problem?

Happen to me twice in this month. Listen to the radio for about 10 minutes. Try to start the truck after that. Would not start. It seem like the battery were low. So I had to jumpstart it both time. But right after it start up I noticed both time the battery voltage is 14.2 % ok on the raidio . Do I need a new battery?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

john d is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Battery problem?

happened to me too..in warranty..dealer put through a VAT test several times before failed...replaced under warranty

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

10 minutes to drain the battery is fast and, even if you accidentally had a number of other things on (headlamps, a/c, etc.), that's very fast. After about the 3rd time our battery went dead in similar circumstances (including once while we were in a funeral - and we were one of the lead vehicles in the cortege!), we got the battery swapped under warranty. Hasn't happened since and has been over a year.

Fyreman235 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX n* lx/perf

My oem battery failed inside of two years. I was about to buy an expensive after-market battery when I read on this site that the oem was under warranty. So I took the cheap route and had GM replace it. I hope that this one lasts longer. By the way, the mechanic couldn't make it fail, but the service writer told him to say that it failed. I appreciated that, because the battery died 4-5 times before I brought it in.

sgilbert is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

I'm on my original OEM battery. It's been going strong since I bought it new in April '04.....4 years, 5 months. "Knock on wood"

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I would get a new battery. I had the same problem and replaced my battery (in since Sept '03) in April. It works great now. I didn't buy the stupid 101 (or whatever) sized battery from GM. I bought the Wal-mart brand that was less than half the price and had a 7 year warranty. I think I bought a 75 size battery and it fit fine. But, here is the big news...

I just got back from Sams getting a battery for my Corvette. They have red top Optima batteries for $139, with a $25 mail in rebate!!!

It's really not a big deal to me, but for those of you that haven't priced them, $114 is a pretty good price. I bought one for my vette, and would like to have gotten one for the SRX, but I just got one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.