2009 Srx - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2009 Srx in Cadillac SRX Forums; There is a blurb on the Saab 9-4X in this month's motor Trend (p.120). There are some comments on the ...
    The Wrench is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX V6

Re: 2009 Srx

There is a blurb on the Saab 9-4X in this month's motor Trend (p.120).
    There are some comments on the BRX in the article.
    Both will share the Premimum Theta platform, an upgrade of the Chevy/Saturn/Pontiac/Suzuki/Opal Theta platform.
    The saab is AWD, so I asume the Caddy will be AWD with maybe a FWD option.
    From the dimensions and pictures of the Saab, the car will be virtually a clone of the current Lexus RX350 in size and general appearance.
    188 inches long (vs 195 for the SRX) and no 3rd seat.

This seems the logical approach, since Lexus commands nearly 90% of the current lux crossover market.

DG

steined is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac SRX V8,AWD,Sport

I'm sure Caddilac will use some good ol' mechanical wizardry to make it handle well. Look at the MDX, it is a FWD based design that handles well thanks to a smart application of an AWD system. The Theta platform is a solid platform that the General never put polish on. Good structure, poor interior, piss-poor engines until as of late. So they have a bad reputation, but it isn't deserved in my opinion. Gm is on a roll, they aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot this early.

smokiejoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX AWD Sport

One of our Managers just got back from a meeting in Ramos. No Vehicles were displayed but we saw pictures of the Outside and inside of the currently built test mules. Awesome. Cadillac is going after the Lexus RX, dimensions are very close. lt was discussed that they want to continue with the hype and success of the 08 CTS. They don't believe anyone will be disappointed. The Saab will be a little lower level trim, but will stress the solidly build construction. Cadillac will have all the looks, and gadgetry.
    Also vehicle was unamed/untagged. Maybe they won't call it the BRX or the Provoq. They will decide later on.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

The BRX is slated for Europe. The CTS Sport Wagon is slated for the US.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    The BRX is slated for Europe. The CTS Sport Wagon is slated for the US.
    I thought GM announced the opposite last year.

cfishkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Sept 1, I'll have 50K miles on my 2005 V6 AWD SRX and will end the lease early. (4 additional payments.) Looked the Outlook, Acadia and Enclave. They are very nice, but kind of the new minivan. Still like the SRX. Have not had one single problem. (Not even the Ultraview.) I'm assuming the timing chain issues are gone. Assuming there will be 2009's, does anyone know the changes yet or have any suggestions ? Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.