SRX Trailer Hitch - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Trailer Hitch in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have already relayed my hitch details (class III hidden hitch on the sport package). I purchased an aluminum hitch ...
    smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: SRX Trailer Hitch

I have already relayed my hitch details (class III hidden hitch on the sport package). I purchased an aluminum hitch mounted carrier (it weighed about 25% less than a steel one, plus it will never rust).

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-...ier-92655.html

It was only $65 after Thanksgiving. I figured it will be great to throw bags of mulch on or strap some plants. I also purchased the cargo net to hold stuff down ($7) from harbor freight and got a waterproof cargo bag ($50) from Amazon. I used it at Christmas to take the in-laws with us on a trip, we put the luggage on the carrier and filled the SRX with 6 people.

I also purchased a foldable trailer from harbor freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb...els-90154.html

it took about 5 hours to assemble and folds up great and I put it between the two and third car sections of the garage. They had a 25% off coupon, so I got it for $225. I had to buy a 1/2" piece of plywood, about $7 worth of nuts and bolts to hold the plywood down, and I covered mine in truck bed liner. Add in registration and it was less than $400. I've only had it since Thanksgiving and haven't used it yet, but I look forward to going to the nursery this spring and loading it up with all the junk that used to dirty up the back of my SRX.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

THANKS mhevei,

I found a Curt 13050 for $155 shipped, from one of the Ebay dealers.

I found the final wire harness from GMPartsGiant for $48.26 shipped (WHY the hell Cadillac didn't include the stupid dongle in the trailer package is just an outright greedy sin!)

Thanks for posting your setup! I am very impressed.

Too bad my Honda Goldwing is just a little too heavy for that setup!

I found several bicycle platforms for under $100.

I can't wait to get this thing hooked up.

Thanks again for posting that.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

MHE.........that looks like my SRX but not my "world." Where is the snow? I'm buried. By the way, my wife is loving the AWD which means I get the SRX to fetch gas and get the car washed.

PJ

agentsmith80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX AWD N*

I woke up this morning to another blizzard in NE Ohio. Tired of it. I said, "I'm going to FL today". The bldg I work in was closed because of the weather, making it a 3 day weekend. I could hook up the jetski, drive to FL, ride a day, and come back with less hatred for the world. However, I hadn't gotten around to having the factory hitch installed on my 2005 SRX yet. I hoped one of the local dealers would have one in stock and could install it immediately but nobody has one. I don't like the look of aftermarket. So I guess I will sit here miserable for awhile longer.

I am curious about the installation of the factory hitches. Is there any drilling or anything required or just bolt it on? I am not sure yet if mine had the towing package (I bought it used) so I don't know if I have the harness ready to go or not. What is the difference with the wires if the vehicle isn't equipped with the towing harness? Do you have to cut the wires?

mhevezi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It's pretty rare that we get snow in the Bay Area. Yeah, some of the hills get dusted with a little powder each winter, but that's about it. I made sure to get an AWD SRX for the muddly parking lots of motocross tracks and for snowy ski resorts. But, yeah... we don't shovel snow around these parts! Sorry guys. Don't be too pissed, my little, 850sq ft house was $270K...

Done deal...

U-Haul installed everything for $78.

So... total expense for my hitch // $155 Receiver // $48.26 Pigtail // $78 Install = $$281.26... For a savings of $298.74 under what the Stealership wanted. Not bad!

It sticks out a bit more then I though it would :: but after thinking about that, I like it! If anyone bumps me in a parking lot, they are gonna get a nice square hole in the middle of their license plate!

Attached Images

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

You should have swung by my house and I would have helped you install it. I just moved to O'Fallon, IL. I only charge $77. Looks good though!

he he.... $77 is a good deal!

when the weather gets a tad warmer, I'll put the bicycle carrier on it and take some photos for here.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Prof........I don't think it sticks out at all. Sweet!

JP

thopson01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX, 1990 Allante

Hi sgilbert,

Would you be able to provid more detail on the wiring? I have an '07 SRX4 and have exported it to South Korea. I am having a very difficult time passing inspections due to local regulations requiring "amber" turn signals. To repace both taillights with the export (amber) version, will cost me about $2k. My thought was to temporarily add exterior amber turn signals via this wiring to pass inspection. However, I am not sure if this is possible, or if I need the additional wiring harness (P/N: 12499575).

Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Tim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.