SRX Trailer Hitch - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Trailer Hitch in Cadillac SRX Forums; Search is your friend... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ort-facia.html Eric...
    steined is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac SRX V8,AWD,Sport

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Thanks Eric,

and that looks pretty good actually.

steined is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac SRX V8,AWD,Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Thanks Eric,

and that looks pretty good actually.
    Thanks. You almost never see it unless you are coming at it from behind from far away or the ball is in it! I figure it is plenty strong as GM lawyers are probably pretty picky and it is rated 3,500 lbs...

xanders8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hi all, I'm new to this forum: I recently sold my 2008 CTS (best car I've ever owned) because I need a 3rd row vehicle. I've been looking at getting a 2004-2006 V8 SRX AWD because I also want the ability to tow.

My question is really for JoeCaddy: where did you get the information regarding the tow ratings for the V6 vs. the V8? I was told by my local dealer that I'd have to get the V8 to be able to tow more than 1,000 lbs. If all I need is the heavy-duty cooler to get a V6 to tow up to 3,500 lbs. then that will dramatically increase the availability of SRX's I can choose from (including moving up to an '07).

I'd just like to see some independent verification of the tow abilities of the V6 vs. the V8 so that I can make the most informed decision possible. Also, as a question to all the V6 owners: how has towing of ~2,000 lbs. loads been with the V6? My towing will be mostly flat, and no steep grades so I may not need the extra "grunt" of the V8.

Thanks to all!

cutterman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Premium Edition

My 2009 manual states <2000lb (total trailer wt) unless V92 towing package (max 4250lb)

GGB
    GGB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX4 Sport V6

Hi, I am new to this forum as well. Just want to confirmt that my manual states as well <2000lb (total trailer wt) unless V92 towing package (max 4250lb). I have a fair bit of experience in towing everything from cargo trailers with motorcycles to tractor trailers, but mostly RV trailers. I can help with most towing questions if people have them. Just so everyone knows the GM original equip. hitch is not built by GM actualy Draw-tite does, they do most of the GM hitches.

Here is what I have been towing most recently, but the wife does not liking me using her Malibu so I bought the SRX for myself . Sold trailer and a new bigger trailer is coming.

Don't forget the Malibu is only rated to tow 1000 lbs. from GM. I added a trans cooler and a trans temp. gauge and have towed that trailer (2380 lbs loaded) with it for 8000 mi without any problem so the SRX rated at 3500 lbs. should tow anything mentioned here so far without a problem.

So far I love my SRX, especially the AWD in the recent snow that we had here in Canuckistan. Any one know of any aftermarket steel wheels that will fit the SRX for some snows that I want to put on.

Don Arguelles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

new to this forum
    wondering if anyone had experience on bicycle racks for a 2008 srx?
    thanks
    Don

My dealership wants $580 to get and install the hitch stuff! Seems kind of high to me? I've never paid to have a hitch installed. All my cars up to this one came with a hitch already.

Is that price accurate and fair? It is a lot of money just to hang bicycles (Why I need it!)

Figures Cadillac would not include the most important part in their "Trailer Package". My Audi Allroad Trailer Package included the hitch!

Southbank is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

My dealership wants $550.00.

When I had a factory hitch put on my Town & Country it included a bumper trim mod to make the hitch fit properly.

I have an 08 SRX.. does the GM hitch include anything like that?

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

If it is for only transporting bicycles, how about those automotive roof racks for bicycles? You already have the railings. Not pretty but for the amount of times you will need it.......Maybe you can string some red, white, and blue streamers off the bicycles to detract from the appearance and get some thumbs up in the process.

PJ.. for now, I just hire some neighborhood kids to sit on the bikes and hang onto the door handles while I go down the road!

from Southbanks statement - I take it that $550 is pretty "normal" a cost for a hitch installed then.

GGB
    GGB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX4 Sport V6

I know you posted a while ago but that is a normal price from the dealer. If you go to e-trailer and order on line they are just over $300 plus shipping. I got mine for just under $390 (canadian $) including shipping as they were on sale when I got mine [Draw Tite brand with a 2" sq. receiver].

I would never buy from the dealer as they are way overpriced on stuff like that. As I said before GM does not make their own hitches it is all contracted out so there will be a mark up of course.

bob3045 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX V6 RWD

Re: SRX Trailer brake controller to brake switch.

Can you tell me what the correct wire color to use for the brake controller on a SRX 2007, Controller is Tekonsha Primus IQ. We have all other wiring done but with 8 wires off of the brake switch and no wiring diagram, need help.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

With the load levelling suspension, how level does the rear of the SRX sit when towing? Has anyone towed over 4,000 pounds?

I've got an 07 N* AWD with the towing package but no hitch......and we recently went camping with family and friends (I was not towing anything). It was the first time for the wife doing this; and I suspect from her post-game synopsis that sleeping on the ground in a tent exposed to any bugs or wildlife is no longer in her, and hence my future if we are to go camping again.

Re the waterproof fiberglass rooftop carriers, I see one of those in our future as well since we ran out of room to haul stuff.....and of cousrse, I have no cross rails either.

IsaacFDodson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My dealership referred me to a trailers supply company (I already had the GM Parts Direct hitch kit for $285.00). They quoted to bolt the hitch up for $40. The electrical harness (that came with the kit), is just one connector, no cutting or splicing, I can do that myself in ten minutes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.