Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Logandiagnostic 
#1 ·
:want: As much as I like Cadillac and my Elorados, it only takes a couple of times for a hasty mechanic to get into the door to replace a window or lock part and break off the integrated plastic clips that hold the panel in place. Poor engineering! So, after venting my disgust with the engineering dept., has anyone come up with a remedy to anchor the lower part of the door panel without tacky screw heads visible? It appears like Cadillac expects the whole door panel to be replaced for a couple of busted plastic flange clips.

#2 ·
Real Cad said:
:want: As much as I like Cadillac and my Elorados, it only takes a couple of times for a hasty mechanic to get into the door to replace a window or lock part and break off the integrated plastic clips that hold the panel in place. Poor engineering! So, after venting my disgust with the engineering dept., has anyone come up with a remedy to anchor the lower part of the door panel without tacky screw heads visible? It appears like Cadillac expects the whole door panel to be replaced for a couple of busted plastic flange clips.
I wish I knew. I just replaced my whole panel for over $400.:alchi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.