Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac SLS Forum (China) Discussion, Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L in Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012; Correct curious what hell get for them. I still have my hate for yellow lights. I'm still working on how ...
    1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Correct curious what hell get for them. I still have my hate for yellow lights. I'm still working on how to disable the drls.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: Photos of the SLS "Elite" "Administrative" "Comfort" "Luxury" 2.0T & 3.0L

I think these are going to be the only route to take to remove DRL.

(I am not a DRL fan at all)

CTS LED front signals

http://www.autolumination.com/switchback.html

AW - Amber - White
    The Amber -White (AW) Switchback bulb has special circuitry inside that senses when there is voltage on the (amber) turn signal circuit.
    Whenever there is voltage on the (amber) turn signal circuit, the bulb switches to amber mode.
    The result is that in most vehicles, the switch back bulb will flash amber-white-amber-white, whenever the turn signal is activated and the headlights are on.

In some vehicles, the power to the (white) running light circuit is automatically switched off whenever the turn signal is activated.
    In these cases, the AW switchback will flash amber-off-amber off whenever the turn signal is activated.

In most vehicles, the AW switchback will flash amber-off-amber off whenever the turn signal is activated and the headlights/running lights are off..

-------------------
    Or

AO - Amber - Off

The Amber -Off (AO) Switchback bulb has special circuitry inside that senses when there is voltage on the (amber) turn signal circuit.
    Whenever there is voltage on the (amber) turn signal circuit, the bulb switches off power to the (white) running light circuit for 2 seconds.
    The result is that in most vehicles, the switch back bulb will flash amber-off-amber off whenever the turn signal is activated, even when there is power to the (white) running light circuit.

The bulb will switchback to white if the headlights are switched on and the turn signal circuit is switched off for 2 seconds.

The bulb will switchback to off if the headlights are switched off and the turn signal circuit is switched off for 2 seconds.

Dont think it will work. Our cars use a 2 wire system for the turn signal drl bulbs. When turn is activated it flashes that drl.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Don't think it will work. Our cars use a 2 wire system for the turn signal drl bulbs. When turn is activated it flashes that drl.
    The V also used a 2 wire setup, the thread I linked to above the video shows what he did on the V to get this to work.
    Fina11y likes this.

PontiacV8 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    @ PontiacV8
    -- Can we get a video of parking lights / signals / brakes / reverse / reverse fogs ?
    Would be nice to see all the lights in operation.

I'd like to know more about the LPG conversion...
    Cost? Mileage? How do you switch from running one to the other? Performance? Odor?
    ...I will try to make a video...my old canon powershot should be capable…but it could last a few days more…at least I take some pictures…

…questions for the LPG conversion…isn’t that easy for me to tell/write/explain in english (you know, I’m german… ) so...sorry for misspelling...lets try:

Costs…well…gas prices in Germany…or (Western-) Europe are high…very high…
    …1 L premium gasoline is something around 1.609 Euro (95 RON) to 1.649 Euro (98 RON) (and 95 RON “E10”-gas is 1.569 Euro at the moment)
    ...LPG is about 0.689 Euro converted on one liter gasoline here in my home town in Germany.
    I’m living near the Dutch border...LPG in the Netherlands is a little cheaper…at 0.569 Euro…sometimes I get it there on the way to work...

Mileage…good question…I got a 12 – 13 L/100 km (whatever this is in mpg) on a rural/city mix…mostly there is an average LPG consumption from 1 - 2 L/100 km more than on gasoline…Autobahn (or your highways) a little better…(and only city drive…ok..hell… I think)
    (”AUTOBAHN”-drive on the german manner is another question…)

Performance is almost the same, I real don’t feel anything in “normal” driving…the papers say there is a possible lost of about 14 - 22 KW running on LPG, depending on the engine-type the system is used…(e.g.: LP1: 14, LY7: 17, LH2: 22)

Odor…there is no…or almost no odor…only if you stay outside at the back of the car you can smell the typical LPG “odor” at the exhaust, when the engine is running…

