NOOOOOO...no 2004 STS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, NOOOOOO...no 2004 STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i was thinking maybe they would keep the SLS on for awhile. Perhaps when the new STS comes out end ...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    i was thinking maybe they would keep the SLS on for awhile. Perhaps when the new STS comes out end of next year it will only be available with higher end drivetrain. Cadillac maybe wants to keep a car in the 45k pricepoint until the new sts v-6 is ready.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    I would hope they'd let the SLS die before STS shows up. They still have a car in the $45,000 range -- DeVille. Isn't an SRX also in that range?

Are they really building a V6 STS? In that case it's a Seville Too Slow. I know it'll sell, but man, that's embarassing.

.Jinx

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    STS with a V-6? I wouldn't even consider it! Looks like DTS time for me!

The rumors i've heard have the base STS with a 275 hp v-6. This will bring the STS more in line with the 5-series, which is its intended competition

275 hp V-6? 5 series? If the STS does not have a V-8....It's not worth having. Cadillacs recent obsession with putting out these cars with cheesey V-6's stinks as bad as the 4.1! I will Never buy a Cadillac with a V-6! If it's all they offer.....I'll buy something else. I don't care what the intended competition is....The CTS is an underpowered car with a V-6 no matter what the advertising tries to make you think! If I want an underpowered P.O.S. I'll buy a Cheap Chevy!!

the STS will also have the New northstar...with between 320-350 hp depending on what rumor you believe

Originally posted by Brett
    The rumors i've heard have the base STS with a 275 hp v-6. This will bring the STS more in line with the 5-series, which is its intended competition.
    Once again, Cadillac doesn't get it.

BMW would never do anything so plebian as place a V6 between its fenders. BMWs use inline sixes.

Lexus knows this. Why doesn't Cadillac?

And if Cadillac had any sense they wouldn't build anything bigger than the CTS with anything less than eight cylinders. Even a small-displacement pushrod V8 has more American cachet than Just Another Sixpot.

.Jinx

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    One would think........

Infiniti is rebuilding their whole image around a great V-6, so if the engine is right, the configuration is moot.

Cadillac isn't Infiniti. And that engine's got nearly a decade of kudos as the world's best V6. You don't really think GM's new "high-feature" V6 is built to be the world's best, do you? GM's own press materials say it's designed to be built at a lower cost.

*sigh*

Ahhh yes the sign of a guy who is never wrong. Lots of them on this board. You say V6 is lame, i give you example of a good one. Then am derided for stating facts. " You don't really think GM's new "high-feature" V6 is built to be the world's best, do you? " You have no facts to the contrary. If you think the V6 is gonna suck, fine. But lets wait until its based in fact. Oh and you spelled PLEBEIAN wrong, which i might add is rather plebeian of you.

Double *sigh*

Originally posted by Jinx
    Lexus knows this. Why doesn't Cadillac?

And if Cadillac had any sense they wouldn't build anything bigger than the CTS with anything less than eight cylinders.

.Jinx
    I agree with you on the V-8 to a point!......But if cadillac didn't build anything bigger than a CTS They'd lose MANY customers (Myself included) You might be small enough to fit in one of those RUNTMOBILES, But I want something bigger and more comfortable that still moves pretty good.....They can build that little junk if there's a market for it but they should always build a real luxury car as well......If they want to compete with Mercedes, BMW, and all the others they're out of touch once again with what they're real customers are looking for I.M.O.

i think he meant anything bigger than a CTS should have a V8. Rereading it it did kind of sound like he was advocating them building smaller cars, but i dont think that is what he meant.

No one online is ever wrong.

GM's new V6 has been discussed here before.

From the Detroit News Auto Insider article posted elsewhere on this forum (and thus faithfully paraphrased from a GM Press Release no doubt):

"One key to the new engine family's success, maintains GM, is that it will be competitive with the best in the V-6 class, yet be built at a lower cost. "

This is not GM's "beat all comers with superior technology" engine. This is GM's "let's check off the same boxes on the spec sheet as those imports as cheaply as possible" engine.

Nissan can excel with a V6 because it's proven to be an excellent V6. (Their premium V8's no slouch either.) GM's proof is a press release and a long history of V6 mediocrity.

Facts? Your comments look an awful lot like opinion and analysis. I asked a legitimate question, which you sidestepped by taking offense and countering with a spelling correction. But thanks for the summary.

Nissan is a Japanese brand. Domestic brands are held to different standards in the minds of the media and the marketplace. Even if Cadillac builds the world's greatest V6 it won't get the same kind of approval Nissan has received.

I'm sure that Cadillac will do fine. They'll build competitive if not always outstanding cars, they'll lose their dinosaur-junk stigma, and the next generation of buyers won't dismiss them out of hand. Maybe there will even be a certain awe of Cadillac ownership, like the awe that only BMW and Mercedes carry today. Perhaps in another fifteen years they can honestly claim to be the standard of the world. But I'm selfish. I want Cadillac to be more aggressive and build the world's BEST cars now, only so that I can get one before the reputation and price catch up. Cadillac's approach doesn't benefit me at all. :-)

Wouldn't you rather see every Cadillac built to beat the competition rather than merely match them? Beating the competition means more power and more luxury than anyone in the car's class. Anything less is unclear. SRX and XLR look very good. I await STS with bated breath.

And yes, CTS is too small for my tastes. I need elbow room.

.Jinx

"Nissan can excel with a V6 because it's proven to be an excellent V6. (Their premium V8's no slouch either.) GM's proof is a press release and a long history of V6 mediocrity. "

I agee completely with that statement. Nissan has had ten years to PROVE that their engine is excellent. Cadillac's V6 hasnt even hit the street and you are saying that its gonna suck. Which it may. Really my only gripe i have with you, is that you impuned the engine originally only because it was a V6. When you and I both know that there are good V6's out there. The irony is that judging by our posts we're arguing about an engine that neither of us would ever consider buying

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.