Can i put an 05 Navi in my 04
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Can i put an 05 Navi in my 04 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello, First im not concerned with the navigation..just would like the navi cause its looks better!! I got an 04 ...
    BklynSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8AWD

Post Can i put an 05 Navi in my 04

Hello, First im not concerned with the navigation..just would like the navi cause its looks better!! I got an 04 with Bose 6cd indash, can I put the 05 navi in and would the wireing for the radio and cd player be a plug&play hook-up? Thanks !
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: Can i put an 05 Navi in my 04

Just a comment: The only reason I got NAV in my 06 was because of looks too - it just looked "empty" to me without it. I knew I would rarely use the NAV for navigation purposes. I did not get it on my Lade. It still looks empty, but not quite as bad. If I had to do it again, I would have lived without the NAV on my 06. It made some simple radio functions complicated and the fingerprints on the screen annoyed me. The 07+ NAV units seem to be a little better in terms of radio functions - but fingerprints still a problem for finatics, like me.

So, unless you want NAV for the actual navigation, I would think twice about upgrading.

Reason that im not concerned about the nav is i have my own (Garrmen)..Second Complication & Cadillac go hand & hand..(change your headlight or fog bulb)...Mine has everything, everything so i really cant complain just in my eyes the nav screen looks Kool !...Thanks for your responce but i still didnt get my answer>>>> Next up

elcaddyman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey Brooklyn, Let Me Know What You Find Out About Installing That Unit. I Have A Non-nav 05 Srx And Bought The Factory Nav Unit, They Tell Me I Need The Amp To Go With It And Even Then It Will Still Be Difficult For It To Work. Let Me Know If You Make Anything Work.

Hello Back again and still looking for an answer on my QUESTION???????????........ElCaddyman..its on you...you tell me...im holding off till i get more info...I see it as an easy plug&play mission as long as you dont want the nav!??!...Thats my general question on this matter. But because theres some $$$$ involved i want to be sure >>>>...Thanks for looking keep me informed.

ryaus1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

check out this link. it's for the CTS but there are many similarities with the SRX
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...ert/index.html

SHAZAM !!!!!!!!!! if this is not the mother load of all answers on this site !!!!!!! RYAUS1 Caddy Member of the Month. Thanks
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.