Adios SRX Hello Enclave ! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Adios SRX Hello Enclave ! in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have read in several Enclave reviews that they drive curiously like the minivans they replaced. How is the steering ...
    b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Re: Adios SRX Hello Enclave !

I have read in several Enclave reviews that they drive curiously like the minivans they replaced.
    How is the steering response, drive down the road etc.?
    I think that if somebody needed a large SUV then they are the ones.
    If you've ever seen a pic of a SRX next to a Tahoe it is hard to believe how small it is.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

It does drive like a mini van. Competent, but uninspiring. The SRX blows it away in this, and the fun to drive, categories . BTW, my 06SRX was much roomier in the second row seats than my 01 Tahoe it replaced was. The Enclave is ultra roomy in the 2nd and 3rd rows.

Throw the TBSS engine in it for an "Enclave Super", and it would be on my next vehicle short list (for my wife). For myself , I still just like the truck based SUVs - even though they are starting to get outclassed.

b4z

Yeah, the size and width difference of a Tahoe and a SRX is pretty stunning, yet the SRX had the best rear legroom when it came out.

My SRX used to parked next to a Mazda Tribute at the office and the Tribute was the same size but the SRX was much roomier.
    Attached Images

b4z

deleted

ccaats is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX V8 AWD Sport Package w/20" "Thunder"

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    I have read in several Enclave reviews that they drive curiously like the minivans they replaced.
    How is the steering response, drive down the road etc.?
    I think that if somebody needed a large SUV then they are the ones.
    If you've ever seen a pic of a SRX next to a Tahoe it is hard to believe how small it is.
    Ummmm, I would disagree with this statement. We replaced my wife's Pontiac Montana minivan with and her new AWD Enclave isn't even in the same league! The GM minivans had so much weight on the front wheels AND were FWD and had incredible amounts of torque steer. The AWD Enclave feels much more refined and surefooted in it's handling with the intelligent AWD system and stabilitrack. However, I would agree it isn't in the same class as an AWD SRX and that is what I am looking to buy because I have always had sports sedans and need a performance CUV. Wish me luck as I hope to find a dark gray SRX AWD with Sport Package for a decent price.

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

Congrats on the Enclave!

steined is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac SRX V8,AWD,Sport

Congratulations. I tested the Enclave and loved it, but couldn't live with the way the 6 speed transmission was programmed. It seemed to take out ANY amount of fun when I was trying to drive it by constantly grabing a higher gear. I then tested the Yukon Denali and was about to buy it when an SRX caught my eye. I couldn't be happier at the moment. The N* V8 and 6speed is a good trade-off between the Trailblazer SS (lease is up) and the Enclave in my opinion. If the Enclave had more motor, I'd have one in the driveway too! I will say I wish Buick had an option for real wood on the dash and doors like on the SRX.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.