Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac SLS Forum (China) Discussion, Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L in Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012; I did some digging online and got a TON of pics for the SLS and some videos too, but I ...
    Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Thumbs up Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L

I did some digging online and got a TON of pics for the SLS and some videos too, but I need to convert the videos to they display properly still.

Here are some pics, I have about 1000 total in the photobucket albums. Some are not the best resolution but a good deal of them are HD quality.

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/Ludacrisvp/
    To see them all make sure to click the "View all albums" as not all of the SLS albums show up

2.0T Administrative

I am very irritated that our STS does not have this!!

2.0T Comfort

2.0T Elite

2.0T Luxury

Odd buttons...

Rear Console 3.0L Luxury

Gomaz likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Re: Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L

...very nice pics...thank you linking and sharing...

...and that is what they have forgotten for our cars...a "lockable" fuel door (...there is a metal tab with a small hole in the fuel door...for a little pin/pintle, controlled by/with the power door locks/central locking system...)
    ...export STS didn't get this feature either...(I've got a lockable fuel cap...crap)

...and I really like the LED-backup lights...and the red taillamps with the little white LED-section for the amber turnsignal (...and no, this is not another pair of backup lights... )

...hm...the facelift-SLS didn't get any sidemarker-lamps in the front- and rear bumper anymore...

The 3 LEDs for turn signals just seems so small that I didn't even think of them being signals. But it makes a lot of sense since the USA is about the only place that uses red for brakes and turn signals. I feel all cars should have amber signals in the rear.

Oh and I miss having the locked fuel door that my 02 DeVille DTS had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    The 3 LEDs for turn signals just seems so small that I didn't even think of them being signals. But it makes a lot of sense since the USA is about the only place that uses red for brakes and turn signals.
    ...yes...
    ...and as you can see, this taillights got an ECE-label, an european certification label/registration/regulation and approval number (like your DOT number) with a letter-figure combination...many countries adopted the ECE regulations...looks like China, too...

R1-S1 2a 1B
    02 01 02
    E9 (in a circle)
    ---->

...well, the
    R1 denotes "tail light"
    S1 -"brake light"
    2a - "turn signal - rear" (and the ECE regulations also say turn signals have to light up amber)
    1B - "rear red reflector"
    02 01 02 are some revision numbers
    E9 denotes the european approval indicator and the country in which the approval for the lamp originally was obtained/manufactured...the E9 denotes "Spain"...
    6094 - ECE approval number

(Note: an "AR" will be a back-up light)

Oh and I miss having the locked fuel door that my 02 DeVille DTS had.
    ...me too...since my 97 Seville STS had it also...
    Gomaz likes this.

Rico_WT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yes, it is very small. I personally prefer the old version. However this administrative version is so powerful, given it is only 2.0T!

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

where can i get those "T" emblems????

The 3 LEDs for turn signals just seems so small that I didn't even think of them being signals. But it makes a lot of sense since the USA is about the only place that uses red for brakes and turn signals. I feel all cars should have amber signals in the rear.
    ...quoted once more...for a side note...
    ...maybe a little offtopic in this thread...but...here a teaser...(aka "revealing my next addition" )

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacV8 View Post
    ...quoted once more...for a side note...
    ...maybe a little offtopic in this thread...but...here a teaser...(aka "revealing my next addition" )
    Hmm... that looks like SLS China tails on that STS.
    I do have to wonder about the odd thing under your right rear marker light??

So since China has LEDs everywhere in the SLS are the marker lights LED in the China SLS ....... oh wait thats right THEY HAVE NONE.

Hmm... that looks like SLS China tails on that STS.
    Yes…I changed my clear euro tails to the newer 2010-up SLS tails…they are completely different from the typical red US tails…layout, function, color...they are and they look very unique…

I do have to wonder about the odd thing under your right rear marker light??
    ...ah... …well, yes...the "odd thing" under my right rear side-marker is just a LPG tank filler cap...

...this cap covers the ACME thread equipped filler/connection for my LPG tank…
    (LPG – Liquefied Petroleum Gas...propane/butane mix...known also as "autogas"…or in the US mainly known just as "propane")
    ...it is to couple a typical LPG filler nozzle...the LPG tank is located in the spare wheel area in the trunk...

...my STS is a "bi-fuel vehicle"...it has a LPG-conversion... (this was a very expensive "upgrade" in the past...regular offered by Cadillac Europe...incl. the full warranty...)
    The LPG system is a Teleflex GFI system. Teleflex GFI has been a regular supplier of LPG systems for Cadillac in Europe since 2006, and manufactured conversion equipment for the CTS, SRX, STS and Escalade models.

So since China has LEDs everywhere in the SLS are the marker lights LED in the China SLS ....... oh wait thats right THEY HAVE NONE.
    ... ...for the side-marker...you know, the older (pre-2010) Cadillac SLS got the typical amber side-marker, known from the most export STS (and they also got the clear "euro" taillights)...so they contain only conventional W3W or type 194 bulbs... (for my car I changed my orange/amber export STS side-marker to the red US parts...)

Wow that is interesting I never expected that would have been available

So how did you obtain these SLS lamps?

Next thing to get is the bixeon HID lamps and the newer fogs.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    How are you guys getting the part numbers for these?

So how did you obtain these SLS lamps?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    How are you guys getting the part numbers for these?
    …well…the same way I got my SLS led backup/reverse lights….
    …our dear member Alex (nickname “targetSTS” in the forums) and his chinese partner managed this (order) for me…ok…these parts are very pricy…and shipping from China to Germany isn’t really cheap……plus the costs for tax/VAT/customs duty…but they are brand new…and I wanted them…changing was plug and play…
    …we (Alex and me) were a little worried about the shipping from China…cause this parts are fragile and there could have been also breaking/damaging during transportation…but luckily no problems…

…for part numbers…that’s a good question…like I said once before…I got none…I don’t know how they manage this in China…

Next thing to get is the bixeon HID lamps and the newer fogs.
    …oh yeah…these newer SLS fogs/led drl/led turn signals are very nice…I like them…but this parts will involve/need a complete new (2010-up SLS) front facia, grille and maybe some unknown/different parts like deflector, spoiler, retainer, rivets, screws…that’s a little to much money…
    …for the bi-xenon/LED headlamps...yes...I think these parts should fit…the lamp housing has the same dimension like the stock headlamps or HIDs…and some of the newer SLS still got the same ECE approved export headlamps/Xenon HIDs like my (the export) STS…
    …but I think, this parts will be to expensive, too… ( they are similar to the Gen 2 CTS headlamps (the design)…and also ECE approved)

(…to get or import a complete SLS…for a reasonable price…yes…this is it… )

...but there are still some neat little parts from the newer and older SLS I still want…

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Yeah I had him get me a pair of the reverse lights

Now the major question how much are you planning to sell your export tails for? Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Now the major question how much are you planning to sell your export tails for?
    You don't like the Export lights last I read... (I think part of your issue with amber signals is that when they aren't LEDs the amber covering flakes off of the signal lamp making them look washed out or whitish, or if they have the amber plastic lens it just looks odd)
    Are you interested in them or just curious if he will attempt to re-sell them?

----------

@ PontiacV8
    -- Can we get a video of parking lights / signals / brakes / reverse / reverse fogs ?
    Would be nice to see all the lights in operation.

I'd like to know more about the LPG conversion...
    Cost? Mileage? How do you switch from running one to the other? Performance? Odor?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.