Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2007 SRX buying advice/recommendation

10K views 79 replies 23 participants last post by  GMJim 
#1 ·
To start with I am new to this forum. I have been researching SRX's for the past 6 months - was ready to buy a '05 or '06 - then I checked out a almost new '07. Wow. I have the go ahead from my wife - so now I have been spending hours per day searching the major internet sites for a good deal. I am asking those who have a '07 SRX - or know the model well - for advice.
It will have a V8, all wheel drive, ultraview, and nav system.
1) sport option - yes or no (I undertand I cannot get magnetic ride control with the sport option - not sure why) Also is there a brake upgrade with the sport option - and is the exhaust a Corsa or just bigger tips?
2) 3rd seat? I don't really need it - but I need the towing (heavy duty cooling options) Those that have it - can it be really used?
3) Non sport - Magnetic ride control - is there really much of a difference? I am asking because the magnetic ride is not available for a unkown reason with the sport option.
4) rear DVD? any thoughts of how much it would cost, or what alternatives I might have if I find one without the rear DVD option. and not super expensive.
5) Anyone have pics of a white diamond SRX with the sport option? I love the silver and red, but have not seen a white one.
6) Those with AWD - conflicting info on transmission - with the V8 AND AWD - is the tranny a 5 speed or 6 speed? Cadillac info suggests with AWD - it can only be a 5 speed.
7) sensitive Q - but any dealers I should stay away from? I will travel to any of the lower 48 states so location is not a issue.

Thanks all... I know it is a string of Q's, but the best advice/info always comes from real owners/users.

Scott in Minnesota....

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.