driver's seat does not work at all
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, driver's seat does not work at all in Cadillac SRX Forums; doesn't move at all from the forward position after you turn the key off. Now it won't move in ANY ...
    doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

driver's seat does not work at all

doesn't move at all from the forward position after you turn the key off. Now it won't move in ANY direction. Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic???
    HELP, I'm on vacation w/no dealer close by

Any DIY thoughts??
    Thanks
    Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

john d is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: driver's seat does not work at all

My 04 glove box owners manual says there are circuit breakers that reset themselves when troubles source is fixed...also says there's a fuse in the fuse box located under the back seat drivers side. Instructions say to pull carpet away from floor that faces forward and tucks under the seat.
    Have to warn you here that other Forum contributors, including myself, have not been able to find the under seat fuse boxes that are said to be under both sides of the rear seat.
    Other than that, a factory service manual has unbelievable steps using a scan tool to locate numerous problem causes for just the power seat.
    Just another GM ploy (successfully) to generate business for the service department.
    Makes it excruciating for owners like you that have problems and are far away from a dealer, like on a family vacation! !
    My logic says the more costly a car the easier it should be to repair if repairs are ever needed at all. Now, with the SRX it's completely backwards.

manitoumike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I had the same problem with both my seats as well as seat heater elements. Turned out to be a 600$ module under the drivers seat. Thank God for warranty. I did find the 2 fuse blocks under the carpets directly behind the driver and passenger seats. They are a b**tch to get at. Be prepared to swear and keep bandages on hand, for all the blood you want to avoid getting on the carpets. If you look carefully, you will see that the carpet can be peeled back to allow access to the fuse blocks. Look just where the rear seat starts. Perhaps the best thing to do is "live with it" until you can get to a dealer.

john d is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

First let it be known that I'm not in favor of total government regulation of our lives but recognize the general public needs protection from certain threats to their health, safety and financial well being.
    With that caveat I'm suggesting that auto makers, among other manufactures, be required to publish the cost of repairs to their products.
    In this thread it cost $600 to fix what years ago a 85 cent fuse might fix if the design of the seat wasn't made to generate $$ when a repair was needed. Do you believe a computer module is necessary to move a seat different directions? I can accept engine and transmission computer monitoring but a seat.. a cd player.. a sunroof?????
    Manufactures know the time/material costs for repairs as published for their dealers...lets make that a pre-purchase disclosure to the public so comparisons can be made and decisions be made as what to buy or not.
    I ask you ...if you knew beforehand what complications GM designed into the SRX would you still buy?

DANOs-SRX-CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 08 CTS

After GM tech charged me a $99 diagnostic charge, I got a similar quote for a "jerky" seat movement and intermittent seat and steering wheel heat element. I told them to wait and looked up the two parts referenced for a fraction of the cost.

See e-mail below, it was like pulling teeth when I asked for the information that I paid $99 in diagnostic time for them to get! Note: from www.GMPartsGiant.com the seat module was $106 vs. $450 and and the heated seat / steering wheel module is $154 vs. $503 - $344 and $349 - $693 total in dealer mark up before the labor

To: dxxxxxx@msn.com
    Subject:
    Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 14:54:25 +0000

Hi Dan,
    I can not find the trouble codes but the part #'s are #25857034 (seat module) and # 15908070 (Steering wheel heater module)
    Thanks!
    Marti

Sincerely,
    Marti Witzel
    Service Dept
    Luther Hudson Chevrolet Pontiac GMC
    Phone-715-377-4940
    Fax 715-377-4965
    marti.witzel@lutherauto.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.