Tow package pics - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Tow package pics in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by ggeimer I don't have the 3rd row seat and cann't find the RPO sticker in or around ...
    robhersch is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours

Re: Tow package pics

Quote Originally Posted by ggeimer View Post
    I don't have the 3rd row seat and cann't find the RPO sticker in or around the jack compartment cover.
    Does anyone know where the RPO sticker is on a 5 passenger 05?.
    FYI - My RPO sticker on my 2005 SRX w/o third row seat is mounted on the inside of the small side-wall-storage compartment that is located just below the right fixed window and about 8 inches inside of the rear deck opening.
    Good luck.

ggeimer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks,

I found my RPO code sticker on the cover to the rear storage compartment on the passenger side window. Now I can look up the options that were included with the car.

I know that I don't have the air leveling system since I didn't need to install a spacer under the non-existent air pump when installing the hitch. I do have the system on my 03 Venture which complicated adding the hitch to that vehicle. I was fortunate that I installed the hitch as I discovered the leveling system had a deteriorated air hose that was about to fail. The line disintegrated in less than 5 years. It also made a relatively clean job very dirty. Both vehicles look spotless underneath and my hands were grease and dirt free until I touched the air hose. After that It looked like I replaced a head gasket.

Unfortunately I don't have the V92 option either. I will look up the other codes to see what I do have. I don't need the extra cooling since I don't plan on towing anything more that a cargo box or my son's tandem tricycle weighing 400 including trailer.

It would be nice to know that I could tow more if I needed to.

I looked at the bolts I describe in my first post. They are really tight and locked together. It surprises me that I was able to bolt it all together.

mjk
    mjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 srx v6

Etrailer has a bracket (8140) that will hold the OEM harness in the protective holder. The bolt pattern for the molded holder lines up with a diagonal to the two patterns supported by the no drill braket. I angled the holder to compensate for the off angle of the hitch (the harness is closer to square to the vehicle pointing back tward the trailer.) I was able to mount the bracke without covering the "e" in Draw-tite. I bought a full bracket kit from Etrailer, but I didn't need the stamped metal four pole holder since GM has a much nicer molded plastic holder. I have the bracket mounted on top of the hitch tube with the molded holder supported under the bracket. It is as close to OEM look that I could achieve. It is obvious that the holder is mounted diagonly with the extra holes in the bracket visible, but it looks much better than the stamped steel holder from Etrailer.
    can you post pics of that bracket?

Yes, I will post pictures. I will try to do this tonight. The bracket would look better if I had assembled it correctly the first time. I have some marks left by the screws when I tried having the bracket suspend the harness from the bottom. It looks so much better from the top. I should hit the bracket with some black touch up paint.

I will post the pictures of the nuts and bolts. It has an M.C. Escher look of design.

Sorry about the delay, I don't check the forums very often.

Like an other user I bought my SRX from a Dealer who listed the car as RWD, when I ran the RPO code MX7, I found out that I got an AWD model. I just saved about $1400 on blue book and lost 1 mpg.

here are the pictures. I have a couple of pictures of the stamped metal brackets from my Venture. The Venture bracket looks good, but is flimsy.

I have a blurry picture of the Hitch bolt and bumper bolt as well as a work drawing.
    Attached Images

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

I have installed the Draw-Tite class III hitch (75174) form Etrailer.com and added the factory wire harness (12499575) from GMPartsDirect.COM.
    Do you know the difference between Draw-Tite and the cheaper Hidden Hitch? The pictures shown on Etrailer look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by n7don_srx View Post
    Do you know the difference between Draw-Tite and the cheaper Hidden Hitch? The pictures shown on Etrailer look the same.
    I don't know the difference. If I recall my research I found the same instructions, or similar for both hitches. Also the Hidden Hitch claimed class III/IV where the Draw-Tite is Class III. Both look the same after install. I have seen some posts here on the Hidden Hitch and the comment was it doesn't look too hidden. The angle of the photographs are take with the camera low to the ground to actually show the hitch details. When you walk up to the car and look down at the hitch the hitch looks less prominent. Tailgating the car, the hitch looks pretty much like the photos and is not concealed. The hitch is about as high as can be placed without altering the bumper, and about flush with the spare tire. I need a 3/4" rise to get my trailer level.

I have not received a cargo carrier yet, and anticipate a receiver rise adapter of 4 to 6" will be needed to keep from scraping on exiting my driveway. I ordered the 6" for my venture where I already dragged the hitch ball on the street with no drop or rise to the ball. I believe I have 13" on the SRX and only 9" clearance on the Venture hitch receiver to ground.

I found cheaper Draw-Tite locations, but after shipping they weren't cheaper.
    I chose draw-tite thinking that price equaled quality. I am pleased, but I don't know what I missed with Hidden Hitch.

Contrary to other postings the Draw-Tite I received had neatly placed stickers both on the brand name and the trailer load rating. The one negative is the packaging. A good attempt at packaging was done by eTrailer, but the hitch flange did poke out the box in shipping.

mjk

I don't think there's any difference between the two, maybe only that the Hidden Hitch has only one hole for the pin/receiver.
    Attached Images

mjk

Quote Originally Posted by n7don_srx View Post
    Out of curiosity I removed the splash cover to see what was really there in the way of a transmission cooler. From the photo, the cooler that's visible from the top and behind the grill is for the power steering. The transmission cooler is sandwitched between the AC evaporator and radiator. It appears to be approx. 5" x 22". The trailering option (V92) indicates a heavy duty transmission cooler so I don't know if the "standard" unit is smaller or what!
    sorry for bringing the old post to life. While putting on the mesh grill I took a couple of pictures of the radiator, AC evap area to compare with the one of a transmission cooler posted before. As I don't have the trailering package (option V92) I wanted to once and for all determine that my V6 cannot tow more than 1000#. Well, as you can see on the attached pic there is a tranny cooler that looks very similar to the previous picture. I measured it and it's about 4"x22". I don't have the third fan (just 2 electric ones), but somebody posted that they have the V92 option and no third fan.
    I'm wondering what may be the differance between my trans cooler and the one of V92 equipped car???
    GMJim, do you know of different part numbers for trans coolers, or maybe on some 04 built models there's other things that constitute trailering package???

Anyway, just thought I share this with others that may be interested in the subject.

Regards.
    Attached Images

tmiles2246 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'd like to wire electric brakes into my 04 SRX and am looking for the brake power wire for the controller. Any idea where I might find this at? Possibly behind the brake pedal?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.