Rear wiper sprayer?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Rear wiper sprayer? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well just like with adjustable pedals, the rear wiper sprayer doesn't work. I hear the motor kick on and the ...
    faderrific is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Rear wiper sprayer?

Well just like with adjustable pedals, the rear wiper sprayer doesn't work. I hear the motor kick on and the wiper moves, but no wiper fluid sprays out. I just topped off the wiper fluid reservoir and the front wiper sprayers work just fine.

Just to verify the rear wiper gets the fluid from the front right? It doesn't have a second reservoir in the back does it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: Rear wiper sprayer?

Yes. Only one reservoir.

MortnCyn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC

Various problems on the rear washer. Some as I recall had kinked hose. Our '04 was clogged. I was able to open it using my small air compressor at home by being able to get enough pressure in the opening to unclog it.

Take it to the dealer for warranty repair.

faderrific is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I would take it to the dealer but I'm out of warranty, I might try the air compressor though.

Do you know where the kink in the hose normally was? I might try fixing that too.

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Mine had the hose connector off back when it was new. It was spraying the insides of the hatch! I fixed it myself by removing the inside trim of the rear hatch and re-connecting the hose; far more secure than originally.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

fad, what year?

Some '04 and '05 models were prone to clogging.
    I'd advise against using compressed air in certain ways, you could blow the lines apart someplace you can't reach!

What typically happens is the rear nozzle gets plugged and possibly the hoses in the rear gate.
    You need to remove the end gate trim panel. There is a single screw in the right rear corner handle opening.
    Then the panel just pulls down... but be careful not to damage the wires for the lighting.
    Have an assistant hold the panel up while you lower the panel near the light and disconnect it from behind the panel.
    Then just pull it straight down.

You can now access the hoses. Remove the check valve in the middle of the hose, follow it you'll see it, and look at the lines. If they are full of goup, you might have to replace the whole hose assembly.
    Otherwise you can undo the passthrough grommet at the roof. There is a rubber boot that goes to the body from the door, undo it from the body and feed the hose out so you can disconnect it.
    With the hose disconnected at the roof, you can use your compressed air to blow towards the nozzle with the check valve out.

Likewise with the other half of the hose that goes to the motor and nozzle. You can remove the nozzle on the outside by removing the pivot cover, then use a pair of pliers and gently pull the nozzle out of the wiper pivot.
    Use your compressed air to blow through the other half of the hose.
    If you get it cleared out and the check valve is not blocked up, you can put it together.
    The dealer should have a new nozzle in stock, and maybe a hose.

A word of warning if you get the whole hose in the gate, the rubber tip on the end that connects to the motor is the wrong size! Remove the old one and replace the end on the new hose with the old rubber elbow.
    The rest is pretty straight forward.

Subject: Insufficient or No Fluid/Spray From Rear Window Washer on Lift Gate (Check for Proper Hose Connection or Replace Nozzle) #04-08-43-002A - (07/01/2004)

Models: 2004 Cadillac SRX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add another condition. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-08-43-002 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition 1
    Some customers may comment that the rear window washer is inoperative.

Cause 1
    A chemical from the hose may have plugged the wiper nozzle.

Correction 1
    Important: Do not twist the nozzle when removing or it may break. Grasp the nozzle with a pair of pliers and pull straight off.

Replace the washer nozzle. If the nozzle end breaks off, use an airdrill motor with a 2 mm (3/32 in) drill. Using light pressure, rapidly trigger the switch so that the drill bites into the remaining part of the nozzle and pull out. The broken nozzle piece is about 14 mm (1/2 in) long. Flush the system by activating the washer.

Condition 2
    Some customers may comment that the fluid spray from the rear window washer is not sufficient.

Cause 2

This condition may be due to the rear window washer hose being disconnected, pinched/kinked at the headliner to lift gate connection located at the upper RH corner of the lift gate hinge panel.

Correction 2
    Open the lift gate.
    Disconnect the washer hose and wiring harness grommet from the upper RH corner of the lift gate hinge panel.
    Carefully pull back the grommet to access the washer hose (1).
    Check the rear window washer hose (1). Ensure the hose is properly connected and NOT pinched or kinked.
    Connect the grommet to the upper RH corner of the lift gate hinge panel.
    Close the lift gate.
    Verify proper operation.