Operation of the LPG system:
    …the system arms……ok, the system engages when you start the car…but there is an extra little “main”-switch to turn the system “on” or “off” completely (this switch is also a little “fuel gauge” for the LPG tank)…generally the switch is “on”…so there is nothing to do…you can always switch between gasoline or LPG…manually with the switch…no problem…
    ...system switches and starts to run automatically on gasoline when the LPG tank is empty… (but near empty you get an endless annoying “beep beep”…so you are automatically pushed to switch manual in the first…
    …the car always starts and has to start on gasoline (regardless if the system is powered-on or not)…so when you start the car in the morning/cold…and the system is “on”, the car runs the first 2-3 min or 1-2 miles on gasoline…when the cooling system/water has reached a specified temperature the armed LPG system automatically switches from running on gasoline to LPG…(sometimes you feel a little "bump")
    …the complete LPG system is operated and controlled by its own ECU/computer system...in conjunction with the cars own system… (don’t ask for details… )…the programming is made from the LPG system manufacturer…

...hmm...this CTS-DRL-mod is interesting...
    I have to buy a Helms manual more once again...
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Now the major question how much are you planning to sell your export tails for? Hahaha
    …I keep them….I like them, no need to sell…and so I can switch between the lights…when ever I want…
    …and if I sell or change the car, I can change back and hold the SLS tails…
    …btw…on Ebay (Germany) there is a used pair Euro tails for 400 Euro (about 517 US-$) each lamp atm…(but that’s a little to much), a new set from a Cadillac dealer here in Europe will be much more and more expensive, too…
    I know the prices in the US...and incl. shipping/tax/VAT/customs duty I will pay the same or little less for a new set like the ebay used above…
    …I wish I also could get one of the GM accessory 3rd brake lights…

Correct curious what hell get for them. I still have my hate for yellow lights. I'm still working on how to disable the drls.
    …well…and I wish I could have or could activate the typical US/Canada DRLs…
    (so…if anybody knows… )

…almost all export STS got DRL delete “T62 - LIGHTING DAYTIME RUNNING DELETE”
    (…only Norway has a special version of DRL, which is completely different from the US/Canada-based system…the Norway-system incl. head or parking- and taillamps on start, iirc)

…I don’t know how they managed it to delete the DRL on the export cars…but 3157/3757NA bulb and lamp housing are the same on export STS…also same part-# …and IIRC the harness/connectors are the same...

Done with tech 2 feature programming.

@1BadCadSTS - perhaps we need to bug ddalder to see if he can disable them? Or does one need to get an unflashed (BCM?? IPM??) and just choose to not set the DRL to ON?

@PontiacV8 - thanks for the detailed information.
    This is just really new to me as I haven't heard of any Cadillac running on Propane.
    Was this something you did to the car or did you buy it used and this was already done?

The CTS DRL mod would be interesting, I would expect that it could be done on the Domestic STS model too, not sure on the export model that doesn't have DRLs though.

Conversion Chart

L/100 km = MPG
    4.0 = 58.805
    4.5 = 52.271
    5.0 = 47.044
    5.5 = 42.767
    6.0 = 39.203
    6.5 = 36.188
    7.0 = 33.603
    7.5 = 31.363
    8.0 = 29.403
    8.5 = 27.673
    9.0 = 26.136
    9.5 = 24.760
    10.0 = 23.522
    10.5 = 22.402
    11.0 = 21.384
    11.5 = 20.454
    12.0 = 19.602
    12.5 = 18.818
    13.0 = 18.094
    13.5 = 17.424
    14.0 = 16.801
    14.5 = 16.222
    15.0 = 15.681
    15.5 = 15.176

Seems a bit redundant but here it is the other way too:

MPG = L/100 km
    15.5 = 15.176
    16 = 14.701
    17.5 = 13.441
    18 = 13.068
    19 = 12.38
    20 = 11.761
    21 = 11.201
    22 = 10.692
    23 = 10.227
    24 = 9.801
    25 = 9.409
    26 = 9.047
    27 = 8.712
    28 = 8.401
    30 = 7.841
    32 = 7.351
    34 = 6.918
    36 = 6.534
    38 = 6.19
    40 = 5.881
    42 = 5.600
    44 = 5.346
    46 = 5.113
    48 = 4.900

