Couple questions for new SRX.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Couple questions for new SRX. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey guys, my sister is getting the SRX for her first car, she is getting an black 06 with 30k ...
    Klei14 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX, 2008 G37 6MT

Couple questions for new SRX.

Hey guys, my sister is getting the SRX for her first car, she is getting an black 06 with 30k miles on it. My grandparents have already had 3 SRX's (03, 06, and 07), so they decided they would get her this as her first car.

I just have a few questions for you guys....

1. Can the Sport bumper from the 07+'s be put onto an 06 without alot of modification?? I like the look of this bumper much more than the old look.

2. Where can I get a good price for the 20'' wheels that come stock with the sports pack?

3. Can OEM navigation be added to the suv? I see them for sale on ebay, has anyone istalled it? I have a G35, and its impossiable to add the factory nav to it, don't know about this car.

4. Does anyone have pics of aftermarket grills on this car, the OEM sport grill, or the mesh ctz-v style grills? I don't know if I like the look of the mesh style on the suv, but pics would be great.

Thanks in advance I will be spending some more time on this forum now, I'm usually on G35driver.com.

-Tom

Also I will have some pics of it tomorow when its picked up from the dealer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mjk
    mjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 srx v6

Re: Couple questions for new SRX.

all of the above questions (maybe except no.2) were extensively discussed on this forum. Just run a search and you'll see an abundance of great info.

PS. I got a G35 as a loaner when they first came out (we have an I30) and I was blown away by the acceleration of this thing!

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mjk View Post
    PS. I got a G35 as a loaner when they first came out (we have an I30) and I was blown away by the acceleration of this thing!
    Welcome.
    Thanks, I will have to do a bit of searching, I was lazy lol.

My G35 is turbo, its a little fast . I will post pics, is there like "other cars" section here?

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

If you sis IS getting, and hasn't GOT it, why don't you search for a vehicle
    with all your requests already on it?

The sport package would take care of questions 1, 2 & 4

find one with sport pkg & NAV, and your good to go.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I agree with GMJim, but realize, to get the sport features, she needs to get an 07+, not an 06. Also, I would love to see a picture of your grandparents 03 SRX! (2004 was the first model year ).

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post
    I agree with GMJim, but realize, to get the sport features, she needs to get an 07+, not an 06. Also, I would love to see a picture of your grandparents 03 SRX! (2004 was the first model year ).
    LOL my bad I thought it was an 03. I'm going to take a pic of the 3 we have when she picks her car up tonight.

Last night I actually found a different one for her, she was looking at an 06 for 22k so I ran a carfax. Turns out they suv had 2wd, the dealer claims its awd, also they said it was a 2yr lease, carfax comes back saying its a rental. I didn't want here to get it, is was just going to be a p.o.s.

I wen't to another dealer, and not she is picking up an 06 black/tan, with every option, and only 19k miles on it. Its a much nicer suv, the other one was just going to be nothing but problems.

I need the call the cadillac dealer they were going to buy the first one from, they had them put in a sunroof for 1,500$, and now they say they won't give the money back for that. They say that we had them install it, so they are keeping the 1,500$. The reason I want the money back is that they sold is the truck saying that it was an awd, and it was a 2yr lease; not that it was 2wd, and a rental. I'm pissed because it looks like the dealer was trying to pull a fast on on my grandparents. Also the dealer that tried to screw them is the same dealer we purchased our other 3 Srx's from! If they still give us a problem, I will dispute it with amex, and I will write a full review fir the dealer, I don't want to say what dealer it was, but if we are still getting hassled I will say the name.

Thanks for the help!

Tom

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Klei14 View Post
    The reason I want the money back is that they sold is the truck saying that it was an awd, and it was a 2yr lease; not that it was 2wd, and a rental. I'm pissed because it looks like the dealer was trying to pull a fast on on my grandparents. Also the dealer that tried to screw them is the same dealer we purchased our other 3 Srx's from! If they still give us a problem, I will dispute it with amex, and I will write a full review fir the dealer, I don't want to say what dealer it was, but if we are still getting hassled I will say the name.

Thanks for the help!

Tom
    Just be aware that carfax are usually wrong with the SRX AWD V 2WD. My carfax, registration and insurance card re: same were also wrong. I ordered mine NEW, and trust me it was AWD.

It is easy to determine in person if it is an AWD or 2WD several ways. Dealer may be wrong, BUT - carfax may be the culprit here.

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post
    Just be aware that carfax are usually wrong with the SRX AWD V 2WD. My carfax, registration and insurance card re: same were also wrong. I ordered mine NEW, and trust me it was AWD.

It is easy to determine in person if it is an AWD or 2WD several ways. Dealer may be wrong, BUT - carfax may be the culprit here.
    Thanks, even if that is true the fact that it was a loaner car scares me. She picked up her srx yesterday, I'm making a thread with pics now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.