Aftermarket XM Radio installation success.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Aftermarket XM Radio installation success. in Cadillac SRX Forums; My SRX has the ultraview roof option and I was disappointed that the factory installed XM radio was not available ...
    drgallo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Aftermarket XM Radio installation success.

My SRX has the ultraview roof option and I was disappointed that the factory installed XM radio was not available as an option because of the sunroof when I ordered the car.

I investigated aftermarket XM installation options, and last weekend I had an XM Commander installed by a local Auto stereo dealer (Stereo Station, Route 46, Lodi, NJ). The job was quick, looks very professional and the XM quality is teriffic.

The antenna is a magenetic mounted "dot" mounted to the roof, right above the tailgate. It is black, and looks better than the factory mounted XM radio antenna on the SRX. The head unit LCD readout looks great at night and is easy to read in the daytime too. It is mounted on a slight angle just in front of the shift lever on the front console. I'll send some pictures, but the car in "in shop" this weekend while Cadillac attempts to find the source of a water leak in the front driver floor, under the floor mat. (Yes, the leak was there BEFORE the XM was installed.)

Installation of the XM unit went very well. The installer removed the temperature control unit beneath the radio, and found all of the wires that he needed right there WITHOUT having to remove the radio itself.

Take the plunge if you'd like your XM and sunroof too.

(I was told by my dealer that the reason that there is no XM option available when you order the Ultraview roof is that Cadillac has no place to put the antenna. If you look at my installation you'll see that this is a pretty lame excuse.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pagpc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Aftermarket XM Radio installation success.

my srx on order will have both the xm and sun roof. i guess they have now figured it out.

pagpc

doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had the XM Commander installed as well. There was no Aux. Input (I have the 6 cd changer) installer said only way was to install with FM sound and FM radio station at 87.9.. Since I don't know bupkus about electronics I told him that was ok. (It works fine).

I understand that late April builds have the satellite radio option even with the ultra-view (which is fantastcic, BTW.) Only problem was there is no Irish music station!

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

I have two XM aftermarket units of my own, and gave one to my father for Xmas and installed it myself in his Envoy. He's VERY happy with it.

compfan03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Would love to see some pics of aftermarket satellite radio installed in SRX with nav system, if at all possible. Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.