Done with tech 2 feature programming.
    @1BadCadSTS - perhaps we need to bug ddalder to see if he can disable them? Or does one need to get an unflashed (BCM?? IPM??) and just choose to not set the DRL to ON?
    @PontiacV8: The CTS DRL mod would be interesting, I would expect that it could be done on the Domestic STS model too, not sure on the export model that doesn't have DRLs though.
    I think I should talk with my Cadillac dealer... ...maybe this is...or there is a solution with the Tech 2 to activate the DRLs for export... ...and maybe ddalder also knows a little more...

@PontiacV8 - thanks for the detailed information.
    This is just really new to me as I haven't heard of any Cadillac running on Propane.
    Was this something you did to the car or did you buy it used and this was already done?
    Conversion Chart
    ...ah...ok...so if you need any more information...I will try to give an answer...

...well, I am the second owner of the car...the first owner bought it brand new back in November 2008 (yes...it's an early 2006 model, but first sold and first licensed/registered 11/2008...) and he sold it a little more than 2.5 years later...he also had the conversion made...
    I bought it on December 9th, 2011 at my Cadillac dealership...and sold my 1997 Seville STS) ...so the car was only 3 years "old" at the point I got it...
    ...now/today the car has about 53,300 km (approx. 33,130 mls) on the clock...

...as I told before, Cadillac Europe regularly offered these "Ready-to-install/Made-for-(some) Cadillac’s"-LPG-kits for some years...incl. full warranty...as an "upgrade"...
    ...and IIRC, in the beginning, for a short time, as a sales discount...
    ...the first owner bought the car...and also the LPG-kit...the dealer has done the work/conversion a little later...

...btw...there are also other LPG-conversions in the market...but this system was the one which was regular/supplied for and from Cadillac Europe here...

...thanks for the chart...

EDIT:

...btw...here an image with some trunk parts removed (while installing the Cadillac SLS tail lights)
    ...so you can see the LPG tank in the spare wheel area...

@ PontiacV8
    -- Can we get a video of parking lights / signals / brakes / reverse / reverse fogs ?
    Would be nice to see all the lights in operation.
    ...ok...now......here a first attempt upload on youtube...a short "teaser"-video...
    ...another (enlarged "testing"-) video will follow...

Pic:

Video:
    Link: http://youtu.be/ti3aYzzqq-4

Ludacrisvp and Ludacrisvp like this.

...here ya go...

...some images and details on the lights...(I got an error message while posting...something like "maximum number of images/video in a thread reached" ...so sorry for double/triple-post...I also kicked some pics...)
    ...and an enlarged video... (...maybe it would have been better in the dark but the camera doesn't like it... )

( @Ludacrisvp:...I also added a picture with the LPG tank in the trunk in post #23 (two posts above) )

SLS (left) vs. Euro clear

...the "reflecting" area...:

again...some pictures with lights on...different angle...

...and here the video...:
    Link: http://youtu.be/schCQN6Sp08

targetSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac STS AWD 1SG

nice lights, Heiner

Looks good. Thanks for that info.
    I looked into our propane fueling here in the states... Hardly any stations here can fill them. I found about 3 stations within 100 miles from here. Which I think would be about 165km or so. So it would not be very practical here even if it would be possible to get the same setup done here.

The power fold would have been a nice option here.

Any plans on getting the locking fuel door?

Quote Originally Posted by targetSTS View Post
    nice lights, Heiner
    ...thank you very much, Alex...

Looks good. Thanks for that info.
    Any plans on getting the locking fuel door?
    You're welcome...!

...the locking fuel door...yes, I like it...but...no...I don't think so...it is to complex...(only) the fuel door shouldn't be a problem...but all the other parts...solenoid, pintle, fitting...the wiring/harness...the control/activation...how to do and other questions...all the parts have to come from China...also plans and so on...and an "aftermarket" solution...or parts from other cars....problematic...
    I have to live with my lockable export fuel cap with key...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.