potentially selling 98 SLS, wanted pricing help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville (SLS, STS) to 2004 Classified Ads Discussion, potentially selling 98 SLS, wanted pricing help in Cadillac Classifieds Marketplace; My gf just inherited an 01 Toyota Camry with 19k miles on it, car was always garaged so I may ...
    aburns7487 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 SLS

potentially selling 98 SLS, wanted pricing help

My gf just inherited an 01 Toyota Camry with 19k miles on it, car was always garaged so I may be selling the 1998 Seville SLS 121k miles Moonstone Metallic/Slate interior. Leather, heated seats, Bose cd/tape stereo

Things recently done: 4 brand new all season tires V rated ($700), new left front wheel bearing ($270 w/labor..during tires), oil change,new cabin air filter, transmission oil changed, cleaned MAF sensor with MAF cleaner, cleaned throttle body (previously it was sludge), cleaned Northstar Plate on engine (degreased it), full detail (spent 8 hrs scrubbing everything with magic eraser sponges, took tons of stuff off-got full works car wash at scrub a dub as well), new all season cadillac.floor mats (front and rear.$40,new ac charge $100 , new rear brake line, new front passenger switch, both front headlight assemblies replaced (super clear). All bulbs updated to HID or upgraded bulbs in front, both rear tail light assemblies, new bulbs on both rear, middle trunk panel bulbs all replaced...all bulb were.like $150 total, techtron fuel injection cleaner, sea foam cleaner, steering wheel cover, new sls blem.on rear, new glovebox.latch($40) (previouly it wasnt even able to open, lock mechanism was broken and stuck locked), reappoxied front right interior pillar, purchased full touch up.pint kit ($75, havent done anything yet. Primers,moonstone metallic, clear coats, sandpaper kit), purchased front Bose.dash speakers (2" cubes $165-not installed yet), front bose 8.5" speakers & 12" bose subwoofer ($135-not installed yet). New alternator.and radiator hose last year. Driven by my gf 20 miles total a day. Shes had it for about 3 yrs.and only put about 9k miles on it.

CURRENT Issues: could use a tune up (plugs swapped.possibly but once I cleaned MAF & TB runs great.)

RSS C1762 just tripped (no previous issues noticed)

Slight wobbling on stepping on brake pedal (rotors are probably uneven/warped, need to be changed, braking not an issue. Car stops on a dime, no squealing or anything)

Speakers I purchased potentially installed, seems front crackle so tuned currently faded to rear.

Rear.back up panel not . illuminating (possible.bad ground?

Will post new pictures this week.

What should I ask for it?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: potentially selling 98 SLS, wanted pricing help

If you need help with (realistic) pricing, use one of the online sites - www.kbb.com for one. Be objective in your condition assessments - NO 1998 car with 121,000 miles is in "Excellent" condition.

I agree sub. was Curious what the community thought. I'm not looking to rob anyone nor get rich, f that is even possible. I was Speculating to myself $3,000

----------

wow subStaidly less via KBB....Just spent $1700 recently, would want to recoup.... Seem $2500 is more ideal In my mind.

----------

KBB good is 2212

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

here is the problem -
    no one wants a 98 Seville with 120K miles on it -

all the money you put into MAINTENANCE and TOYS is just gone -
    I doubt you get back 10 cents on the dollar for all that stuff -

the tires might add a couple hundred to the value -

CURRENT Issues:

could use a tune up
    (plugs swapped.possibly but once I cleaned MAF & TB runs great.)

if that means the engine runs rough - even slightly -
    the price goes WAY - WAY - WAY down -

RSS C1762 just tripped (no previous issues noticed)
    suspension codes could add up to BIG $$$$$ -
    and that WILL reduce the price -

Slight wobbling on stepping on brake pedal
    that means MORE $$$$$$$$$$$$$ off the price -
    if the brakes "FEEL BAD" to a potential buyer -
    they ARE bad -

Speakers I purchased potentially installed,
    seems front crackle so tuned currently faded to rear.

that means the radio is shot - in the buyer's mind -
    a new stereo is a couple hundred - subtract that $$$$ -

Rear.back up panel not . illuminating (possible.bad ground?
    electrical problems - the price goes down even more -

---------------------

so here is what a potential buyer sees -

a 98 Seville with 120+K miles on it -

has new tires -

runs somewhat rough -

the brakes are shot -

there are suspension problems -

can't play the radio -

has electrical problems -

and thew AC has a leak somewhere -

----------------

if YOU were looking for a used car -
    how much would YOU pay for this one?

$1000 - maybe $1500 -
    and if you find the "right" kid - that absolutely MUST HAVE it - $2000 -
    ------------------

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I'm afraid Sahib Basscat speak with straight tongue! You might get $2500. if you offered no down and long term financing.

Thanks bass foryur assessment. Im aware most things I got werent going to be recouped. I agree with some assessments but not others.

Brakes work fine, stops on a dime. Im talking slight pulsating, but I agree what one could figure. I had planned on doing rotars but now I probably wont, due to getting rid of it.

The car doesn't run rough at all. It flies. Upon initial start in past it I iddled rough. Again, I can see what you are saying. Whe n I cleaned MAF & TB all delay on takeoff was removed. Tune up suggested, meaning I doubt the 90k mile spark plug change occurred.

Radio works, I have new speakers for the front to be installed, they are hard to find even on ebay, at least the 2 inch cubes for dash were anyways. The ones in now, work, but arent clear, which is why it was faded to rear which works fine. Again, I see what you are saying. Should I have bestbuy install them or just sell car as is and sell speakers on ebay (165 with shipping for cubes and 150 for front 8.5 and 12 inch subwoofer?)....

AC recharged, previously ac wasnt working, now its cold. They said no leaks and took full charge.

I replaced all 4 light assemblies (no haze, crystal clear, all HID bulbs (yes i wont get it back) and car looks sharp now. I have the oem touch up kit to fix any scratches. I will try 2500 if I can fix left rear shock sensor code, fix ground issue on rear panel (wasnt sure if it was a fuse, previously it worked). I made an attempt to make the car look nice vs a crapbox, which it mayor maynot have been in. I was trying to restore functionality. In past I wouldve maybe tried $1000 @best before minor improvements. You are being str8 with me as is sub and others. I guess im just disappointed since I spent the $..

What should I fix or not fix?(remember im looking to get as much as I can for it.

Should I put the $ into rotors, should I do new pads at same time, or forget it ? (Looking to sell it)

Rear ground seems a must. Has current inspection sticker, dont want to cause issue.

Rear left shock strut sensor, should I replace it. Dont know whst to do on c1762 code....

Touchup any scratches/imperfections with touch up kit instead of pass off to potential buyer, just do the work for them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.