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004

Have they found a nozzle that actually sprays water on the window? Mine hits the rear light and runs straight down the window.

Jim,
    The little steel insert can actually be aimed. Just put a pin or something in it and move it the direction it needs to go.
    You can make it go higher or lower pretty easily.
    Just check it after you adjust it.

donjumpsuit is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX AWD V8

Mine car (delivered new) wasn't spraying. I figured it was a priming issue. I then decided to press it all the time, even holding at times during driving. Sure enough one day it started working

George Ware is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS & 2006 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    fad, what year?

Some '04 and '05 models were prone to clogging.
    I'd advise against using compressed air in certain ways, you could blow the lines apart someplace you can't reach!

What typically happens is the rear nozzle gets plugged and possibly the hoses in the rear gate.
    You need to remove the end gate trim panel. There is a single screw in the right rear corner handle opening.
    Then the panel just pulls down... but be careful not to damage the wires for the lighting.
    Have an assistant hold the panel up while you lower the panel near the light and disconnect it from behind the panel.
    Then just pull it straight down.

You can now access the hoses. Remove the check valve in the middle of the hose, follow it you'll see it, and look at the lines. If they are full of goup, you might have to replace the whole hose assembly.
    Otherwise you can undo the passthrough grommet at the roof. There is a rubber boot that goes to the body from the door, undo it from the body and feed the hose out so you can disconnect it.
    With the hose disconnected at the roof, you can use your compressed air to blow towards the nozzle with the check valve out.

Likewise with the other half of the hose that goes to the motor and nozzle. You can remove the nozzle on the outside by removing the pivot cover, then use a pair of pliers and gently pull the nozzle out of the wiper pivot.
    Use your compressed air to blow through the other half of the hose.
    If you get it cleared out and the check valve is not blocked up, you can put it together.
    The dealer should have a new nozzle in stock, and maybe a hose.

A word of warning if you get the whole hose in the gate, the rubber tip on the end that connects to the motor is the wrong size! Remove the old one and replace the end on the new hose with the old rubber elbow.
    The rest is pretty straight forward.
    Should I take mine back to the Dealer?

George Ware

If it is under warranty the dealer should fix it, if it isn't under warranty they should still be able to resolve the issue quickly.

mthake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX rwd V6

I had the same issue, wasn't spraying at all. There is a splice, in the liftgate, on the passenger side, just below the window. Popped off the panel, on passenger side, found the splice was undone, applied some 3m molding adhesive and slid back together. Snapped the liftgate back in place and water was coming out the nozzle. Also found that the aiming nozzle was broken off on mine, it sprayed straight out back (james bond trick), anyway, dealer order me a new insert, installed it, and all works perfect now. cost me about $8 for the entire repair.

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

When I removed the washer bottle when replacing the brake lines I occidentally connected the wind-shield hose to the rear and rear to the wind-shield pump, so when I turned on the front sprayer I could hear fluid in the rear but none coming out so I took off the rear panel and looked at the connections, they were OK, then I removed the boot between rear hatch and body, the hose was busted! How I have no idea, so I cut a section and re connected, it worked only using the front wind-shield hose, so I reconnected the hoses in the proper way and its how it should be...but still no actuation of the rear pump, I removed the overhead console and looked, all the switches still function, pressing the center button still actuates the rear blade but no juice

I thought about switching the electrical connections from wind-shield to rear but could not reach the forward pump and was not about to remove the bottle again. Any ideas looking at the schematic why its not turning on the pump? I thought about using a assistant and have them push the button while I have a test light on the connection to see if it is getting 12 volts? Problem I live alone,no assistant.The pump has been bench tested and works.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

The rear pump is mounted higher than the front pump. Is bottle full enough?
    I thought about using a assistant and have them push the button while I have a test light on the connection to see if it is getting 12 volts?
    Good idea, problem may be internal on switch.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The rear pump is in the middle and is lower then the front pump,bottle is full. I have headlight washer. Strange the center switch will activate the rear wiper but not the wash motor looking at the schemactic

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.