Stock stereo w/ 6 disc changer to factory NAV??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Stock stereo w/ 6 disc changer to factory NAV??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by SRX Black Hello, I did it and I think my way was simpler, I found all the ...
    jscaffidi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Stock stereo w/ 6 disc changer to factory NAV???

Quote Originally Posted by SRX Black View Post
    Hello, I did it and I think my way was simpler, I found all the harness needed (from different cars but fit well and do the job just fine) and without having to do any soldering, all the functions work from the Nav screen except the steering wheel but I am looking into that.
    Any update on this? Did you get the steering wheel controls to function? Please detail what harnesses you acquired to make this job simpler (include part numbers for each harness) and any other relevant information. Thanks.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Hello there
    Sorry to bring this old thread up but any updates ? any guys did that ? I'm looking to do that in the near future.

Jonathan Saffian is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX

If anyone is still reading this thread can someone send me the wiring diagrams I need to do this?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

jonathansaffian@mac.com

kepplerinc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 04

I'm also looking for the wiring diagrams. Can someone post them here or PM them to me. Thanks!

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

I think you don't have PM yet, you need like 10 posts. If you're willing to post your email I can send you PDF files.

Mad A is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CRX

Nice, so this has been done before! I was debating doing this but was not sure if a completely different ECU harness was needed, as is the case in some other cars.

As for going with an aftermarket option, don't you lose some features, or has a workaround been found?

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    I think you don't have PM yet, you need like 10 posts. If you're willing to post your email I can send you PDF files.
    how about posting the PDF here so we all can have it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mad A View Post
    Nice, so this has been done before! I was debating doing this but was not sure if a completely different ECU harness was needed, as is the case in some other cars.

As for going with an aftermarket option, don't you lose some features, or has a workaround been found?
    No so far from what i've gathered it should be plug and play, you only need 2 things: (experts current me if i'm wrong here)
    1-after installing the new headunit you'll need to go to a dealer or hook it up to a tech2 unit and reset the security for the new unit.
    2- you'll need to connect the unit to your VSS (vehicle speed sensor) which can be located behind your instrument panel.

as for the after market yes you'll lose your driver information center and all it's functions.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Wrong

The non nav radio utilized a 2 plug 16 (I think) pin per plug set up while the nav used a single 32 pin plug set up.

You would need to make an adapter harness as well as mounting the nav antenna having a dealer clear the vin in the radio and a nav disc for the nav to work.

This is true for the 04-06 cars

07+ just need a vss wire added to the current plug setup the antenna disc and programming

I'm sure I could fab up a harness for the 04-06 cars to work assuming I can source the plugs...

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004
    I've seen posts where guys have installed new radio in CD changer location and left factory radio for all messaging functions and XM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.