SRX Trailer Hitch - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Trailer Hitch in Cadillac SRX Forums; "rueben44: I have never seen a Caddy in that color please post a full pic of your car. I know ...
    sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch

"rueben44: I have never seen a Caddy in that color please post a full pic of your car. I know they offer it but I just have not seen one before."

To whom are you asking?

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I can't tell it if it is you Sgilbert or BMWDON but one of you have a SRX in the Blue Chip color. I want to see more pics of that one. Thanks.

That must be mine.
    Attached Images

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sweet!

BMWDON is offline Cadillac Owners Member

mine is also blue chip color with cream interior......

Update on towing. Just returned from a 4000 mile round trip from Michigan to Yellowstone towing my BMW K1200LT motorcycle (large touring...). Great trip, and the GM trailer package and SRX (V8 AWD) performed flawlessly. Have over 11,000 miles, and all systems no problem. V8 was welcome in negotiating steep grades crossing the mountains.

Don Marriott

Well.....

Don, If I put up some pictures, you ought to too.

Inquiring minds want to know---I mean see.

drs121 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch - Denied....

The dealer has informed me that even though our SRX has the factory trailering equipment option it is not "eligible" for the gm factory trailer hitch. They claim this is based on a bulletin from Cadillac ? As the srx is new I am sure there were tweaks this yr to the car as they went along but I can't imagine changes that would of affected the frame of the car or the mounting points for the hitch.

Has anyone else heard of this issue ?

On the bright side I spoke with Drawtite Hitch directly and they will be producing an aftermarket hitch for the SRX as of July 19th.

Now I am hoping it will fit - or the dealer gets the car back.

vfour is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Horse feathers. My SRX is an early one, built in Oct. 03 without the trailering package. I put the factory hitch on with no problems. Even the wiring was there just waiting for the wiring harness. Plug and play.

I agree! Your dealer if "full of it"! Have them show you the bulletin! They most certainly couldn't have changed the frame at this late stage of production.

ilovemyv8srx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sgilbert, finally I ordered the hitch and picked up yesterday. I do not have a set of ramps. The instruction says I need to make some cut. My SRX has the trailering package. I have never install hitch before. Shall I let the dealer do the installation?

vfour is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unless you are fairly handy around cars, let the dealer do it. It's not hard, but the first time through took me more time than it should. However, if I were to do it a second time, it would be quite easy. Wasn't worth the learning curve to me.

The ramps just made it easier to get under the rear. It certainly can be done without them.

The "cut-out" is quite easy, as it is already indented on the bumper. A razorblade knife will handle it.

If never done, it may take you up to 2 hours, but I doubt it. Another person would be quite helpful, as the hitch has to be held up and holes aligned to get the bolts started.

If you decide to tackle it, it is fairly easy, but somewhat awkward. Good luck!

I see on ebay that Draw-Tite now makes a SRX hitch. (http://www.draw-tite.com/). The ebay seller is asking $144.95 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33653).

Shipping likely will kill you, though. Draw-Tite's site has a dealer locator.

Only difference, I can see, is that it has a 2" receiver as opposed to Cadillac's 1 1/4".

Dripps is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Very timely information sgilbert. I just got back from the dealer and the parts department called GM to find out what size the receiver of the hitch was for me. I need Class III or 2" receiver for my bike rack....he found out Cadillac's hitch is 1 1/4". Now I'll researc Draw-Tite and see how that fits......don't want to scar my new baby! At least we'll be able to cart the bikes around if necessary!

I knew you were there, that's why I posted it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.