Navigation disc
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Navigation disc in Cadillac SRX Forums; Ok, I got a card in the mail from GM Nav Disc Center for an updated navigation DVD at 20% ...
    Don73 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Navigation disc

Ok, I got a card in the mail from GM Nav Disc Center for an updated navigation DVD at 20% savings! So I went to the site which required the VIN, and got this result below. Does anyone know the difference between the two, besides the price? And do they work like the originals?

GM Nav Disc Search Results

Yes, a disc update for this vehicle is now available. Click here to purchase the disc update through the GM Nav Disc Center. You can also call to order at 877-NAV-DISC Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. eastern time. If you are eligible to receive a free subscription disc, you will receive a postcard mailing with instructions for how to order your disc update.

Part No. Description Region Cost In Stock 25861392 2008 NA XLR/DEV/SEV North America $199.00 Yes 15923893 SALE! 15923893 DEV/SEV/ELDO North America $59.00 Yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Don73 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Navigation disc

Sorry about the lack of format, but there are two disks offered, one for $199, and the other for $59. Wondering what's the difference....

25861392 2008 NA XLR/DEV/SEV North America $199.00
    15923893 DEV/SEV/ELDO North America $59.00 Yes

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

Typically the $199 disc is the latest. The $59 disc is "last" years version (assuming annual updates) However $199 has been the going price on gmnavdisc for the latest..... unless they raised the price and the 20% discount brought it down to $199. Sometimes you can find the updates on ebay using the p/n to verify the correct version. When I've looked they've been in the $100 range.
    Gmnavdisc is the original. To my knowledge no other nav disc would work.
    I get the freebie for 2 yrs. for the 07. No new features, that I could find with my first update, only some new roads so if you live or travel in an area that doesn't change much many don't update annually and the $59 disc may be adequate.

laserguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade AWD Lux

Quote Originally Posted by n7don_srx View Post
    Typically the $199 disc is the latest. The $59 disc is "last" years version (assuming annual updates) However $199 has been the going price on gmnavdisc for the latest..... unless they raised the price and the 20% discount brought it down to $199. Sometimes you can find the updates on ebay using the p/n to verify the correct version. When I've looked they've been in the $100 range.
    Gmnavdisc is the original. To my knowledge no other nav disc would work.
    I get the freebie for 2 yrs. for the 07. No new features, that I could find with my first update, only some new roads so if you live or travel in an area that doesn't change much many don't update annually and the $59 disc may be adequate.
    What is the version on 15923893 ...it is Ver 6.0 ? or higher ?

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

Quote Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
    What is the version on 15923893 ...it is Ver 6.0 ? or higher ?
    I assume this question is directed to Don73..... however this ebay listing shows it's Version 6.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-04...spagenameZWDVW

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.