SRX Trailer Hitch - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Trailer Hitch in Cadillac SRX Forums; Behind the left rear of the bumper---near the exhaust...
    sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch

Behind the left rear of the bumper---near the exhaust

Baldtop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX, 2013 XTS

FWIW. I just picked up my 2005 SRX from the Caddy dealer. It was there for the hitch install. Total bill is $747 and change. They charged me $500.00 for the hitch kit and the rest was labor and taxes. WOW! Better look into some of the after market products and see if they are just as good. I'm sure that it is an after market supplier that is producing the Cadillac product. Excuse me while I readjust my seat; there is a new unusual pain coming from my bottom!

CeeFive is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am ready to order an 05 and it appears the the hitch has been added to the option list along with the trailering package which includes the cooler etc. I think the cost is around 550. or so for both packages.

vlamgat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch part numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDON
    Here's a pic of the "official" GM trailer hitch for the SRX. Hitch is P/N 88961322. Wiring Harness is P/N 88963947.
    Don Marriott
    Blue Chip/Neutral V8 AWD

Can anyone else varify these part numbers. My dealer says their system will not return these as good part numbers. The kit number of 12498654 is correct and includes AFAIK both of these and perhaps the fan as well. Others have implied that there was no fan in the kit so info on that will also be helpful

ustabawannab is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by sgilbert
    I see on ebay that Draw-Tite now makes a SRX hitch. (http://www.draw-tite.com/). The ebay seller is asking $144.95 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33653).

Shipping likely will kill you, though. Draw-Tite's site has a dealer locator.

Only difference, I can see, is that it has a 2" receiver as opposed to Cadillac's 1 1/4".

Check out my thread. I bought one of those eBay Draw-Tite hitches. It's massive. The photo on their add is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ustabawannab
    Check out my thread. I bought one of those eBay Draw-Tite hitches. It's massive. The photo on their add is not accurate.
    Yup - your thread helped me too. Many thanks as that part number is correct for the harness.

The question of the exact nature of the cooling changes included (or not) as part of the tow hitch kit, is still open. As far as I can see, my 04 SRX has a single electric puller fan mounted on the RH engine side of the radiator. Does anyone have anything else either with or without a tow option?

JoeCaddy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I believe that the cooling package is not tied to the trailer hitch. You can get a hitch with or without the heavy duty cooling package. The cooling package is tied directly to the towing capacity of your vehicle. The heavy duty package consists of a mechanical cooling fan attached to the crankshaft pulley. The base package consists of a dual electric fans mounted to the back of the radiator. If you don't have a mechanical fan on the front of your crankshaft, you have the base package.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCaddy1
    The heavy duty package consists of a mechanical cooling fan attached to the crankshaft pulley. The base package consists of a dual electric fans mounted to the back of the radiator. If you don't have a mechanical fan on the front of your crankshaft, you have the base package.

Hmm - I can see one electric fan on the passenger side but will hunt for the other. By inference - does the HD package then have 3 fans or do they remove one or more of the plastic ones. I dont think there is room for more than a mechanical fan. First time I have encountered an unducted mechanical fan being producing more cooling than electric constant speed ones?

Starvin48 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX (05)

Greetings! I am brand spankin' new to this forum, and figured here would be a pretty good place to start. I just finished doing the wiring on my 05. I put the hitch in a few weeks back. It's simply unbelievable what they would charge to do that. It was pretty easy, and I'm a total newb at that type of install.

Anywho, does anyone have feedback after towing with their SRX over a few years? Thanks for the replies!

Marvin

luckykiwi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Greetings Iam a newby as well:

We have a 2007 allwheel V^ but i need a class three hitch any suggests and i tow a boat and bake racks and the 1-1/4 wont cut it ...

Anyideas
    thanks
    mike

steined is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac SRX V8,AWD,Sport

This isn't what you are looking for... But... I put on the Class II GM with 1 1/4 reciever. I bought a 2" - 1 1/4" adapter for the bike rack and a new ball for the boat. I tow a 2001 Stingray 190 with a 4.3. Total boat/trailer/gas/stuff is still under 3,500lbs. Tows fine. I couldn't stand how the other hitches stood out so much under the sport facia and I could just see my bloody bruised ankles from it protruding as well. All I need is my girlfriend to get one of those and I'd have been done

My second choice was going to be the Curt class III hitch.

jtrumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The Curt 13050 will work great. I just put one on a 08 with the Sport package no less. Some one said you need spacers but I didn't need them. Just installed per the directions. I had the same hitch on my 05 and it worked well for three years.

luckykiwi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks guys very have been very help full,
    I am not to sure on the GM option i think its to light and expensive they want $450 for the unit and $250 to in stall it up here in Calgary , Canada,.
    Do you know anything about the hidden hitch, I know its a good brand name and i can install it myself, They are very reasonable and look ok ...
    Cheers
    Mike

superSRXnj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX

Did you see my posting on Hidden Hitch? I am very happy with it and installation was pretty easy. I only used for a bike rack so far but it seems solidly built.

jimlantz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2008 SRX

I went with the GM hitch. More than happy with it. It meets all of the tow ratings for the SRX. Just because you put on a larger hitch doesn't mean that you can carry a heavier load.

The Gm hitch was a snap to install and comes with all required hardware, wiring, bolts, etc.

It also nestles nicely under the bumper when the hitch is removed from the receiver, I don't care for the look of all of that extra iron sticking out when not in use.

I think it is a very nice looking installation.

Got it from GM Accessories Store.
    (Same hitch for 2004-2008)
    http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/cadill...c-388_549.html

$286.38 + shipping.

Took about 45 minutes to install the hitch and maybe 5 minutes for the wiring.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.