Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg in Cadillac SRX Forums; Two questions & some comments for this group: 1) Do the "SRX system computers" have the ability to activate rear ...
- 03-21-08 02:27 AM #16Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
- Automobile(s): 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
- Fullerton, CA
Re: Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg
Two questions & some comments for this group:
1) Do the "SRX system computers" have the ability to activate rear brakes??
2) I have also been told that "reprogramming" is irreversible, ie once "reprogrammed" original is not recoverable by dealer; is this true??
3) Many months ago, this forum had much to say about the "reprogramming"; and my conclusion was: a) the reprogramming was really an attempt to keep positive torque on the AWD differentials to reduce backlash in the diff gears by slowing the "rise time" of WOT; b) side effect was to increase the 0-60 time by seconds as well as to increase the "fall time" of foot off throttle (my analogy is the "vacuum-mechanical dashpot" used to slow off-throttle on mechanical linkage w/ old auto transmissions), thus now requiring more use of brakes in heavy traffic.
4) My dealer continually wants to reprogram my 2005 N* 320 hp V8 RWD-5 speed auto w/paddle shift; but I resist by not allowing any (sneakey) service that I cannot observe, and I have refused - in writing - to allow any reprogramming unless GM Cad requires me to do so with a formal written notification of impacts to my warranty (so far no notice received). I do not wish to have any "delays in throttle back-off", and typically get service at an independent shop.
My mileage hangs in ~ 12-14 in town and 19-21 freeway (typically LA to Las Vegas at fwy speeds).
5) Wife's 1999 DeVille Concours N* 300hp V8 FWD-4 speed auto ~ 14-16 in town and 21 -24 freeway
6) Always premium fuel; switched brands to get Techron.
- 03-21-08 09:36 AM #17
Re: Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg
Just responding to number 2. It is my understanding that the "re-flash" that affects 0-60 times is not reversible. However, other ECM updates are. Transmission shift reporograms are reversible and I think that is what is being described here. In fact, I program and re-program my Escalade ECM with a handheld unit frequently. If I can do it, rest assured the dealer service dept. can do it. Good for you for staying persistent in refusing the re-flash!
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- MotorKote - Hyper Lubricant
Hyper Lubricant - Heavy Duty Formula; 32 Fl Oz.More on MotorKote - Hyper Lubricant
- Turtle Wax - Upholstery Cleaner
Upholstery Cleaner - Turtle Wax Performance Plus(TM) Oxy Power Out Upholstery Cleaner. Deep cleans and deodorizes leaving your upholstery feeling fresh! 18 Fluid OunceMore on Turtle Wax - Upholstery Cleaner
- Titan - Extractor Set
Extractor Set - 10 Piece; Reverse Drill & Screw Extractor SetMore on Titan - Extractor Set