Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg in Cadillac SRX / XT5 Forums; Two questions & some comments for this group: 1) Do the "SRX system computers" have the ability to activate rear ...
    robhersch is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours

Re: Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg

Two questions & some comments for this group:
    1) Do the "SRX system computers" have the ability to activate rear brakes??
    2) I have also been told that "reprogramming" is irreversible, ie once "reprogrammed" original is not recoverable by dealer; is this true??
    3) Many months ago, this forum had much to say about the "reprogramming"; and my conclusion was: a) the reprogramming was really an attempt to keep positive torque on the AWD differentials to reduce backlash in the diff gears by slowing the "rise time" of WOT; b) side effect was to increase the 0-60 time by seconds as well as to increase the "fall time" of foot off throttle (my analogy is the "vacuum-mechanical dashpot" used to slow off-throttle on mechanical linkage w/ old auto transmissions), thus now requiring more use of brakes in heavy traffic.
    4) My dealer continually wants to reprogram my 2005 N* 320 hp V8 RWD-5 speed auto w/paddle shift; but I resist by not allowing any (sneakey) service that I cannot observe, and I have refused - in writing - to allow any reprogramming unless GM Cad requires me to do so with a formal written notification of impacts to my warranty (so far no notice received). I do not wish to have any "delays in throttle back-off", and typically get service at an independent shop.
    My mileage hangs in ~ 12-14 in town and 19-21 freeway (typically LA to Las Vegas at fwy speeds).
    5) Wife's 1999 DeVille Concours N* 300hp V8 FWD-4 speed auto ~ 14-16 in town and 21 -24 freeway
    6) Always premium fuel; switched brands to get Techron.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: Gas Milage Went to 6 mpg

Just responding to number 2. It is my understanding that the "re-flash" that affects 0-60 times is not reversible. However, other ECM updates are. Transmission shift reporograms are reversible and I think that is what is being described here. In fact, I program and re-program my Escalade ECM with a handheld unit frequently. If I can do it, rest assured the dealer service dept. can do it. Good for you for staying persistent in refusing the re-flash!

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.