Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  jnpettit 
#1 ·
I have allready replaced the blower motor on my 96 sts. It quit. I now have a vibration and noise on my 95 etc. only on high speed. does that sound like a bad blower motor.? If so does anybody know Where to get one of These at a reasonable price?

Thanks

#3 ·
When I R & R 'd the blower on my '97 Deville I forced it in on the advice of a Caddy mechanic. In hind site, I force a bit too much as it worked fine for about 6 months then literally exploded from centrifical force. It obviously was cracked a bit byt forcing it in. Next time I rocked the motor forward to give me the clearance I needed. If you shoe horned it too much, that may be your problem.

#4 ·
Ranger said:
When I R & R 'd the blower on my '97 Deville I forced it in on the advice of a Caddy mechanic. In hind site, I force a bit too much as it worked fine for about 6 months then literally exploded from centrifical force. It obviously was cracked a bit byt forcing it in. Next time I rocked the motor forward to give me the clearance I needed. If you shoe horned it too much, that may be your problem.
I agree with Ranger... the cage may be bent due to brute force. Mine exploded before his did.

#7 ·
Remove the passenger side torque strut (dog bone) at the engine and rotate it up and out of the way. Completely remove the drivers side and replace it with a 7" turnbuckle for about $10 from the hardware store (or buy an $40 engine tilting tool). Tighten up on the turnbuckle and you should be able to tilt it enough to gain about 2" in clearance by the firewall.

#11 ·
Yes, the original blower can be disassembled by removing the inertial plate and removed with out any problems. Installation in reverse will eliminate the clearance problems, but they where redesigned for a reason and a used one may fail at some point in the future.

P.S.
Keep the plug wires away from it.

#15 ·
Thanks Ranger! Gathered a lot of info from this site. Not sure what I might have been doing wrong, but I just could not get close to the clearance i needed only by pulling from that driver side torque strut position. Even tried to remove the cam cover, but there was just no clearance for that either. Finally took the cradle bolts out, which was intimidating, but what a piece of cake! With a jack under the center of the cradle and another jack under the center of the frame (with a short 2x4 for more frame support, that motor rolled right over and my fan popped right in. Praise God! Also made it very easy to get those cam cover bolts back in. Then I lowered the frame jack, sort of bounced the frame by standing on the front bumper, and the cradle went right back in place. Bolted it up, got everything back together, and heard that little fan purr. Awesome! I used a Four Seasons fan, #35121, because I read that some of them come in two pieces. But the one I got was one piece, and the fan cage is a little shallower than the original. All is well so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.