One month a a couple of issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, One month a a couple of issues in Cadillac SRX Forums; Been a month now that we have had my wifes SRX. A couple of things have popped up though. The ...
    DVC-Don is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD - 2006 Hummer H3

One month a a couple of issues

Been a month now that we have had my wifes SRX. A couple of things have popped up though. The auto dim rear view mirrors-very rarely dimmed, but then my wife removed the 2nd seat center headrest. Seems to help. Maybe the light hits the sensor better w/o that headrest. Second item-high mount stop light has about 6" on the right that does not illuminate. The salesman called today and said he'd note them and to call him before we bring it in for service.

Overall though, she loves the car/SUV. And I take it whenever I find the keys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Srevi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: One month a a couple of issues

don,

Noticed both issues. Removing the second row head rest solved the problem for me. It now dims perfectly.

On my rear center brake light, four of the lights were slightly dimmer than the rest. I thought I was being too picky but decided to bring it to the dealer and get their opinion. They agreed with me and it looks like the rear light has modules of four to six lights and one of my groups is not fully seated. They don't know if they can reseat the module or if they will have to replace the whole light unit. I brought it in late in the day and I didn't want to leave it over night so I will bring it back and let you know what they find when they open it up. BTW it was the best service area I have ever seen...they even offered to drive a loaner out to my house and pick up mine for service This is my first high end vehicle but so far I'm really impressed with the dealership.

riff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Haven't experienced either of the issues described but will pay closer attention now. Thanks for sharing.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

These are the isssues that I have had. All pretty minor.

Steering wheel makes a slight noise every now and again.

Armrest down near the dash touches the lower dash(by your knee)
    and squeaks. I push down on the armrest and it stops for awhile.

Scraping sound from engine when warm. Sounds like a accessory.
    possibly a bearing in the alternator, etc.

The car is at the dealer right now for this.

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Can you believe a brand new vehicle like the SRX already has 43 TSB's:
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...0&summary=true

Tiger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Flirtin' w/ an SRX...

Smile Re: One month a a couple of issues

For a new (and somewhat complex) model that isn't bad. Most seem service related too.
    The 2002 Chevy Avalanche has 150!

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Comparing the Caddy to a Chevy only makes one unreliable GM vehicle look better by comparing it to an even more unreliable GM sibling. The 43 TSB's look bad when you compare it to its competitors (i.e. comparable, equally or more "complex" vehicles) like the MDX, RX330 or X5.

beers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (gray/black), previous 2004 CTS-V

Do all manufacturers handle TSB's the same way? Isn't this an internal mechanism for service departments to be aware of potential problem areas on vehicles or things to watch for?

interesting info from JD Power on dependability of different makes:

http://www.jdpa.com/presspass/pr/ima...03050bfull.gif

riff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Exactly. It shouldn't be used to judge the reliability of any given vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by beers
    Do all manufacturers handle TSB's the same way? Isn't this an internal mechanism for service departments to be aware of potential problem areas on vehicles or things to watch for?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.