SRX Trailer Hitch - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Trailer Hitch in Cadillac SRX Forums; Looks like there is another option....they are listing 2005 SRX here: http://www.hitchesonline.com/...
    Dripps is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch

Looks like there is another option....they are listing 2005 SRX here: http://www.hitchesonline.com/

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Hummmm.....$169 ain't bad either! Guess I should have waited.

Either brand is well respected, and would be a safe buy.

dwf
    dwf is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the factory is a 2 in receiver or 1 1/4 in receiver ? I would like to use a stowaway2 swivel model. Someone knows this model on the srx. Are the wires preinstalled on the srx even without the factory towing option? Thanks for your help.

dwf

the factory is a 2 in receiver or 1 1/4 in receiver ? I would like to use a stowaway2 swivel model. Someone knows this model on the srx. Are the wires preinstalled on the srx even without the factory towing option? Thanks for your help.

The factory hitch is 1 1/4" receiver that comes with hitch bar, but no ball.

I do not know what a "stowaway2 swivel model" is.

The wires are preinstalled "stock" from the factory--BUT--they are solid; as opposed to the tow option having a plug in the harness that the hitch kit's wiring harness plugs into. (pull plug apart, plug in "T" harness, and loose end attaches to hitch platform)..2 minute wiring install

dwf

stowaway is a hitch cargo carrier box that fits 2 in receivers.

vfour is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Regarding trailer wiring.....my early 2004 SRX does not have the trailer towing package, but the wiring is still in place and with a quick disconnect connector. Plug and play.

CeeFive is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone know if the 2005 SRX can be ordered with everything in place like most other SUV's or not ,and if not, how come? Thanks

dwf

Hi,
    It looks nice. Do you have pictures from underneath ? And pictures of were the wiring connection is ? Thanks dwf

mohmoh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Talking Re: SRX Trailer Hitch

Hello,
    My new redline 2005 V8 gets here "on or before sept 24th"
    I ordered it with everything including the trailer hitch. I don't actually need this right now, but I ordered it "just in case"...
    I was wondering if someone could give me some advice regarding the factory 1 1/4" trailer hitch verses 2" class 2 traailer hitch ? Looks like a 2" is more versatile. What capabilities am I loosing with the 1 1/4"? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dripps
    Very timely information sgilbert. I just got back from the dealer and the parts department called GM to find out what size the receiver of the hitch was for me. I need Class III or 2" receiver for my bike rack....he found out Cadillac's hitch is 1 1/4". Now I'll researc Draw-Tite and see how that fits......don't want to scar my new baby! At least we'll be able to cart the bikes around if necessary!

ustabawannab is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by mohmoh
    Hello,
    My new redline 2005 V8 gets here "on or before sept 24th"
    I ordered it with everything including the trailer hitch. I don't actually need this right now, but I ordered it "just in case"...
    I was wondering if someone could give me some advice regarding the factory 1 1/4" trailer hitch verses 2" class 2 traailer hitch ? Looks like a 2" is more versatile. What capabilities am I loosing with the 1 1/4"? Thanks

They make adapters... clicky me

john d is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My dealer has no clue (service or parts) about how to find and use the factory trailer wiring for which I paid extra buying the trailing package. Was the "T" connector in the glove box, stow tray or do you buy it seperate? If purchased does anyone have the part #?

John,

The "T" connector came with the Cadillac hitch as standard.

If it is available separately, I do not know. Somewhere, but I cannot find it, I have the original installation papers that MIGHT have the part # on it. Perhaps your parts man can find it in the computer.

dwf

I just ordered the hitch from hidden hitch by internet hitches online. Has anyone have the experience of installing this on SRX V8 ?

dwf

Where do you find the wires for the trailer wiring harness ? th reese hitch needs littla adaptation. Does anyone know about this ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.