Adios SRX Hello Enclave !
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Adios SRX Hello Enclave ! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well, after 4 years and 61,000 miles on my 2004 SRX I am trading her in tomorrow morning for a ...
    DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Adios SRX Hello Enclave !

Well, after 4 years and 61,000 miles on my 2004 SRX I am trading her in tomorrow morning for a White Diamond Enclave with all the trimmings.

I loved the SRX but the new Buick Enclave is not only beautiful it has many more features a faimly of 3 kids and one St Bernard needs ! My kids are 4 years older since we got the SRX and that third row is getting smaller and smaller if you know what I mean.

I still own my '05 STS and as you can see my Cadillac ownership experience has made me a true General Motors fan. I think GM is making the most exciting cars on the market today and in the Enclave class no import comes close in offering what GM has on the market today....

Take care it has been fun talking with you on the SRX link and enjoy your SRX, it is a great one...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: Adios SRX Hello Enclave !

Congrats!
    Good luck, and thanks for staying with GM

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Post a review of the Enclave after you have about 1,000 miles on it. With the likely demise of the SRX, a lot of folks will be looking for a good alternative.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post

I loved the SRX but the new Buick Enclave is not only beautiful it has many more features a faimly of 3 kids and one St Bernard needs ! My kids are 4 years older since we got the SRX and that third row is getting smaller and smaller if you know what I mean.

Take care it has been fun talking with you on the SRX link and enjoy your SRX, it is a great one...

You made a good choice in light of your changing needs IMO. They are very nice vehicles. I like the Buick the best of the three (interior, NOT exterior). It would be my choice before the GMC or Saturn as well.

Also, as Jim said, thanks for buying American and also for staying with GM.

73Thumper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Yes, your reviews would be great - this was my second choice - went with a 07 SRX cause I really wanted a V8. Maybe next time (rumor is 2010 or 2011 Enclaves may have a optional V8 (Enclave Super)

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Congrats--you're not the first to make the SRX to Enclave switch

We're currently shopping for one as well, but as a Suburban replacement. Just incredible vehicles, and the sales numbers (and essential lack of them out there, because of demand) say it all.

DG2

Picked up the Enclave Friday night and thought I would share a few quick notes for all of you:

The SRX is in a different league when it comes to power and handeling. Clearly the SRX is like an Olympic athlete in this area when compared to the Enclave.

That said, the Enclave drives and handels very well for an SUV of its size and the power is just right for the " faimly car". The Enclave's interior is nothing short of " brilliant" ! The fit & finish are perfect and the design should be award winning. The area that just blew me away was how quite the Enclave is. Whatever GM did to make this SUV whisper quite they should apply to Cadillac. The SRX by comparison is a bit noisy. The main reason for us getting the Enclave was the need for more space for our growing faimly. In this area the Enclave scores a 10 and the kids just went crazy over the interior roominess.

TSS

Just spent some time in a loaded to the gills Enclave. What a classy vehicle. I agree with all the statements above. It is stellar inside in terms of niceties, room, and comfort. The only downfall for it (besides no ventilated/cooled seats) is the lack of a refined V-8. In several aspects, I like it better than even my 07 Escalade. Third row is roomier and it is quieter at cruising speed than my 06 SRX was or my 07 Lade. But, again, I would still go for as SRX V8 or a Lade or a Denali simply because of the power . I have been spoiled and expect a rush when I hit the accelerator. The Enclave is no dog, but you always know it is a V6 moving some significant weight under acceleration.

Anyone who does not have acceleration at the top of their priority list will be EXTREMELY happy with it.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

How does the step in height compare with the SRX? What about the height of the seat compared to the ground? Do the middle seats come out?

TSS

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    How does the step in height compare with the SRX? What about the height of the seat compared to the ground? Do the middle seats come out?
    The middle and third row fold flat, but are not removable as far as I know. Step in height SEEMED very similar to the SRX. Seat height SEEMED a little higher. Just estimates on my part though. I have not been in an SRX for about a month.

Nimrod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX Sport Luxury -06

Whatever GM did to make this SUV whisper quite they should apply to Cadillac. The SRX by comparison is a bit noisy.
    We dont have the Enclave in Sweden but if its more quiet inside than the SRX it must be really good.
    Before we bought our SRX we tested every 4WD car modell available in Sweden to get the one that had the lowest noise and rumble inside.
    The highways in Sweden are often a mix of asphalt and small stones to be able to stand the heavy wear out from the wintertires with spikes that almost every car have for five months of the year in the winter.
    And this kind of rough higway makes a very disturbing "rumble" in the car.

And the SRX was the most quiet of them all.
    It even beat the Volvo XC70.
    The Japanese models like Hyundai SantaFe, Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-7 had a terrible sound in the car that I could never accept on a long journey.

DG2

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    We dont have the Enclave in Sweden but if its more quiet inside than the SRX it must be really good.
    Before we bought our SRX we tested every 4WD car modell available in Sweden to get the one that had the lowest noise and rumble inside.
    The highways in Sweden are often a mix of asphalt and small stones to be able to stand the heavy wear out from the wintertires with spikes that almost every car have for five months of the year in the winter.
    And this kind of rough higway makes a very disturbing "rumble" in the car.

And the SRX was the most quiet of them all.
    It even beat the Volvo XC70.
    The Japanese models like Hyundai SantaFe, Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-7 had a terrible sound in the car that I could never accept on a long journey.
    The SRX is a very quite SUV indeed ! GM did in fact out do themselves with the noise insulation in the new Buick Enclave as it is whisper quite. Enjoy your SRX as it is an awesome " one of a kind" car that I hope more of your fellow country men and women will discover.

DG2

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post
    Just spent some time in a loaded to the gills Enclave. What a classy vehicle. I agree with all the statements above. It is stellar inside in terms of niceties, room, and comfort. The only downfall for it (besides no ventilated/cooled seats) is the lack of a refined V-8. In several aspects, I like it better than even my 07 Escalade. Third row is roomier and it is quieter at cruising speed than my 06 SRX was or my 07 Lade. But, again, I would still go for as SRX V8 or a Lade or a Denali simply because of the power . I have been spoiled and expect a rush when I hit the accelerator. The Enclave is no dog, but you always know it is a V6 moving some significant weight under acceleration.

Anyone who does not have acceleration at the top of their priority list will be EXTREMELY happy with it.
    I agree with your comments on the Enclave power. While 275 hp is more then enough power for the average " soccer mom" it is not in SRX V8 or Porsche Cayanne territory. Then again, I do not think GM was targeting that buyer with the Enclave. It is the perfect faimly mover that has the room of a minivan or Escalade and all the luxury of a world class car from any make. What a bullseye !

RANGER 66 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

I hope you enjoy your Enclave. I as of today got rid of my SRX. I went in another direction and got a BMW 545I. I miss the onstar but other than that no regrets yet. I will still drop in here from time to time to say hello.

RLTW

Nimrod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX Sport Luxury -06

The SRX is a very quite SUV indeed ! GM did in fact out do themselves with the noise insulation in the new Buick Enclave as it is whisper quite. Enjoy your SRX as it is an awesome " one of a kind" car that I hope more of your fellow country men and women will discover.
    Thanks!
    So far its been sold 300 SRX in Sweden. But the fun part of it is that when I park at the mall for example people really look at the car and wondering what modell it is. And many people starts to talk with me about the car.
    So in this country the SRX is a real Eyecatcher.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.