My Pictures
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, My Pictures in Cadillac SRX Forums; Here goes. Watch for the MacNeil WeatherFlectors; Chrome top rails....
    sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

My Pictures

Here goes. Watch for the MacNeil WeatherFlectors; Chrome top rails.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: My Pictures

For those who asked, here's the "new" OnStar Antenna.
    Attached Images

GQGreek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Very nice!! I definitely got to get those rails. I am not too thrilled with the new onstar antenna. They made the blade go up to high. I replaced mine with the little rubber stub antenna from the Escalades.

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think both antennas are equally ugly. BTW, does anyone know if, after our complimentary one-year subscription runs out, do we still have use of OnStar's emergency features without subscribing? If not, I plan on pulling the antenna and tucking the wires back into the roof liner, and voila, no more antenna ugliness!

Also, since the AMPS/analog cellular service our OnStar equipment relies on will "sunset" in as early as 3 years, we will all need new OnStar equipment anyhow. :rolleyes2

As for OnStar:

1) You've got to be a subscriber to have any functionality.

2) My Onstar booklet says it's ready to be reprogrammed for digital. I assume that that's the way it'll have to go in several years. My '03 H2's OnStar didn't say that.

You both are right as to the uglyness, but I'd rather have the stubby than the whip.

jag2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does that antenna house the XMRadio antenna too?

Nope---I wanted XM, but couldn't due to the UltraView sunroof. Why, don't know! They could have added it back there with the OnStar antenna. Go figure

snaayk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hmm...no subscription no service? Not even emergency? Considering the NAV system I have it doesn't seem like I'll be using the OnStar system too much. If anyone ends up not using the system you might want to disconnect the whole system. Why have big brother following you around if they don't plan on helping?!?!

I wonder, if you're not a subcriber and they steal your car, would they be willing to help?

Also, another option - if you don't have the NAV and are not going to use OnStar there is an OnStar hack that allows you to hijack the onboard GPS to use with a PDA or Laptop - pretty sweet.

MortnCyn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC

[QUOTE=snaayk]hmm...no subscription no service? Not even emergency?
    I wonder, if you're not a subcriber and they steal your car, would they be willing to help?

Know of an individual that had let the OnStar lapse and then locked keys in the car. They called the 800 number and they were able to fire up the system for about $150 and unlock the car. Must mean the thing puts out a signal if they can find it and get it up and running again.

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sgilbert
    2) My Onstar booklet says it's ready to be reprogrammed for digital. I assume that that's the way it'll have to go in several years. My '03 H2's OnStar didn't say that.
    My understanding is that, while the firmware can probably be reprogrammed, there is no digital communications capability in our systems now (because they don't have a digital technology or provider yet, e.g. GSM, GPRS, iDen, etc.), so we will ALL need a major hardware upgrade to continue using OnStar in a few years. $$$

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.