Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SRX bumper guard

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  weccjc67 
#1 ·
Looking to get a front and rear bumper guard for an 04 srx but have not been able to find any? let me know if you know where i can find one and if anyone has pics of theirs please post them

Thanks

#6 ·
I was thinking of the crappy stuff GMJIM was referencing in his first post - GM stick on stuff.

Understand, a true push bar or bull bar is usually attached to the frame. In an accident as you described, this can often result in much more damge than without it, as you may have to deal with frame straightening issues. The push bars are not really intended to minimize damage in a crash. Futher, I have heard they can compromise air bag set off efficiency. Lasty, the one I had weighed a ton (maybe 120 pounds - not helpful for gas mileage). I have used mine in the past on my Tahoes for the purpose of pushing vehicles out of the snow. Honestly though, the real reason I got one in the first place was to look tough. They are more form over function.

#8 ·
Thank you. The stick on plastic bumber protectors are on par with the fake chrome stick-on door pillars and stick on fender portholes IMO. Oh geez, hope nobody has those either - otherwise I am in for a lashing. Been down that road before with the fake chrome pillar discussion.

#9 ·
From what i understand the collision was not major, approximately 5-10mph but damaged all the internals, (washer tank, fog light assembly, etc) so was hoping to protect the car from these "incidental" collisions, would hate to pay all this $ just to have some one back into the car while parking.

#13 ·
I you are referring to the bumper/brush/bull guards that you put on SUV's and Pickup trucks then I do not believe that there is anything available, nor should there be. It would be hideous!! These vehicles are Station Wagons, NOT trucks or SUV's. Let's not pretend they are something else.

#14 · (Edited)
I believe you just might change your tune about protection for the front (and rear) fascias on your SRX after living in a major city if you had to park on the street. Folks in the more conjested areas where parking spots are too few and other drivers park using the Helen Keller method to squeeze into tight spots. They usually back into the spot until they "kiss" the frony bumper of one car, then pull forward until they do the same with the car in front of them. The fascias take a beating in these parallel parking situations. It is impossible to keep ones fascias clean and unmarked withoit some sort of protection. Your suggestion that bumper guards look out of place on an SRX has merit.....until you yourself are the victim and your fascias are chewed up and you are facing a $1,000 price tag to get them refinished. Scraped and gauged fascias look worse than bumper guarrds. PJ

#15 ·
I believe you just might change your tune about protection for the front (and rear) fascias on your SRX after living in a major city if you had to park on the street. Folks in the more conjested areas where parking spots are too few park using the Helen Keller method to squeeze into tight spots. They usually back into the spot until they "kiss" the frony bumper of one car, then pull forward until they do the same with the car in front of them. The fascias take a beating in these parallel parking situations. It is impossible to keep ones fascias clean and unmarked withoit some sort of protection. Your suggestion that bumper guards look out of place on an SRX has merit.....until you yourself are the victim and your fascias are chewed up and you are facing a $1,000 price tag to get them refinished. Scraped and gauged fascias look worse than bumper guarrds. PJ
What about those clear bra's? I know they are made for stone chips but they should also do a nice job for the situation you describe.

#18 · (Edited)
You can't escape idiots who have a total disregard for other people's cars. Those are the same ones who have difficulty believing your vehicle is six years old when their car looks worse six days after taking delivery when new. Canadians are the worst!!! :) PJ

----------

......waiting for bombs to start raining down on me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.