It got crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, It got crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; I had to take the wifes SRX in for it's first service at 7:30 AM this morning. Then I got ...
    DVC-Don is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD - 2006 Hummer H3

Exclamation It got crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to take the wifes SRX in for it's first service at 7:30 AM this morning. Then I got to my office at 10 and right after I walked in, someone hit the parked SRX. Been on the phone the rest of the morning fighting with the ladies insurance company (GEICO) about repairs. Now I'm off to the body shop for them to look at it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: It got crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch.
    How bad did it get hit?

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Sorry to hear that. i always park away from other cars. Hard to do in a parking garage or if you have an assigned space.

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by b4z
    if you have an assigned space.
    that is where i am stuck i have a moran next to me who opened his door and hit mine on friday i went nuts on him and said that he should have his spot revoked. I whipped out my phone and took pictures right away. I rushed home and buffed everything out then i called him and said look everything buffed out its perfect again watch what you are doing and everything will be fine.

Good luck getting the SRX fixed!!! Hope everything works out

gman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

OH. Man that stinks. I know what you are going through. Mine got hit on March 9th. Repair parts were very tough to get, and the adjuster had a tough time working up the estimate. But when I got it back 6 weeks later, it was as good as new.

Go to the best body shop you can find and it will come out fine.

Good luck.

Just got back from the body shop. $930+. Have to replace the upper front bumper cover and do a bunch of painting. When depends on getting that cover in.

Wasn't parked near anyone. :rolleyes2

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

My wife's car gets hammered in her parking garage about once a quarter. I don't know how many times I've buffed door dings and minor scratches on the Volvo.

Last week I was hand-washing her Z3 and found a 4" gash in the rear bumper on the right side. I haven't told her about it yet.

Usually it's kids getting out of the back of SUV's. They pull the latch and kick the door open with their feet and just LET IT FLY! Once I was getting into my car when a kid did that in the truck beside me. The door hit me in the back, and without even looking I shoved back and slammed it shut on him. Then I lectured his mother about being more careful. She looked at me like I was in the wrong.

I'm sure he at least looked before kicking the door open the next time.

riff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yikes. Don, are you saying that the car was parked away from other vehicles and someone actually drove into it? That's pretty extreme even with all of the bad drivers populating the roads. Hey, maybe they were watching a DVD with the use of a code? Ok, bad joke.

I hope things work out with GEICO and they cover the damages as they obviously should. I just hope your wife is more understanding than my girlfriend would have been.

The good news: The shop called and the bumper cover will be there Monday (5/3) and we can bring the SRX in Tuesday.

The bad news: The shop has been in touch with GEICO and GEICO is disputing the damage amount. Haven't seen it yet, but .... . The shop told them they can see it Tuesday.

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis
    My wife's car gets hammered in her parking garage about once a quarter. I don't know how many times I've buffed door dings and minor scratches on the Volvo.

Last week I was hand-washing her Z3 and found a 4" gash in the rear bumper on the right side. I haven't told her about it yet.

Usually it's kids getting out of the back of SUV's. They pull the latch and kick the door open with their feet and just LET IT FLY! Once I was getting into my car when a kid did that in the truck beside me. The door hit me in the back, and without even looking I shoved back and slammed it shut on him. Then I lectured his mother about being more careful. She looked at me like I was in the wrong.

I'm sure he at least looked before kicking the door open the next time.
    I assume you are referring to kids exiting out of the rear passenger doors and not the rear liftgate, right? We sold our minivan after buying the SRX, and on the second day home, our kids did exactly what you described and dinged my BMW in the garage. Don't blame the younger kids though--they are not strong enough or coordinated enough to unlatch the door, push it open and keep the momentum from swinging it out. This is one huge advantage that minivans have--their sliding doors! From the "family hauler" perspective, the SRX is a definite step down from the minivan. Man, do we miss it!

Oh, and Don, sorry about your truck!

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Jeeez Don, that's terrible. I would be devistated.

Now, go out and get a nice dog house, 'cause you'll be livin' in one for awhile.

Rubberdee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 escalade

Sorry to read this , makes you wonder if some people are smarter than the vehicle they drive, it could of been you getting out or wakiing in the path of this idiot.,,,, .. Insurance covers our pocket book:coolgleam but not your life. ..Good luck.......

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I always hate to hear about people's cars getting banged up.
    My blod pressure drops when I hear that it is a replaceable item, like a bumper cover or front fender or hood.
    Those items can be replaced and if properly painted off the vehicle nobdoy would ever know that there was damage. Especially if the painter is an artist.

Rear quarters are another matter.

vdo
    vdo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Sorry to hear about your mishap man. It's cool that you caught the person that did it tho. Sounds like the timing was just right or else it coulda been a hit and run.

Good luck with gettin it repaired.

My wife and I work together. She took this a lot better than I did.:rolleyes2 Usually it's me saying "It's only a machine". The young woman who hit it came in to tell us and was very upset and scared we were going to burn her alive or something like that. We work in insurance and the shop that is going to do the work is the best in the area.

It was fun at the body shop, sort of. The owner, estimator, parts guys, office staff all came out to look at the SRX. I spent most of the time acting like a Caddilac salesman, showing the Ultraroof and so on.:rolleyes2 People kept poking their heads in the estimators office to ask about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.