SRX Trailer Hitch - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Trailer Hitch in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'll try to snap a pic of the boat and SRX today before we hit the river! If you read ...
    steined is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac SRX V8,AWD,Sport

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch

I'll try to snap a pic of the boat and SRX today before we hit the river! If you read all the specs, the Class III is only rated to 3,500 lbs just like the class II unless you use weight distributing equipment. Therefore the Class III gets you a 2" receiver and more bulk showing under the bumper. Some may think it is stronger, but that GM hitch is 1st class all the way. With GM lawyers, do you really think it is "weaker" than the other solutions out there? I LOVE the bracket that holds the 4 way connector too.

mqhavic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by jimlantz View Post
    I went with the GM hitch. More than happy with it. It meets all of the tow ratings for the SRX. Just because you put on a larger hitch doesn't mean that you can carry a heavier load.

The Gm hitch was a snap to install and comes with all required hardware, wiring, bolts, etc.

It also nestles nicely under the bumper when the hitch is removed from the receiver, I don't care for the look of all of that extra iron sticking out when not in use.

I think it is a very nice looking installation.

Got it from GM Accessories Store.
    (Same hitch for 2004-2008)
    http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/cadill...c-388_549.html

$286.38 + shipping.

Took about 45 minutes to install the hitch and maybe 5 minutes for the wiring.
    Hello anyone, i have the hitch on my 2008 SRX, now all i need is the wiring? Where should I just buy the wiring from i can not find any wiring harness. Also where on the SRX does the wiring connect to? In the picture on gmaccessoriesstore.com it shows about a 4 foot long cable, so that make me thing it somewhere close to the taillights. Any help would be great..

Thanks

Hello anyone, i have the hitch on my 2008 SRX, now all i need is the wiring. Where should I can buy just the wiring from? I can not find any wiring harness. Also where on the SRX does the wiring connect to? In the picture on gmaccessoriesstore.com it shows about a 4 foot long cable, so that make me thing it somewhere close to the taillights. Any help would be great..

Thanks

jimlantz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2008 SRX

Harness plugs into connector located at rear of vehicle.
    Drivers side behind rear bumper.
    Unplug existing connectors and plug the two ends into the harness.
    Run 4wire connector over to the hitch.
    You don't even have to jack the car up, you can reach it just laying down behind the SRX.

Thanks, but do you have any clue where to get the wire from?

Wiring Harness is GM P/N 88963947
    You should be able to order the harness directly from the dealer.
    Don't know what the price will be.
    Mine came as part of the GM hitch package that I bought from Gm Accesories Store.

You can also get it from GmPartsDirect.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=12499575

GM PART # 12499575
    CATEGORY: Platform Trailer Hitch
    PACK QTY: 1
    CORE CHARGE: $0.00
    GM LIST: $49.00
    OUR PRICE: $41.50

luckykiwi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanx guys great info , i got a deal on a hidden hitch looks ok , not quite hidden ,,, but found that back end is full of water ,,, now fighting with GM,,,,thank goodness i put the hitch on or it could have been a disaster ...,,GM say my problem @#$$%%^

lttlfeller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sport Wagon Performance 3.6

Thanks to this helpful posting and the information shared here I just ordered the factory hitch w/ wiring, ball mount, and pin for $303.57; I ordered it from my local dealer and he had it here in 1 day. I thought about going w/ one from Reese or similar but decided to go w/ the factory 1 1/4" rather than the 2"; I figure the smaller one will be less visible and I already have a hitch basket/carrier for a 1 1/4" receiver. I will install it myself thanks to the experience shared in this discussion.

Manus151 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I purchased an SRX in March 2008, so far everything is great. I was looking to purchase a bike rack and took a look under the car and noticed there is no hitch. The SRX we got includes lots of options and includes the utility package for $1,575 which lists "trailering equipment" on the window sticker. I guess I assumed this meant a hitch but I never really inquired. From reading the posts here, obviously the hitch isn't included. I guess my question is what is the included "trailering equipment"? And what would be the easiest way to add a bike or ski rack? I doubt we will ever use the SRX to haul a boat or anything substantial so as light duty an option as possible is all we would need.
    Thanks,
    Tom

jwoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 V8 AWD

Just bought an '07 with sport facia - can I use the factory hitch? There seems to be a cut out on the bottom center of the rear facia. Thanks for any info!

jwoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 V8 AWD

Never mind- I just saw steined's pics from 4-2-08. I will try the oem hitch & see how it goes, although it is supposedly not for use with sport facia.

Quote Originally Posted by jwoodie View Post
    Never mind- I just saw steined's pics from 4-2-08. I will try the oem hitch & see how it goes, although it is supposedly not for use with sport facia.
    Been working fine for me all year!

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by jwoodie View Post
    The only thing I can think of, and someone correct me if i'm wrong, the sport fascia has 2 support brackets (in red in picture)that would not allow the lower lip of the fascia to flex. I have a non-sport without the brackets, with a Hidden Hitch, and the lower lip flexed upward quite a bit.

IIRC The supports had to be removed during installation, and it was tricky, but once you figure it out you'll feel like an idiot (at least I did). Just don't forget to re-install them

Eric

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.