Front discs for my 1999 Seville STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Front discs for my 1999 Seville STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, My front discs (rotors) seem to be pretty worn away: seems to be excessive for 78000 miles, but never ...
    t99sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Front discs for my 1999 Seville STS

Hi,

My front discs (rotors) seem to be pretty worn away: seems to be excessive for 78000 miles, but never mind...

Anyway, I am in the UK, and generally try and source these things myself. Looking around, it seems that the discs are made by Brembo (not bad!! I didn't know that :coolgleam )...

Can anybody give me any part numbers for them? GM (less preferable) or if Brembo themselves have part nums (more preferable)...

Have done a little looking online and www.brake-parts.com and www.carpartsteam.com seem to have them, but they list them under it seems their own part numbers.

It should be fairly easy with the part #'s to get the discs over here; the problem with big slabs of steel is they cost money to ship, so would prefer to get them local if possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Re: Front discs for my 1999 Seville STS

Steve:

I'm going to risk providing useless information here as I have no idea what mechanical differences there would be on an export-to-Europe model (if any). And you might look at www.gmpartsdirect.com for answers; they have a mail-to link on their page for questions.

Your '99 is the same as my '98, or would be if they were both domestic.
    Front rotor GM part # 18060640
    Front pads " " 18045379

Some dimensions on the rotor might help you. They are 11.8" diameter, 1.267" thick (new), discard thickness 1.2".

I have seen on-line parts catalogs that list certain running gear items as fitting '92-'98 in error. The major chassis / platform change happened with the 1998 model year.

Cheers, Jim

t99sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Front discs for my 1999 Seville STS

Jim,

Thanks for the helpful response; I do have the factory service manuals for my '99 and I can tell you there isn't much difference... I have right-hand-drive which causes a few quirks here and there...

In fact the only differences (which aren't applicable to the UK) are for export to countries that use leaded gasoline: I don't know where these may be (South America perhaps?)...

Anyway, thanks for the pointer to the GM parts website - didn't know about that one....

Best Regards from the United Kingdom,

Steve

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.