Installed my headrest monitors (PICS working!)) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Installed my headrest monitors (PICS working!)) in Cadillac SRX Forums; hey vdo im looking for a wiring diagram for the bose amp...do you have one or know where i can ...
    93V
    93V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Installed my headrest monitors (PICS)

hey vdo

im looking for a wiring diagram for the bose amp...do you have one or know where i can get one? i figured maybe you might have messed around with it...

-chris

macsmom is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Incrediable Job!

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

That is a fantastic and better than "factory" installation job. I have a 2004 SRX V-8 AWD with the similar setup and feel comfortable doing this installation with regard to the wiring, but the " cutting surgery" on the leather headrests "scares the hell" out of me"I If I was to UPS you my two SRX headrests and the LCD monitors with return paid postage, would you consider performing the monitor installation "surgery" for a fair fee? You can contact me at pietro@comcast.net

I would love to have this set-up in my SRX and would be willing to fairly compensate you for your time and expense. Just let me know what you think is fair and if you would consider this request.

best regards - Pete

Wagoneer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I saw an aftermarket system installed at the dealer with similar headrest-mounted displays. I was really impressed how clean the installation was; it seemed stock. Unfortunately, the tech who was testing the system at the time couldn't tell me how much the dealer was charging for it.

Doug C. is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: Installed my headrest monitors (PICS)

have a simple question. How did you get the same image on all 4 screens, I understand the back three but how did you get it on the front screen?

vdo
    vdo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Doug C.
    have a simple question. How did you get the same image on all 4 screens, I understand the back three but how did you get it on the front screen?
    The DVD is playing on the front DVD player. The RSE (the 3 rear screens) has the option to show what's on the front DVD player.

Lem
    Lem is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Inspired by your article: Today i started to perform the same operation on my 04 ESV. I sent my nav unit out for modification so it will accept a rca video input. All is going well other than i am not sure which wires i should tap into on the factory panasonic unit to create a rca output. is it the blue and black ones wraped in the isolated shield?

vdo

Quote Originally Posted by Lem
    Inspired by your article: Today i started to perform the same operation on my 04 ESV. I sent my nav unit out for modification so it will accept a rca video input. All is going well other than i am not sure which wires i should tap into on the factory panasonic unit to create a rca output. is it the blue and black ones wraped in the isolated shield?
    I'm not familiar with what system your ESV has, but in my case, the red and white wires are the ones tapped for the rca output from the Panasonic DVD player.

Do you have any more info about what modifications are needed for your nav screen to accept an rca input? I'm thinking about doing the same with mine to add inputs for a rear view camera.

Lem

I sent my monitor out to a place called mobilevideo4less.com on tuesday. I expect it back on monday. i will post a review as soon as i recieve it. they were not the cheepest place out there but the people i talked with seemed very knowledgeable. by the time i purchased the converter, installation and shipping its up to around $850. I fond simular units for about $475 but i didnt feel comfortable dealing with them. Im sure i over paid but hopefully it will be worht it. the SRX conversion should be alot cheeper being you can already play a dvd on the nav screen. I think they make a plug and play version for the SRX.

How did you test for the composit video signal? Im not very good with electronics, and am affraid of crossing two possitive signals and frying my unit.

I am also debating on which monitors to go with. The miron and davis ones seem sweet but expensive. does any on know where to get a good price on these? or any other monitor suggestions.

johncole is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anybody have a part or model number for the Panasonic DVD player in the Escalade ESV or even the version VDO worked with in this thread?

I'm thinking I can get in touch with Panasonic and attempt to get the wiring scheme. Also, for the ESV I imagine the Panasonic DVD player has an aux video output embedded in the wiring harness as how else would they be able to run another LCD drop down in the Platinum version ? I have not been able to take apart my RSE yet to try and get a model number, but am willing to do the research on this..

Lem

The model number for the 04 ESV is a panasonic CN-SG0366ZC.
    I called panasonic and they told me they didnt have any info on this model because it is a factory unit. Good luck. keep me informed.

vdo

The rear Panasonic DVD player in the SRX is model# CN-SG8461ZC. I tried calling Panasonic to get wiring schematics when I started the project and got the same answer as Lem. I even tried contacting a Panasonic service center and they had no record of that part#. I pretty much had to probe the wiring harness and find the wires by trial and error.

johncole is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I wanted to share this information as I just came across it last night - its for the SRX -- still working on the escalade information. Here are the pinouts for the 12way and 8way DVD Player and Video Assembly. After looking at this further I noticed you tapped into the 16pin plug which I don't have information on at the moment. This other PiN information might come in handy though.

DVD Player and Video Display Assembly C1 (U42)

Connector Part Information • 175965-2
    • 12-Way F Amp 040 Mark II Series (BK)
    Pin Wire Color Circuit No. Function
    1 TN/WH 367 Remote Radio Left Audio Signal
    2 BN/WH 368 Remote Radio Right Audio Signal
    3 BARE SHIELD Drain Wire - Auxiliary Video Ground (U2V/U2X/U2Y)
    4 -- -- Not Used
    5 PU 1807 Class 2 Serial Data (Primary)
    6 -- -- Not Used
    7 D-GN/WH 372 Remote Radio Audio Common
    8 -- -- Not Used
    9 PU COAX Coax 4 - Auxiliary Video (+) (U2V/U2X/U2Y)
    10 RD/WH 2240 Battery Positive Voltage
    11 -- -- Not Used
    12 BK 850 Ground

DVD Player and Video Display Assembly C2 (U42)

Connector Part Information • 175964-2
    • 8-Way F Amp 040 Mark II Series (BK)
    Pin Wire Color Circuit No. Function
    1 L-BU 5312 RSA Left Audio Signal (U2V/U2X/U2Y)
    2 L-GN 5313 RSA Right Audio Signal (U2V/U2X/U2Y)
    3 BK SHIELD Drain Wire - Antenna Navigation Screen (U2X/U2Y)
    4 GY/BK 5339 TV Audio Common Signal (U2X/U2Y)
    5 BN 5314 RSA Audio Common Signal (U2V/U2X/U2Y)
    6 PU COAX TV Video (+) (U2X/U2Y)
    7 L-GN/WH 5337 TV Left Audio Signal (U2X/U2Y)
    8 L-BU/WH 5338 TV Right Audio Signal (U2X/U2Y)

vdo

Quote Originally Posted by johncole
    I wanted to share this information as I just came across it last night - its for the SRX -- still working on the escalade information. Here are the pinouts for the 12way and 8way DVD Player and Video Assembly. VDO I'm curious to know how this maps to what you tapped into.
    Thanks for the info. The connectors you listed are coming from the main nav/radio unit (black). As you can see from the pic below, I tapped into the 16-pin connector from the DVD player going to the screen (white).

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Wow. I don't know why I didn't post before. Great job, excellent explanations.
    Congratulations, VDO.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.