Nav System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Nav System in Cadillac SRX Forums; While we're attempting to crack the system over watching DVD's (done) and using Nav functions while moving, I have another ...
    sgilbert is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Nav System

While we're attempting to crack the system over watching DVD's (done) and using Nav functions while moving, I have another crack to overcome:

That @#*&@ Warning screen! How many times do I have to "agree"? I've only had the SRX for a week, and I'm sick and tired of having to press the button everytime I start the car. ENOUGH ALREADY!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

snaayk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Nav System

Ditto!! I said those exact words this morning to someone I was showing the car to

pagpc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

it is a legal thing. every time forever.

pagpc

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pagpc
    it is a legal thing. every time forever.

pagpc
    It may be a "legal thing" but it is not required. My Garmin StreetPilot III used to require a user acknowledgement to clear the warning/disclaimer every time. However, newer versions of the firmware now show the disclaimer for a few seconds, and then automatically clear it with NO user action required.

Conclusion: Obviously, their lawyers can demand it, but some sensible person(s) at Garmin probably understand that any remote legal liability is outweighed by the huge annoyance/inconvenience to the user.

riff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Many of such units also allow you to enter an "advanced setup" mode and turn such nags off. There are similar 'hidden' menus within cell phones as well where you can turn off other nagging features such as carrier logo or manufacturer animation.

I don't have a big problem with the warning screen - it's just one quick tap of the screen... it does bug me when I make a quick stop (at a gas station for instance) and need to confirm again at startup.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.