Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg in Cadillac SRX Forums; Two questions & some comments for this group: 1) Do the "SRX system computers" have the ability to activate rear ...
    robhersch is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours

Re: Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg

Two questions & some comments for this group:
    1) Do the "SRX system computers" have the ability to activate rear brakes??
    2) I have also been told that "reprogramming" is irreversible, ie once "reprogrammed" original is not recoverable by dealer; is this true??
    3) Many months ago, this forum had much to say about the "reprogramming"; and my conclusion was: a) the reprogramming was really an attempt to keep positive torque on the AWD differentials to reduce backlash in the diff gears by slowing the "rise time" of WOT; b) side effect was to increase the 0-60 time by seconds as well as to increase the "fall time" of foot off throttle (my analogy is the "vacuum-mechanical dashpot" used to slow off-throttle on mechanical linkage w/ old auto transmissions), thus now requiring more use of brakes in heavy traffic.
    4) My dealer continually wants to reprogram my 2005 N* 320 hp V8 RWD-5 speed auto w/paddle shift; but I resist by not allowing any (sneakey) service that I cannot observe, and I have refused - in writing - to allow any reprogramming unless GM Cad requires me to do so with a formal written notification of impacts to my warranty (so far no notice received). I do not wish to have any "delays in throttle back-off", and typically get service at an independent shop.
    My mileage hangs in ~ 12-14 in town and 19-21 freeway (typically LA to Las Vegas at fwy speeds).
    5) Wife's 1999 DeVille Concours N* 300hp V8 FWD-4 speed auto ~ 14-16 in town and 21 -24 freeway
    6) Always premium fuel; switched brands to get Techron.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg

Just responding to number 2. It is my understanding that the "re-flash" that affects 0-60 times is not reversible. However, other ECM updates are. Transmission shift reporograms are reversible and I think that is what is being described here. In fact, I program and re-program my Escalade ECM with a handheld unit frequently. If I can do it, rest assured the dealer service dept. can do it. Good for you for staying persistent in refusing the re-flash!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.