Need Code Diag. 911!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Need Code Diag. 911!!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; what i n the world is diagnosis code UO100? I will tell the weird story later, but what does it ...
    ucyiwork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Need Code Diag. 911!!!

what i n the world is diagnosis code UO100? I will tell the weird story later, but what does it mean on a 04 srx v8 awd? 62000 mi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Re: Need Code Diag. 911!!!

UO100: You owe $100.

Actually, I have no idea, but just HAD do say it!

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Loss of comunications with ECM. Usually a meaningless code.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

OK good then. Long story LONG!

Ok, i'm washing the car today by hand and I guess I had a door open too long and it drained the battery. No problem, I have a jump box. Well that wasn't fully charged, and on top of that the car locked itself the moment the jumpbox was connected to the battery. Some sort of anti theft function. Now keys are locked into the car on top of car being dead. I call roadside assistance for a unlock and jump. They come out and unlock it very easily, but when it is time to jump it, it won't start. The key also wont release from the ignition either. I am pissed and trying to figure it out like the locksmith is. Go to the trusty manual and find the ignition release instructions. There is a little button under the column that you have to unscrew and push in on with a toothpick to release the key. Car finally started and this code shows up. I take it to autozone to check it, and they have never seen it before. Guy thinks it might have something to do with the brakes(thus my frantic plea) and when I get home the left rear "tire shock area" is making a sustained buzzing sound when I got out of the car which further freaked me out cause I thought something had gone wrong with the MRC. It stopped after a minute or two. WTF? The code has since cleared on its own and no more buzzing sound. HElp if anything sounds familiar.

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

The second character is actually a zero and not the letter "O", e.i. U0100.... so if you googled UO100 and got no hits try U0100... but I think your question has been answered.

Stoopalini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 V6 RWD SRX | 2005 Red CTS-V

The technical definition of U0100 is "Lost Comm. With ECM/PCM Module A"

Not sure what the lamen's definition is though

Maybe when the battery went dead, and you tried to jump it with the dead pack, it tripped the code because of the intermittent 12v signal?

Thomas.

Hmmm. Sounds plausible indeed. I had the battery and alt. check since. Both good. The code cleared on it's own though. Thanks for all of the responses.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.