Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  kippjones 
#1 ·
I am shopping for an SUV and have pretty much settled on the SRX, but I am disappointed that they do not offer the power rear door like some other new SUVs do. Does anyone know if this is something that can be done aftermarket as an upgrade?

Also, I'm not sure about the flip-up DVD screen. It's hard to tell from the pictures on the Cadillac website, but it seems like it might be difficult for a child in a car seat to have a very good view of the screen, with the child being elevated in the seat and the screen being a little low. Do any parents have an SRX with the factory DVD option, and if so do you find this to be a problem at all?

Thanks for any help.

#2 · (Edited)
I seriously doubt it would be possible for a third-party to make/install a power liftgate for the SRX. I'm not a mechanic, but I know my Town & Country requires not just a motorized lift, but a remote release for the latch. Not sure where you would get both of these parts to work in an SRX. We really miss our minivan, its power doors & liftgate, features and flexibility very much! If you have a family, once you've owned a minivan, you will never want to go to an SUV! BTW, what other mid-size SUV's offer a power liftgate--I didn't know there were any?

As for the Rear Seat Entertainment system (aka RSE), we have two little ones (3 yr old in a car seat, and the 5 yr old in a belt-positioning booster). While I have only used the RSE once with kids on a short drive (just to test it), my son did not seem to have any discomfort. You are correct that, from his high position in the car seat, he looks downward and I guess his neck COULD get uncomfortable after a long movie. Actually, I think a bigger "problem" is getting the little ones used to the headsets. Because they are wireless and have batteries, they are bulky and heavy so positioning them comfortably, seating them properly, adjusting the volume while on, etc. are not simple.

#4 ·
Nice! With my bad back, I agree that this would be a nice feature. If the SRX adds it in the near future, then maybe it would be possible to retrofit it to this year's model.

I miss the power doors and liftgate every time I have to get the stroller out of the back, or if it is pouring rain and I'm running for the vehicle (like today). :)

#5 ·
The power door lift was something I was hoping to get too. However, I love the car (truck?) so much that it doesn't matter. I also like the split lift-back (window opens on its own) that the Volvo offered. The other convenience I was suprised to see missing is power folding outside mirrors. (Also the cassette tape deck.)

#9 ·
kippjones said:
Power rear door, come on, how lazy are you people??? Do you have an auto ass wiper at home too??? :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:
I was thinking why you would need power doors and tape player ( have not seen a tape plyer in years, hope they were not talking about 8 track)
But there is no need to flame them about the second ststemnet!
We are the Cadillac forum we do have some class here

#12 ·
kippjones said:
Power rear door, come on, how lazy are you people??? Do you have an auto ass wiper at home too??? :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:
Obviously you've never had a power liftgate. A few good examples (that have nothing to do with laziness):

1. We have two small children and use a stroller. When it is pouring rain, and you are sprinting for your minivan or truck, it is VERY convenient to have the liftgate open by the time you arrive at the vehicle. Power sliding or regular doors are also very useful in this example.

2. After emptying the vehicle of your new dishwasher or a bunch of groceries, it is convenient to close the liftgate remotely from inside without going back out into the garage or driveway (especially if raining).

3. I have a bad back and the liftgate is very heavy, not so much to lift but to close. Power feature saves me from aggravating a medical problem here.

#13 ·
I'm with Terpnut. A power liftgate would come extremely handy when un/loading my bike, groceries and those humongous bags of dog food you can get at Sam's Club or Costco. It's not a matter of laziness but rather convenience.

I also like the ability to find an address by a phone number, last name or business name that Pacifica's navigation system provides.

But I still love my SRX the most.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.