Stock stereo w/ 6 disc changer to factory NAV???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Stock stereo w/ 6 disc changer to factory NAV??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; How hard and expensive would it be to go from a stock stereo/6 disc changer to this factory NAV? Would ...
    JB007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Stock stereo w/ 6 disc changer to factory NAV???

How hard and expensive would it be to go from a stock stereo/6 disc changer
    to this factory NAV? Would it be better to just put an aftermarket NAV/DVD where the 6 disc changer is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ericsalvas is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Stock stereo w/ 6 disc changer to factory NAV???

i'm actually doin the JOB....i'd say its not plug and play...but once your ok with splicing wires and understanding pinout diagrams...its an ok job...the problem is that the connectors from a stock radio SRX is same as CTS (incl CTS nav)...but if you go with a SRX touch screen nav system...the connectors are totally different....all wires are there...simply different connectors...whjat i did is soldered all wires diredtly on the back of radio(straight to the radio female connectors...)...just finished yesterday...and all functions are WORKING!

i bought a used one from EBAY...no bracket...no bezel...nav display and 6cd for 440$...now i ordered a std GPS antenna(that has the same connector as the SRX nav radio) for 20$....and oredered trough GMPARTSDIRECT the top vent(woodgrain) radio bezel and radio brackets(all for 150$)...so overall i now have a SRX FULLY equipped...for the extra amount of 610$....i'd say its pretty GOOD!

Eric

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

GOOD JOB!
    Big return on a minor investment.

So would my best and easiest option be to get a CTS NAV unit and would that fit properly?

a cts nav unit will fit plug and play...only item missing will be the VSS sensor in brown plug#7...and the GPS antenna(smb connector)...BUT you'll lose the TPMS...as on CTS either not factory..or with the CTS-V...it was trough the speed cluster....thats the main reason i went with the srx nav unit....alot of fitting to do with the connectors...BUT it can be done...as of today...i am almost done with teh mod...only thing left to do is wire the VCIM and Bose amp to radio for voice recogn....REAL happy of the job!

Eric

OK. Sound a little complicated for me and I am looking to get this done in a short amount of time with the least amount of problems. I will probably just go for the aftermarket double-din (Alpine W-505 with Alpine NAV NVE-N872A) and put it where the 6 disc changer is. There are pretty detailed and straight forward instructions on how to do it here - http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...dic/index.html Thanks for your posts though.

branart1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericsalvas View Post
    i'm actually doin the JOB....i'd say its not plug and play...but once your ok with splicing wires and understanding pinout diagrams...its an ok job...the problem is that the connectors from a stock radio SRX is same as CTS (incl CTS nav)...but if you go with a SRX touch screen nav system...the connectors are totally different....all wires are there...simply different connectors...whjat i did is soldered all wires diredtly on the back of radio(straight to the radio female connectors...)...just finished yesterday...and all functions are WORKING!

i bought a used one from EBAY...no bracket...no bezel...nav display and 6cd for 440$...now i ordered a std GPS antenna(that has the same connector as the SRX nav radio) for 20$....and oredered trough GMPARTSDIRECT the top vent(woodgrain) radio bezel and radio brackets(all for 150$)...so overall i now have a SRX FULLY equipped...for the extra amount of 610$....i'd say its pretty GOOD!

Eric
    Hey Eric can you give detailed instructions on how you installed
    your unit. THANKS

jdavis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX4 V8 Sport

If my SRX wasn't equipped with the factory navigation, I would definitely go aftermarket. The graphics on the factory unit are poor and nothing like as good as most aftermarket units. Pioneer has some great units and Crutchfield can provide you with instructions and probably and installation kit as well.

SRX-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Eric:
    Any photos that you can post on your conversion? Also, where were you able to find the wiring diagrams for the radio?

somebody overhere(can't remember...) supplied me the wiring infos...still have them....also...i could send you any pix of oem dvd radio...as my vehicle now looks like any other srx that came equiped with nav radio...

Eric

SRX-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Eric:
    Can you PM me thru the Cadillac Forums with how to get the wiring diagrams and photos from you? Thank you.
    Chris

moogybaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX

Hi there.

New member but long-time Cadillac owner.

I just traded in my '05 SRX for a brand-new '09. It came fully loaded with the exception of the Nav/DVD system.

I scored a used one on eBay and am also looking to make the switch.

Any chance someone could e-mail me the wiring diagrams.

Thanks.

Tom

tamoogan@nyc.rr.com

thekleaner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX V8

Were any details of this upgrade ever posted?

Thanks, Matt

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

cant be that hard to do

SRX Black is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Hello, I did it and I think my way was simpler, I found all the harness needed (from different cars but fit well and do the job just fine) and without having to do any soldering, all the functions work from the Nav screen except the steering wheel but I am looking into that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.