Timing chain in 2007 SRX4 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Timing chain in 2007 SRX4 in Cadillac SRX Forums; I also have an 07 srx v6 awd that has been in the shop for 2 weeks now... The dealer ...
    avguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX

Angry Re: Timing chain in 2007 SRX4

I also have an 07 srx v6 awd that has been in the shop for 2 weeks now... The dealer informed me they got another one in a few days after mine also ... Both have this same timeing chain issue... My srx only had 11000 km's on it... What kind of compansation have people been getting from GM for this problem .. My dealer got me a rental (07 trailblazer which has 50k km's and is a piece of junk.. ) The car is only 6 months old but was built in early 07.. They tell me it could be at least a week longer or more before I see it again .. this is totaly unaceptable for what is a $70,000+ car here in Canada.... I have not called customer service yet, but after seeing this thread I will tomorrow... Just wondering what people got for compensation and how they went about it .. Any help would be greatly apreciated..

after reading other posts and seeing how long it took for this repair it seems GM has really dropped the ball... Knowing there is a problem they should have parts available for this fix.. Being a Gm employee who listens everyday to GM preach quality I am ashamed! There is no reason in the world for it to take so long for these parts to become available except that this is a huge problem...If you make a mistake in assembly they slap you hard with disipline such as days off for making a what is usually a human error.... With the possibility of more problems down the road from this defect, I will be dealing this car as soon as it is fixed if i can get anyone to take it ... When people who research future purchases come across these type of issues they will run fast and hard away from these cars.. So much for resale value..... Sorry for the rant but this is very disconcerning as an employee and a customer....

Buick61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Timing chain in 2007 SRX4

I made a thread before I knew this one existed:

I wasn't driving the car, but my fiancee was. A dash light came on and so she called OnStar. They told her it was a Secondary Timing Chain failure and she'd have to take it to the dealer as soon as possible.

So it's there now. Both the dealer and OnStar told her there was a TSB issued for this, but I haven't been able to find the exact bulletin (I checked NHTSA and this site).

Is this a serious issue? I know Timing Chains are a critical. How long should it take to correct?

I didn't expect a timing chain issue from such a new vehicle. I'm a little shocked.

Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Don Henry,

You use the same dealer that I do.
    Frank Kent Cadillac.
    I have always had good service there.
    Never any problems that were not quickly and correctly fixed.

Texas Jim

donhenry@aeiwireless is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    Don Henry,

You use the same dealer that I do.
    Frank Kent Cadillac.
    I have always had good service there.
    Never any problems that were not quickly and correctly fixed.

Texas Jim
    TJ,
    I have always had excellent service and treatment from them.
    They are friendly and fix problems and do recalls in 1/2 days.
    It's just this POS SRX GM product that is falling apart around us. In the first year, it's been back about 2 months total for different defects which get corrected and something else breaks. I could fill up this post with the list. It's going back Monday for oil leaking out of rear end and unknown loud howling noise from rear axle as you drive. Recall done on rear seal last week. Steering gear also replace last week and 2 new 20" rear tires replaced due alignment issues - slick at 22,000.
    Again my issue is with the initial poor quality of this car.
    As I stated before, I bet it doesn't last the 100,000 warranty.
    Of course the resell value of these have tanked.

Buick61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by donhenry@aeiwireless View Post
    TJ,
    As I stated before, I bet it doesn't last the 100,000 warranty.
    Of course the resell value of these have tanked.
    Another reason why I'm happy I leased.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by donhenry@aeiwireless View Post
    It's just this POS SRX GM product
    Nice...........

Why don't you get rid of your POS, and by yourself a perfect Toyota?

trapssrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 srx w/prem lux and sport pack

talk about a tanked resale....i went to trade my 07 srx awd v6 with every option..i mean everyhting and 8000 miles and i am getting quotes of 23-27 grand. thats nice for a car that was 49 grand i know a car loses its vale but 50 percent? mine is leased also but between what i got the car for..43 grand plus the fact that i am payin only 529 a month for 36 months i just cant beleive that thats all i am gettin...my buyout is 36 grand and thats all i want...i have settled with caddy for all my troubles and i received 4 grand from them plus free oil changes and inspections..i stupidly accepted so now i am bound to it.....

mikek84121 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 AWD MRC V8 SRX

It certainly sounds, from this thread, that GM/Cad is trying to intimidate some of its own loyal customers. I'm going through Mediation in a week through the BBB on a buy back also. GM has refused to even negotiate a buy back. Engine (V8) replaced at 400 miles, front timing cover leak on replacement engine at 2700 miles, valve cover leak at 4000 miles and an engine case-half leak at 4800 miles. I've owned or leased 19 new cars since 1968 and 10 of them have been GM's, no Ford or Chrysler products. The last 10 years I buy or lease 2 cars every 2-3 years. Five of the cars (of the 19) have been Corvettes including a 2007 going in one month to be replaced by a '08 Porsche Turbo. GM has now burned a bridge...no disrespect GMJim, but there will be no more GM vehicles purchased by me or my family and it is large one. My SRX now has 5700 miles on it. If I lose at mediation, which does not bind me to accept, I'll pursue a State Lemon Law complaint. Thank god I only have 28 months left on the Lease...and then it's gone. I now understand why GM lost $38B in the last quarter of 2007. Customer service and build quality are no longer in GM's game plan.

Mike

Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I am glad my experience with GM don't mirror some of what I read on this board. I would be so mad.... as some of you are... and rightly so.

I bought a new 1999 Chevy Van. It was still going strong till Nov 2006 when my garage caught on fire and burned my new 2006 Cadillac DTS and the Van.

I had put over 225,000 miles on it with almost ZERO trouble. It still had the original plugs, wires and shocks on it. In fact, except for tires and an alternator at around 150,000 and a battery or two... EVERYTHING on it was still original. One of the most trouble free vehicles I have ever owned.

The 2006 DTS that burned had over 35,000 miles on it. Not counting oil changes... it had been back to the dealer ONE TIME for repairs. The Air Conditioned seat control mudule went out and the back glass was leaking when it rained. It was fixed correctly the first time.

The 2006 van I have now has NEVER been back to the dealer. Now has almost 35,000 miles on it.

The replacement DTS I now have, has 30,000 miles on it. It has been back once for the same AC seat module and once for when one of the parking sensors went out in the front bumper.

I am really sorry to hear of all of your troubles and am just glad it is not me.

Texas Jim

SRX4V8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I ( thought ) I had the same problem and did the mechanic. So they replaced all timing chains,tensioner,head gaskets. The problem still existed. The problem actually ended up being the cam shaft actuators. I got all 4 replaced, the problem was fixed. 2007 SRX4 V8

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SRX4V8 View Post
    I ( thought ) I had the same problem and did the mechanic. So they replaced all timing chains,tensioner,head gaskets. The problem still existed. The problem actually ended up being the cam shaft actuators. I got all 4 replaced, the problem was fixed. 2007 SRX4 V8
    Hello SRX4V8,

I am sorry to hear that your SRX was experiencing this concern with your cam shaft actuators. I am glad to hear that your vehicle’s concern was addressed. Are you experiencing any further concerns with your SRX?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.