Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  t99sts 
#1 ·
Hi,

My front discs (rotors) seem to be pretty worn away: seems to be excessive for 78000 miles, but never mind...

Anyway, I am in the UK, and generally try and source these things myself. Looking around, it seems that the discs are made by Brembo (not bad!! I didn't know that :coolgleam )...

Can anybody give me any part numbers for them? GM (less preferable) or if Brembo themselves have part nums (more preferable)...

Have done a little looking online and www.brake-parts.com and www.carpartsteam.com seem to have them, but they list them under it seems their own part numbers.

It should be fairly easy with the part #'s to get the discs over here; the problem with big slabs of steel is they cost money to ship, so would prefer to get them local if possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
Steve:

I'm going to risk providing useless information here as I have no idea what mechanical differences there would be on an export-to-Europe model (if any). And you might look at www.gmpartsdirect.com for answers; they have a mail-to link on their page for questions.

Your '99 is the same as my '98, or would be if they were both domestic.
Front rotor GM part # 18060640
Front pads " " 18045379

Some dimensions on the rotor might help you. They are 11.8" diameter, 1.267" thick (new), discard thickness 1.2".

I have seen on-line parts catalogs that list certain running gear items as fitting '92-'98 in error. The major chassis / platform change happened with the 1998 model year.

Cheers, Jim

#3 ·
Jim,

Thanks for the helpful response; I do have the factory service manuals for my '99 and I can tell you there isn't much difference... I have right-hand-drive which causes a few quirks here and there...

In fact the only differences (which aren't applicable to the UK) are for export to countries that use leaded gasoline: I don't know where these may be (South America perhaps?)...

Anyway, thanks for the pointer to the GM parts website - didn't know about that one....

Best Regards from the United Kingdom,

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.