SRX Trailer Hitch - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Trailer Hitch in Cadillac SRX Forums; sgilbert: Can you verify your kit PN 12498643? My guy looked up that number and found it to be a ...
    vfour is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch

sgilbert:

Can you verify your kit PN 12498643? My guy looked up that number and found it to be a shift kit for $50 or so????

Also, how long did the install take you? Was there a transcooler in the kit?

Thanks

Jeff

casady-football is offline Cadillac Owners Member

whats funny is my dad talked to some dude about the trailer package. They said we were one of the first to get it and when we got are car all we had was the wiring. My dad was pretty p/o but its cool whatever. Now we need to install a custom hitch.

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

OOPS-----GM Part #: 12498654. I just checked it from the box.

The kit includes hitch, wiring harness, and all bolts & nuts. Also included are draw bar and pin, but no ball.

This kit is for the SRX's ordered WITH trailer package (which only has HD cooling and wiring). I would think it would work for those not ordered with it, but not sure.

No tranny cooler offered.

Took about 2 hours, but IF I had to do it again---probably 1 1/2 hours.

Again, Caddy "screwed" us all by implying the trailer pkg was complete, when it was FAR from it.

vfour is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks sgilbert

I take it your SRX came with the trailer towing package?

What parts were missing from the kit?

Thanks.

Nothing was MISSING. Caddy offers a "Trailering Equipment" option when ordering. (read right from my window sticker). It only includes HD Cooling and wiring. Price $250 List

You must order from your dealer's parts dept. the Hitch kit #: 12498654 at $357.14 List plus installation, if so desired. That's over $500 for the total package.

Can you say "rip"?

JoeCaddy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The towing weight is not dependent on the powertrain, it is dependent on the cooling package. 1000 lb for the base cooling package (electric cooling fan) and 3500 lb with the heavy duty cooling package (the cooling fan is mounted on the engine). This is true for both V6 and V8.

SFGOLD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone know if a Class III hitch receiver is available, one with a 2" receiver?

Thanks,
    Bob M

I called all over when I initially learned I was NOT getting the actual hitch. Over 6 manufacturers checked, and NONE available. Some working on it---Summer or Fall availability.

Apparently the GM/Caddy hitch is the only game in town!

ilovemyv8srx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sgilbert, my v8 has the trailering package and the engine blockheater. I can tell the enginer blockheater is there because I see the power plug. But how do I tell the the trailering package is there besides from the paper.

Does your SRX has the 3rd row seat. The headrests of the 3rd row seat do not go all the way down. If I turn it around, then it go all the way down, but will not stay half way up. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

The trailering "package" (what a nis-nomer!) includes wiring and HD Cooling.

The wiring, if I'm not mistaken, only involves a plug behind the rear bumper so that the harness that comes with the hitch from GM can just plug into it.

The HD coolling involves, and I may be mistaken, adds 2 electric fans in front of the radiator.

Yes, I have the 3rd seat. Tou have to MANUALLY remove them and store them under the long skinny hatch just inside the rear hatch. Mine are there forever!!

ilovemyv8srx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks. You may want to try out the 3rd row headrest. It works well when a teller kid is sitting there. but it is funny that I have to install it in different way for the height level. I'm going to find out more from the dealer's service department.

beekay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 Ultraview MRC

Audi had a very custom hitch made for the allroad. it was 250 bucks or so for the product, plus $700 to install it (8 hours labor). they had to remove he whole rear of the car to put it in. I got extra parts when I was done...

they did a very nice job with the hitch though. it is completely hidden and the tongue slides up into it (looks like a 90 degree angle). useless if you want to use it for hitch style bike or ski racks, but I have those on the roof so it doesnt matter.

my caddy dealer told me the hitch was aftermarket and they didnt make one (obviously wrong!)

thanks guys

bk

drs121 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch - need clarification

I just purchased a SRX with the V8 and "trailering equipment" option - $250. Now I want the actual hitch installed by the dealer. Do I still need to order the wiring harness or just the hitch ? Anyone with the trailering equipment option put a hitch on yet ? If so how much is just the hitch vs. the wiring ? at retail or dealer cost...

my dealer was apologetic as they didn't know what to do so I actually gave them the part numbers from this site and they agreed to get the pieces at cost.

This site is a big help.

Thanks,
    DS

If you gave them the right #, it all comes in 1 box. I includes hitch, all bolts & nuts, receiver bar, and all wireing. Even the install instructions. You only need the appropriate ball.

I did it myself---with a little help. I did have a set of ramps, which I backed up onto, which were indespensible! About 1 1/2 hours, but could do another in 1/2 that time.

Dealer cost WAS (in April) $250, and list about $358. My dealer let me have it for cost + 10%.

Now, I need to find a 1 1/4" receiver cap that is befitting a Cadillac's stature and prestige!

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have never seen a Caddy in that color please post a full pic of your car. I know they offer it but I just have not seen one before.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.